Can yhuu keep yhuur baby if yhuu changee yhuur mindd?

SophieJade
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:04 pm 
Post subject: Can yhuu keep yhuur baby if yhuu changee yhuur mindd?
Soo farr I'vee decided to put maa babyy up for adoptionn cos ii have no wayy of lukinn afta it but ii was wonderinn, if ii changed my mindd aftaa ii had it wud it be too latee? xxxxx
alsoo, how do yhuu deletee accounts cos ii dont wanna usee this anymoree, even tho I'vee just postedd on it Razz but ii wanna get rid of it wen thee babyy is bornn cos ii wont need it xxxxx
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
I'd say you need to speak to social services if you want questions like that answered, I doubt there's many ladies here that have been through it.
I think from watching programmes that there is a short period of time where you do have the opportunity to change your mind but I don't know if that is days or weeks.
I've not had to delete my account so don't know how but there must be a way if you look through settings I'm sure you find something.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:28 pm 
Post subject:
I can't answer your question I'm afraid, I agree that you may want to ask SS about that but if you are already thinking you will change your mind then its doubtful you'll do it anyway.

(PS, (please don't take this offensively) any chance you could correct your gramma a bit when you post as it took me a good while to read and understand your post).

Terri xx

xFayeGotBabyDustx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
xxOliversMummyxx wrote:

(PS, (please don't take this offensively) any chance you could correct your gramma a bit when you post as it took me a good while to read and understand your post).

Terri xx

Exactly what I was going to say!! Jeeeeeez I don't understand the need to write that way?

SophieJade
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
Well nuffin is final yet anywaii, so ii dont have a sociaal workerr. And ivee tried lukin thruu all the settingss but ii cant findd anyfinkk :/ and noo ii cant, ii can writee how ii wont faanks Very Happy xxxxxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:14 am 
Post subject:
I think you generally get around 6 weeks to decide but once you sign all the paperwork then it's final and you can't change your mind ,you wouldn't get any contact with the child, the new parents can change their name and it would be up to the child in the future when they grew up if they wanted contact with you , normally the baby would go to a foster family for the 6 weeks while you decide .
You say you have no way of looking after it but there is help available (financial and practical) I was young when i had my first (17 , I was pregnant at 16) and was terrified I wouldn't manage as the dad was being an idiot and didn't want to know at that point , but you find ways of coping and money isn't everything Smile If you really want to put your baby up for adoption then I'd contact social services and get them to explain the process, if you'd really like to keep your baby but aren't sure how you'd cope then there are people who help, your midwife should be able to give you some help, but the CBA can tell you all your rights and benefit options and depending on your age and cicumstances then social services might be able to help you as well . Dont know about deleting accounts sorry . If you are going to post again though you'll probably get more replies if people can understand you better (I've had practise cos I've got teenagers Laughing ) Good luck xx
SophieJade
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
But ii dont havee support off maa family maa mum wants me to get rid of it anywayy. She says that she ent havinn the baby at her housee, so ii kinda dont have any choice tbh. I havent told maa boyfriend cos hes been on holidayy the past two weeks and im still only just startinn to show.. I just really dont no wot to do tbhh :/ in a way ii want maa baaby but then in anuvaa way ii dont cos im onlii 15 and ii have no support or anythinn,xxxxx
lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
if you tell SS you want the baby adopted you normally have about a six week period where u can decide if it is definately what you want (CHECK THOUGH!)It is a very 'final' decision as once you have agreed there is no going back, you may be allowed to have slight contact at the beginning before adoption takes place but it will more than likely depend on circumstances an take place in a SS Childrens centre with a Social worker there, sometimes depending on the adoption type you may also be allowed to send cards and letters to the child once a year but that also depends on circumstances but no contact other than that. An im not bein funny but at the end of the day if you want your baby then keep it!! theres ways around things!! get your own place then when baby is older get a job! i was pregnant at 16 with my first and my mum wanted me to get rid because she thought i was too young, very sadly i lost that baby at 16weeks and my mum regretted every single word she said! Could you live with knowing you would never see your child again? That some strangers where bringing him/her up? i think you need to think really hard and seriously about this! theres NO going back once you've done it, then its a decision that you have to live with and possibly regret which i know a few people do, i know these things as im adopted and under the circumstances it was the best thing to happen i was TAKEN from my birth mothers care for certain reasons which im not about to go into but YOU need to think about what YOU want not what anyone else wants! plus why couldnt you bring a baby up? you are able to change nappies arent you? make bottles? bath a baby? do some cooking and cleaning? but just from your spelling you have a LOT of growing up to do and very fast if you want to make this decision andmake sure its the right decision.
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
Its a huge decision but your carrying a really precious child, if you can't take care of the baby you could give it, through adoption as a gift to a family who desperately want a baby. No amout of money can buy a baby, they are so very special. I know 4 couples who are looking to adopt in the near future, good families exist out there who could give the child everything it needs.
At the end of the day its your body, your baby, your decision.
You need to find someone you can talk to with a professional background e.g. doctor, midwife, social services that sort of person who can give you all the facts then you have everything you need to make an informed decision.

All the best of luck.
Myshellmichelle
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:39 am 
Post subject:
Please try to think long and hard about what u really want! I was 15 when I was pregnant and I couldnt abort or even consider adoption. I had got my self into that mess and it wasn't the unborn child's fault. I work with children who are in care and it breaks my heart sometimes coz all they want is their families. At present we look after a boy who was adopted, they didn't want him after 10 years and he ended up in care, he has now just found his birth mum and he is so made up and happy. Children should be with their birth mother, obviously some circumstances make that not possible...... Like drink and drugs. But please don't feel pressured and do what u decide, u don't want to go through life regretting it. The best think in my life I have ever done is making the decision to keep my baby at age 15!
saffy1984
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
xxOliversMummyxx wrote:
I can't answer your question I'm afraid, I agree that you may want to ask SS about that but if you are already thinking you will change your mind then its doubtful you'll do it anyway.

Terri xx

Do you mean grammar?! lol

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
i hope u hav managed to get the support u need and hav been able to speak to sum1 about ur worries. Its a very big decision and a very final 1 so u need to make sure ur making the right decision for u and ur unborn child.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular