Have i ovulated?

Anabelle
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:51 pm 
Post subject: Have i ovulated?
hey, i got a positive ovulation test yesterday, did another one today and negative. does anyone know if that means i have already ovulated? Thanks in advance for aby answers, i cant find any information online...
Rach2014
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
yes it does mean you ovulated yesterday .. but you are still fertile for up to 48 hours after just not as fertile as at ovulation
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
I have just bought a ovulation testing kit and find it a bit confusing. DOH It say about wortking out when to start testing so should i count from af start date 14 days then start testing for ovulation? Sorry i am so stupid about all this.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:20 am 
Post subject:
Depends how long your cycle is , it's always best to start a few days early just in case you miss it, then once the lines fade again thats when you should actually ov , the tests just pick up the LH surge which you get before ov so on a 28 day cycle if you did normally ov on cd 14 then you'd probably get your surge cd13 or maybe even late on cd12 xx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Nat, How are you getting on? I have double checked and if my cycle is 27 which it should be this month then I should start testing on saturday and see when it apears then.
Im quite excited using this new gadget but dont want to waste it.I did think i caught that egg this month but af arrived sob.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:31 am 
Post subject:
If it's 27 days it might be worth starting as early as cd 11 just in case you have a long luteal phase , how many tests have you got ? If they're the digi ones then you don't get to see the lines developing so it will just go from a complete negative to a positive, if you find you want to try them every month then a lot of ladies on here use the cheap strips so you can see the lines appealing and try a few days before ov as well, just gives you a bit more warning , some of the Ladies just keep one of the digis to back up when they think they've got their pos on those but I just used the cheapies (much cheaper than the other brands of OPK ) wish I had some this month as I've not got a clue whats going on thanks to being ill at the worst possible time Rolling Eyes Laughing takes the pressure of for the next 2 weeks I suppose Laughing Sorry AF got you, but FX these opk's will do the trick and you'll get that BFP Very Happy xx
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
ThANKS NAT70, So pleased to hear from you. Sorry you have been ill, we have have the bug that is going around.

I will start testing then and see where i go from there OH seem really positive and he is saying in a few months we will be plaing what to buy.He gets more broody than i do lol.
I have started eating healthy and not having no takeaways atall. Wioll keep you posted on how it goes and probably be asking more questions.

Oh there was someone on the ttc forum was praising you the other night how proud you must be, like a oracle with your knowledge.

Take care x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular