not quite adoption but close.. can you help re egg donation?

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
Shellm wrote:
Even if you donate a child has the right now to know about their biological parent, is that right? Thought I read it on the egg donor website. I am going to look at surrogacy a bit more and see what it entails. I have definitely had my family and couldn't cope with anymore but I now think if my eggs are any use or my womb then at the moment they are going to waste. Does that sound a bit stupid?

Yes Shell, apparently there is a donor register and certain particulars of the donor can be located (but I dont think its as clear as name and address) then again, it will only be of interest to a the child (once they are 1Cool if they are aware they are the product of a donor. It would be amazing if you could be a surrogate. While Ive been doing my research Ive noticed CARE in Manchester now offer this service and apparently the Womens are hoping to. It would just be so good for so many women if that extra option is so readily available. You are lucky to have your children and be so content to be able to consider helping other couples. I wish you well xxx
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
I have been reading the COTS website. It's all very confusing at the moment. It could take ages to research it all and fill out forms and then I am even older.

Komolafe
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
You should chat to Tiny. She has gone through surrogacy in recent years and could give you a lot of help and advice. If you really are keen to help others though why dont you approach your local clinic and see of they would be able to screen you just in case you are suitable. Im sure they can bend rules when it suits them and usually the age is only a guideline. Who knows... with eggs being so scarce they may find you are just as good (if not better) than some women who are a few years younger! Good luck xxx
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular