PCOS...i've got it

Babydreams25
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:29 am 
Post subject: PCOS...i've got it
Hi ladies!

It has been forever since I was last here. I have been ttc since march 2009 with no luck. I received 8 months of feritility treatment last year taking metformin and clomid only to end with a 7 inch cyst that ruptured. I called it quits last october.

Over the past few days I have been having pain in my side that feels the same as the pain I had last year with the cyst. I went to the doctor and there were pregnant women everywhere!!! I went through so many emotions...[*CENSORED*], sad, dissappointed, [*CENSORED*], frustrated sad, [*CENSORED*]! All i chould think about was getting out of there!

After my pap smear, blood work up and ultrasound, I was told again that I have PCOS by a new doctor, so theres my second opinion. I dont know what I was thinking.....maybe if I dont think about getting pregnat and dont think about having pcos it will magically go away. Silly me!

Well he told me since my cysts are there and giving me trouble I am at high risk for getting cancer and i have to do something to lower the risk. My choices are get on birth control to regulate my hormones or take clomid to regulate my insulin production. I am hesitant to get back into focussing on baby making like last year because I was so depressed every month. I dont know if I can handle the emotional roller coaster right now. But at the same time, I dont want to get on birth control and leave myself with no chance.

So, Ive decided just to go with the metformin and take it easy.

Thank you for a place to let it all hang out.......
Gilliebreezers
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Please dont give up hope on your BFP

I too have PCOS, I had been trying to conceive since 2004, I tried the metformin and cycles of clomid, I didnt have a cyst but I was extremely overweight and the consultant kept putting down my lack of conception to my high BMI.

I was so fed up of trying and trying and getting nowhere and quite frankly being an emotional wreck every time my period arrived I decided to stop all treatment.

Since stopping the treatment in 2009, I have fell pregnant 3 times, sadly the first 2 ended in m/c but I'm now almost 24 weeks.

Everyone kept telling me it will happen when I least expected it and when I stopped stressing about it and at the time I thought its easy for them to say but its true.

Good luck and best wishes

Gillie
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 am 
Post subject:
I have PCOS and i'm pregnant, I wasn't trying this baby was a suprise. Never give up hope x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular