hooray!

LittleMissHopeful
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I've just seen this thread and read your happy news.
Congratulations and I hope everything is going great for you.
Very Happy
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations hope everything is goin well and u r being well looked after.

andie76
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:57 pm 
Post subject:
thanks so much for those messages! i dont get to come on very often at the moment and i havent checked this post for ages so apologies for not thanking you sooner!

All is going well with me & baby! Everything looked fine at the 20wk scan. We were good & didnt find out the sex! Seeing the consultant tomorrow for a check up and quick scan, after that we have growth scans&consultant appointments 28, 32 and 36wks.

Annoyingly my midwife has left to work on the mat ward but her replacement seems nice enough. I saw one in between who was horrible, asked why i was seeing the consultant and when i told her my history she replied "oh right" like she hears it all day every day! That didnt bother me too much until she had a go at me for using a doppler at home, after all it took her 3years to learn how to use one!!! How rediculous! No reassurance from her at all but never mind she's gone now!

I never had any major symptoms but i have been asleep by 930 every night the last few months. however the last couple of weeks ive still been awake at 1030 so i think im getting over that exhausted stage. ive also been getting cramps in my calf in the night...only a handful of times but more than ive had it in my life. not nice. cant complain though, everything else is fine!

Discussing urine tests tomorrow so hopefully theyll be giving me thorough checks from now. oh also wants to discuss the strep a as he worries its still in my system. as far as im aware i had strep a, took antibiotics and they got rid of it but i think theres so much info about strep b around, even though theyre completely different he's got it in his head that this could be the same so id rather he talks to the consultant to get the correct answers. i think im going to ask her how soon theyll induce me aswell. my last consultant suggested 39wks but if all looks ok id rather go for 38, which my old midwife though this consultant would be fine with.

im feeling lots of movements and kicks. amelies placeenta was at the front so i saw/felt more squirms with her! this time the placenta is low down so im keeping my fingers crosed that it moves up and out of the way in time. if not, that just makes my "natural or c-section" decision for me!

Enough from me, just wanted to update those who've been so kind to send messages Very Happy

Thanks again xxx

ChrissieRussell
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
So glad to hear everything i going well for you hunni Smile and i hope it carries on i'm sure it will. xx

*Our beautiful twins are safe in heaven*
Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Andie, it's been a good while since I've been on here too and I just wanted to check how you're doing. Great to hear you're doing so well Smile Thumbs up
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
omg! cannot believe i have missed this before now!!! i am so so so sos pleased for u Andie, truely i am! u deserve this so much and i am so pleased that everything is going so well im have real happy tears streaming down my face, really am so so chuffed for u, has really made my day!

MASSIVE MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! xXx
XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
I have missed this too congrats hun

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
choccers
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
so glad to see you and bump are doing well Very Happy
Hannah born Jun '12
ClaireJackAlfie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
So glad to see you are both doing well xxxx

baabaabaa1001
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
omg congratulations!! sooo happy for you i cried when i read about your little angel amelie. wishing you every single ounce of luck in the world.xxxx

JafflePie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:11 am 
Post subject:
Just seen this too Andie - lovely to read your update Smile
Congratulations all round and a h&h ... 3/4months or so?! Very Happy
bunny79
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
Oh wow!!! So sorry not been on here for so long !

Huge congratulations andie !! So so happy for you and that baby is doing so well xxxx

andie76
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
hello!!! i cant believe its been so long since i updated! i've been meaning to update for weeks so at last I'll get on with it ....

so at 28wks they discovered my placenta was completely covering the cervix and my consultant said she'd make a decision at 32wks whether to do a c-section and warned me the chances were she would as the placenta was unlikely to move. i was gutted but realised about an hour later, if the exit is blocked theres no other option, so that helped me get used to it. and yes at 32wks it was still low lying so i was booked in for c-section. we didnt tell anyone the date, and told family we wouldnt be given a date til 36wks (to stop them quizzing us!). we then went to the 36wk scan only to find out the placenta had moved! i was really stuck with what to do but i suddenly remembered all the positives about having a c-section id thought about over the past weeks and decided to go with it....everyone (consultant, anesthetist, midwives) were all lovely but after i told them our decision, they said they were really pleased/relieved.

so i finished work and had a manic week of cramming in visiting people, cleaning the house top to bottom and filling the freezer...then the big day arrived....

Wedsnesday 25th July 2012!!! we went to hosptial for 7am and were told (along with 2 other couples) at about 830 that nothing would be happening for a while as it had been a manic evening and they were about to an emergency section. id been told unless there were any emergencies id be taken in 1st, but no, the registrar came along and told me id be 2nd Sad so me & oh decded it would probably be nearer lunchtime so thought there was no point in getting changed. i popped to the loo and just as i came out my consultant came bursting through to reception asking the midwives where i was....she then turned me and said, i want you to go first, and she then told the midwives to make sure we went 1st!!! so myself and oh had a quick a change and within 5mins were off he theatre!!
it was such a fantastic experience, the theatre was bright and sunny (it was the hottest day of the year!), music was playing, the wonderful anesthetist we'd met and who had made sure he was looking after us on the day, was making me laugh so much, it was such a surreal experience!! oh was bought through and i didnt really realise theyd started when all of a sudden (at 9.58am)the curtain came down and our baby's bits were shown to us...i took a double look to make sure i was right and yes.....we got another girl!!!!! wow we were on cloud 9!! oh went to watch as .....Amaya Florence....... was checked over and he (re-)cut the cord. the anesthetist was taking photos of us all and everyone was so excited it was a great atmosphere!

We were in recovery about half an hour later where oh started the phone calls our families and friends had all been waiting for!!! both sets of parents came to visit that day. i was up and showered withing about 6hours and felt great. i didnt sleep that night, but id known i wouldnt so that was fine. we were discharged the next day after Amaya had a thorough check over by the paediatrician and another senior doctor.

We had the best 2 weeks while oh was off work! we have such a contented daughter, she wakes about every 4hrs for feeds and kindly got herself in the routine of 10, 2 and 6 so the 2am feed is the only struggle of the day! we have had so many visitors but amaya doesnt bat an eyelid at being passed around! oh is now working from home for 2 weeks so we've got a gentle transition getting used to doing things without him. She's being bottle fed as I've had that many problems with my body over the last 2 or 3 years I really didnt want to be beating myself up if anything went wrong with breastfeeding. It may not have done, but i didnt need to make myself feel like a failure again. I have no problem with bottle feeding and its my opinion that Amaya benefits from having a calm happy mummy who bottle feeds her, than a potentially tired, stressed upset mummy who breastfeeds. it was also important for me that oh got stuck in from the start, helping with feeding and changing, and already they have such a strong bond its lovely. I've been great after surgery...I havent been sore at all. the day after i had to make sure i moved around carefully but ive been fine apart from that.

of course, all the wonderful times with have with Amaya, remind us of all the special times our gorgeous Amelie missed out on so thats hard to think about. But I kow that we're so lucky to have one healthy little girl with us, and we know her big sister is always watching over us.

We wont be leaving it many months until we're ttc again and I cant wait. I hope more than anything that we dont have to go through any more mc's but only time will tell so we want to get things moving asap.

I'll try to pop on if/when i get the chance and no doubt as the months tick by i'll be back as a regular in the ttc secton!

for now i will leave with a pic of my scrummy, amazing Amaya.......

xxx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations, she is absolutely gorgeous.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Aww she is beautiful just like her angel sister. She looks so content and sounds very placid!

Congratulations to all of you! Enjoy every single minute, hour and day!

Give her a big cuddle! Xx
Page 5 of 9

Jump to:  

Community

Popular