MORNING SICKNESS!!!! ARGHH!!!!!

Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:31 pm 
Post subject: MORNING SICKNESS!!!! ARGHH!!!!!
Hi all,
woke up today and had morning sickness for the first time!!! yey!(you can't tell but i'm being really sarcastic here)! lol
it was horriable Sad anyways was thinking we could all give tips on what helps it go away??? any ideas everyone???
i ate nesquick cereal, but it wasnt long before i saw it again!!!! lol!
thanks xo
xXleanne83Xx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi the best thing that works for me is travel sickness bands, you can get them from Boots and they work wonders!
hope that helps!
xx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:42 pm 
Post subject: xx
iv been luckly and havent had it thanx god. but alot of the girls onhere have some very good idears godd luck xx
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:37 pm 
Post subject:
travel sickness bands??? never even knew they excisted!!! do u wear them all day or just when ur feeling sick?? do they look ok?lol!!! and do they cost much??

i'm definately going to vist boots, i'd try anything!!! lol

thanks xoxo
Marien
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. There is a lot of good advice on several forums about morning sickness. Here is a medical way that GP's may help but usually only in extreme cases (unfortunately, mine was).

"Hi. Did you know that if u can't keep anything down you can get help from your GP? It is becoming common practice for GP to prescribe medication to help with severe cases of pregnancy sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum) and it is generally considered safe to take this med in pregnancy. Hope this helps. Talk to your gp."

Also acupuncture bands or even acupuncture can help effectively, plenty of rest, fluids and eating little and often if you can. Only eat what you feel like though! It does usually get better (I NEVER thought I'd feel better but I am a bit!) so don't lose hope! Good luck with whatever you decide to try xx Very Happy
gingin
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:35 pm 
Post subject:
the best advice i got from my mum in law who used to be a nurse was to have some juice and a cracker or toast about 15 minutes before you get up - avoid tea and coffee too- keep your food very plain and simple and eat lots of fruit - i have also avoided cooking as much as possible and we have been eating out more than normal just to give me a break - for some reason when food is cooked for you its easier, my mum in law is coming to stay soon to make sure i eat properly !!
i am just starting week 13 and my nausea is definately starting to ease - but i am so tired of feeling sick just like everyone else !!
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:17 am 
Post subject:
hi all,
thanks so much for your replies. finding that every morning or late after noon when im hungry i start to feel sick, so im nibbling on everything!!! (not good for my figure)!! but i haven't been sick since yesturday. (yey) Laughing

think the cracker and orange juice idea sounds good gingin, so going to do that and get myself one of then travel sickness bands!

thanks again everyone.

kimberley xo
gingin
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
and i also tried Ginger Ale the other day - and i think it did make a difference - ?? just do what the rest of us do and do a mad trolley dash - you'd be surprised what takes your fancy !!
gX
farzu23
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm 
Post subject: Hi
i'm not pregnant but heard it from my mom that if you keep some salty biscutes near you when you sleep, and when you wake up just have a bite before getting out of bed helps with morning sickness Confused Not really sure how it works though.
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, i havent had any but alot of people say ginger helps! Try some ginger biscuits xx
vicky75
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:05 am 
Post subject:
hiya im 9 weeks, ive realised im feeling a little betai thought my nausea was never going to pass im so realived.for me i noticed eatin small and regular foods like hot cross bun,crumpet, ginger biscuit,marmit,jam and chunky kitkat bars worked like a treat i found i could manage my day beta.i was very exhausted over the smallest task Sad but i can say ive me old energy coming back now yippy!!!!!! Smile remember it will get beta ladys.X
cardea
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:41 pm 
Post subject: blurg !
Oh i sympathise ! I was sick as a dog unitl 22 weeks, i vomited so badly i tore a hole in my windpipe and had to take tablets to stop the bleeding. I tried the following :

: Grapefruit essential oil in my bath in the morning and in an oil burner
: carry dry crackers and nibble on them when you feel sick
: travel sick bands - i wore them constantly
: ginger - capsules, buiscuits, or raw and grated into hot water
: sip lots of water, being dehydrated from the constant vomiting made me feel worse and gave me headaches
: i carried travel sick bags and eventualy carrier bags , tissues and babywipes everywhere i went as i vomited anywhere anytime.
: see your doctor if it gets really bad - it could be more serious than just 'morning sickness'.
I hope is passes soon, poor thing X
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
hey everyone,

have found that if i eat mini chedders, before getting out of bed helps loads!!! although still feel sick during the evening.

xo
Michelle1975
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:00 pm 
Post subject: Morning Sickness!!!!!11
ginger tea or crackers helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular