Hungry baby

DN85
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:56 pm 
Post subject: Hungry baby
I am new to this forum.
My baby boy is 10 weeks old and is always hungry, he is on 7oz's every 2hours and is always grizzly afer his feeds. My friend suggested I give him a tiny bit of baby rice to see if this settles (when she says tiny she means enough to fit on a table spoon) but I am unsure. My mother in law says that the guidelines on when and how to feed your baby are always changing. Any advise greatly appreciated.
Thanks
xx x xx
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
sorry but 10 weeks is really early. the guidelines at the mo are 6 months but most people wait till atleast 4 months. the reason for the guidelines is if u start too early ur child can develop allergies to foods as their bodies are not ready for it! both mine were on 9oz bottles of hungry baby every 3 hours at 10 weeks but tried topping up with water in between too. at 10 weeks they may be going through a growth spurt so will want more.
caramumofmany
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
i'm not saying do it but have you tried formula for a hungrier baby - guidelines now say your not supposed to wean till they are 6 months now however i started all mine at about 4 months just tasting and stuff but to be honest i think maybe you should talk to your health visitor and see what they advise you to do after all thats what they are there to do
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular