Decreased fertility??

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:43 pm 
Post subject: Decreased fertility??
Hi, was hoping to get some answers from someone with a bit more knowledge than me!

I miscarried in November and I am in my 3rd cycle since then, I have 1 child who we conceived 1st go, the pregnancy I lost was conceived 1st go, so when I read that you were most fertile for the 1st couple of months after a MC I just assumed we would conceive 1st go again! Not the case, and I am now in the 3rd cycle, I should be ovulating around now but have got really sharp pains on my right side, almost like period pains but more intense and only on the one side...does anybody know what this is?? Also, has anybody who has previously conceived easily then had a MC had problems (or just not conceived as easily) afterwards. I know some people can take ages to conceive and I am grateful that my 1st 2 pregnancies happened straight away but just find it odd that now after MC we're not getting anywhere... Sad

yorkie101
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,

Sorry for your loss.

I conceived my DD 1st month but as you can see by my ticker, I've had a few problems ttc no2 Sad

Don't get scared tho huni, cos I'm sure you'll get your bfp very soon, are you doing opk's..??

xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:42 am 
Post subject:
The pains you're getting sound like ovulation pain to me Question , that tends to be one sided and can either be cramping or quite sharp or even a burning sensation , (only trouble with ovulation related pain is you can get it before during and after ovulation so on it's own it's not the best way to predict ov ), it could be that your cycle has changed a little since your loss and you might b missing the best time , and it's quite common to not ovulate the first cycle after a m/c as well .
Your were probably just very lucky to conceive the first month of trying twice as you really only have around a 20% chance in any given month, so as this is only month 3 i wouldn't worry yet Smile , if you don't get lucky this month then maybe a month trying opk's might help Question just so you know for sure when you ovulate as timing is critical and it might not always happen when you think it will even in 2 cycles of the same length .I'm sure it won't take long (although I know every month feels like forever when ttc Confused ) Good luck for this month xxx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Hiya hun
I was pregnant and due June 2012.. and had a m/c in october.. I have been ttc since november... nothing for me either... before that it took about 5 monthds of ttc to get my bfp.. though I 40.. so its kind of expected.. Good luck xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the replies, spoke to DH about it last night and he said the same thing that we were just lucky the 1st 2 times and we're only really in our 2nd 'proper' cycle now. We've been BD at least every other day since AF stopped this month so hopefully caught this time but was wondering how long the egg lasts once released before it dies...e.g. we BD on Monday then OV Tues then BD Wed would I still get pregnant or would we need to BD on THE day I OV?? And are you limited to a time frame, i.e. it only last a few hours so if you OV in the morning and don't BD til night would you have lost your chance?? It's never something I've had to think about and now I'm all confused and getting stressed by it. I know I'm so early in after MC and it shouldn't worry me yet and the stress isn't gonna help but if I had a rough idea of how my body worked then it might put my mind at ease Smile

What's OPK btw?? Is it those OV testing strips? Do the cheapo ones from eBay work as well as the really expensive ones? I was gonna get some then thought I'd leave it a week or so to see what happened this mth.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
An egg only lasts 12-24 hrs without being fertilised, but sperm can survive much longer , once they get to your tubes your body actually helps keep them alive Shocked so they last 3 or 4 days , so BD just before ov is best so there are plenty there waiting for the egg when it gets there Smile , so it's not vital to do it on the exact day, and it can be pretty hard to tell when that is even with the OPK's so as long as you do it for a few days before you should be fine , yeah the OPK's are the ov strips and I found the cheap ones really good, and the lines get darker gradually on those so you get some warning as well , whereas the digi ones just give you a + (or smiley face ) or nothing , they're good for checking that you ov when you think you do, but they can make BD seem a bit more planned Confused
Depends on you really some women find it takes the stress away because they know they got the timing right but others find waiting for that line stressful and then feel under pressure to BD as well, it sounds like you've got it all covered this month anyway, good luck xx
danielle345
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
I miscarried in october hun and am still ttc now and like you with my daughter who is now 4 i got pregnant really quick and with the baby i had a mc with i also got pregnant very quick, i think the reason im not getting pregnant is because im thinking about it too much Confused im gonna try and relax and fingers crossed it helps hope you get your bfp very soon xx Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular