Pocket money

Zaarambar
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:07 pm 
Post subject: Pocket money
Anyone started on pocket money yet? Just curious how youve done it. My daughter (4) gets each week a Euro for each year. We used to struggle because she wanted everything. Now she has to save her money to get the bigger things. Still its not easy. The other day we went to Smiths and she asked me on everything what price it is and she clearly hadnt got the money. Hopefully, she learns soon enough. How early would you start or on how much (i know it would be Sterling)?

Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldnt give her too much unless you know she appreciates the value of money. I know plenty of kids who expect loads lol

My oh and I tend to give Jessica the odd change which she always puts in her money box. When she has enough we take her to get some sweets. Once we had to buy bread to feed the ducks Confused
Zaarambar
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
Well, she should be able to know whats number 4 and how much the things costs she wants. Id say it just takes a little time for her to get used to it. At least she knows ones the money is gone, she has to wait until she finished school for that week. Sow e are getting there Smile

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:38 am 
Post subject:
no dont give pocket money just yet dont think ill be doing that till shes in senior skl.

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
haven't really thought about it yet tbh - I suppose I doubt I'll do it until he's at school at least. Not sure really!! There's arguments for both sides.
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
Well, she is already in school. Besides, how do you stop the fro wanting things? Without a big drama?

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
I tell my daughter to ask Santa. When she asked me for some things earlier this year, I told her money doesn't grow on trees, she told me to get new seeds lol. Now she tells me to go to the bank.

If my daughter wants things (just small bits and bobs, Kitty in my pocket 2.99) then she has to earn stars on a chart for good behaviour, then gets a treat. It works for us, don't know what i'd do if she was an angel though.
Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
Jessica is constantly asking for stuff I always say ill see what I can do and she is quite happy with the response. Anything big she will get for xmas and she gets small treats for good behaviour. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular