November Mummies 2012

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Scamper, hi again! I didn't even realise you were pregnant again! Congratulations hun Smile and thanks x

NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,

I got my BFP for definate yesterday and looks like I'll be due 6th Novemeber. I'm still taking it all as it doesn't seem real yet. But have started feeling a bit anxious about it as I don't 'do' pregnancy very well and my last wasn't good at all.

This website got me through some really tough times.

Wishing everyone a h&h 9 months!!!!
Very Happy
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats on your pregnancy Nic! I'm assuming by your AskBaby name you already have 2? How old's your youngest?
I know what you mean about not 'doing' pregnancy very well, I don't know how bad you had it, and compared to others I had it fairly easy but I hated the last part of it and couldn't say I particularly enjoyed the 1st part much either. With my 1st pregnancy I got to about 33 weeks and started getting signs of pre-eclampsia but never all the symptoms at the same time, so they couldn't rule it out but they also couldn't say for definite that is was! So spent the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy in and out of hospital being tested and observed and monitored and scanned etc. then the w/e before JJ arrived I was in hospital projectile vomiting over all the nursing staff lol, then the following Monday exactly 3 weeks before his due date he arrived...unfortunately it's only the bad stuff I remember about that pregnancy, can't really remember feeling 'blooming' or anything else they say you should be during pregnancy, just felt fat and spotty and p*ssed off! I didn't get morning sickness which I was grateful for but instead I had a time each day where all of a sudden with no warning I needed to go toilet and not for a wee, I literally had to run as fast as I could to get there coz there was no holding it in...I think it's a form of morning sickness as in, your body has gotta expel any nasties from your body somehow and mine was from the lower end Sad It meant I couldn't go anywhere that I might get caught short til it had happened each day (luckily it was usually in the morning so I could get on with the day then) and that lasted til I was roughly 4-5 months Sad

2nd pregnancy was great, no sickness, no running to the loo, but also it turned out, no baby as it was a blighted ovum which I found out at 12 weeks. So fingers crossed it's 3rd time lucky for a problem free pregnancy! Very Happy

(sorry just realised I've written an essay!) Hope your pregnancy goes more smoothly this time, and look forward to the next 8 months of chatting to you Smile

NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Ah thanks K8.
You're right, it is my third! I have two little girls of 5 and 2 (I need to sort my ticker but can't remember how lol).
With both pregnancies I suffered sickness morning, noon and night and with the 2nd I was admitted to hospital because of weight loss and dehydration. This carried on throughout both. I had SPD from 19 weeks with the first and about 13 weeks wth the 2nd which was just horrific. I can still remember the pain and being in tears with it. I ended up on crutches and not driving for the last 2-3months Sad

The worst part of both pregnancies was with my 2nd and at 16 weeks got a call from the hospital saying my blood results were back and my risk of downs was 1:64. I was in pieces, with my hubby working away and not wanting to talk to friends about it (I was scared I would be judged for whatever decision we made)I found it really hard. We decided to go for the amnio, so that we knew what we'd be dealing with one way or another, but the procedure was awful. What they did was bearable but seeing my baby on the screen while they did it & the thoughts going through my head was awful. That was where this website helped me hugely.
I got the all clear but after this got diagnosed with anti-natal depression. I was having massive problems at work and on top of the rest just couldn't cope. Felt really detached from my unborn baby and also my baby girl. My Dr advised that I find out what I was having so that I could try and build a bond and it did the trick.....

Both labours were a doddle I'm pleased to say. First 3hrs, second just under 2hrs so hoping that gets quicker too.

Anyway, like you I've now written an essay but I can't wait to take this journey with you other girls.

Wishing everyone h&h 9 months

x x x
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies
Hope your all ok.
Congrats to NicMumOfTwo
Jus been reading your posts your both very brave going though all you both have!

My 1pg was ok really I didn't av any morning sickness I jus suffered with really bad low bp which made me feel so I'll.
Also terrible migraines ad was signed off work from 12 till 14 weeks, and with the bp 20 to about 25 ish weeks then got moved to a sit down job, and managed to stay at work till 34 weeks.

So far with this one I have jus been feeling sooooooooooo tired by 7pm its a struggle to sit on the chair lol and keep my eyes open.
And jus really really light headed every morning. Like super dizzy/faint

Wen ru both gonna keep your news quite until?
I wanna as long as poss as I love the excited of no one else knowing,
Last time we told our mum's and my sis like the day after we done the test and this time I'm enjoying that it only me and hubby that know Very Happy

I think it might be abit busy In here soon there loads of BFP on the feb testers!!!

Can't wait to all get to no each other

Xxx

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Nic, sounds like you went through hell! And WaitingforAutumn, migraines and low bp doesn't sound like a bundle of laughs either!

So far with this one, I'm the same as you Autumn, just ridiculously tired! This morning about 11ish I went food shopping with JJ and he was falling asleep in the car, I had to start tickling him to keep him awake and singing at the top of my voice lol! If he'd have fell asleep on the way there then there's no way he would have napped later on and I look forward to his naps atm so I can have a nap as well! It turned out great coz he ran round like a nutter in the shop and tired himself out even more, we had lunch then headed home and he fell asleep in the car, I transferred him into bed and he slept til 4.30pm!!! Bonus, 3 hours extra sleep for me Very Happy

DH doesn't understand how tired it makes you being pregnant, we all had flu about 2 weeks ago and he keeps telling me it's coz I'm still recovering from that, but it's definitely being pregnant that's doing it, I was the same with my 1st and 2nd up to 11-12 weeks.

Been trying to start eating a little healthier, I do love my veg but it's the hassle of getting it ready when JJ is being a pain and wanting 24/7 attention that's the problem! Have been looking at a few raw veg recipes and salads etc. that I can prepare the night before when he's in bed...fancy trying raw broccoli salad and I love Waldorf salad then thought I'd just do a bit of meat with it like chicken legs etc. Although tonight was a bit naughty and had philadelphia and bacon on a bagel! Embarassed

As for telling people, we decided we wouldn't tell too many people this time due to the miscarriage last time although so far I've told 3 of my friends and DH has told 1 of his lol, my mum and sisters know and we'll prob tell DH's mum too. I'm not particularly superstitious so not worried on that front and people say you shouldn't tell people til the 'safe' point at 12 weeks in case you miscarry then you have to tell everyone again but I actually found it useful people knowing I'd MCd coz it turned out there were a few of my friends that came and told me they'd MCd in the past as well and it was nice to talk to people who'd gone through the same thing. I'll play it by ear I think, everyone who knew last time also knew we were trying again so if anyone asks me outright I'll probably tell them and if not then I'll wait til scan Smile

waiting4autumn
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 am 
Post subject:
Hiya k8
You sound Just like me,
My little boy was falling sleep in the car on Sunday and I was like a mad woman trying to keep him wake or I knew he wood not go to sleep straightaway at bed time,
I'm rather jel that your little jj still has a daytime nap sob seb gave up his naps jus b4 Christmas so I gotta be a 6.30am till 7pm clown act lol that wat it feels like at the mo, every time I sit down I get come on mummy play with me lol
Yday we didn't go out anywhere as I felt so faint and I think that tired me out more than wen I take him out lol.

And then last night seb decided he wood wake up at 5 am
Shocked So I'm gonna be super tired today and gotta go blo0dy work tonight sob, till 10.30 so I dunno how I gonna be feeling later. Been on holiday for the last 2 weeks so not ad to go whole feeling so tired.

Well the sun is shining so we going out in bit if I can drag myself to get get ready lol.

As any of you booked a dr app yet?

autumn xx

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Can you send some of that sun over to us in West Wales please??? It's miserable here Sad

I'm going docs tomorrow morning, can't book appts at my docs, just have to turn up to open surgery which is every morning til 10.30am. Hoping I get a sympathetic one that might get me an early scan! Smile

Enjoy the sun Smile

NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Morning Girls,

We haven't told anyone yet, not even our parents and have both agreed to wait until after the 1st scan, only cause we like to keep people guessing! I think my BFF will guess soon though as I'm starting to go off tea again like I did with the last 2. I have also got 2 hen do's in March where I won't be drinking. Speaking of which i'm a bridesmaid in April, so hoping the bumpage doesn't pop too soon either!!!

I haven't called Dr as I have an appointment booked for something else on 9th march so will bring it up then. I think I had booking apts at like 8 & 10 weeks.

Both my last pregs were so similar and 2 girls so FX it's an easy preg & boy this time....lol but saying that I'd rather bad preg and easy labour I think.

x x x
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 am 
Post subject:
Morning girls,
I have got the worst cold ever sob I can't breath and feel like poo. Wat can I take?.
I bought some lockets and throat sweets r they ok to take?
K8 hope it went ok at dr for you. Did you get them to let you have an early scan?
I'm hoping for the same wen I go, I have endometriosis so in my last pg at 6 weeks they sent me for a scan to check all was ok, so I'm really hoping I get the same this time.

Nic ru hoping for a little boy? And good luck with dr on 9th
I think I ad a midwife app at 8 weeks last time
It feels like I been 4 weeks pg for ages lol prob as I tested so early but all the week by week things that I been reading aren't changing lol

Anyone else feeling anything yet xxx

Ps k8 hope you got the sun shine I sent you lol Laughing
Xxx
Autumn

NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:43 am 
Post subject:
I don't think you can have anything for a cold Sad except paracetamol. Menthol is a big no no. I know that some strepsils you can have but just read the packets. Steamy bath and hot honey and lemon I guess.
I hope you both manage to get an early scan (jealous) but would be good to put both your minds at rest.

I'm not really worried either way, pink or blue. I think a boy would be nice for DH so he's not outnumbered by us girls...lol

I'm not really sure about symptoms but at 2.45pm for the last 4 days I've felt really sick, very precise timing but it lasts a few minutes with mouth watering and everything then just goes. I'm starting to find that tea tastes a little different too which isn't a good thing! I love my cups of tea but went off it completely with both my girls when the MS kicked in.

Feels like it's going to be a long 9 months already Wink
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
O not been sucking on halls all yday and this morn
Is it really bad Shocked
I never herd of that b4 xxx

NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
I have started feeling really queasy today and had to run to the loo at my daughter's school. Didn't think it would start so soon.

xx
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hey nic
Poor you !!
Hope it wasn't to bad.
Is it like a wave of sickness that jus washes over you and you think,,,, I feel sick and then for you it gets worse so you gotta run to a sink or something.
I ad waves of the sick feeling lots 2day
But am so tired as worked late I only jus got in booooo!!! Don't no if tired can cause it?
Plus I hate hate hate my job
My cold bit beta jus sooo tired and my little boy keeps waking up at 6am noooo lol.
Praying I get a lie in 2m but no I won't get any joy out of hubby boo lol
only other thing I got is such tender bbs
Hope your feeling ok now xxx

LittleMissHopeful
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi! I found out yesterday that I am pregnant Very Happy I'm not entirely sure when I'm due, due to irregular cycles Question but think I'm due November as well Smile
Congratulations to you xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to:  

Community

Popular