November Mummies 2012

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats to everyone who've had their scans...and to those who've found out what colour you're having! Can't wait til 25th July to have my 3D scan, just hope they agree with the NHS one that it's a girl coz I've gone a bit mad buying pink/purple! Very Happy

Is there anyone left to have a scan or is that all of us now? So glad I have another one, 20 weeks is ages to go between your last scan and meeting your baby! And then 6 weeks after that one I have the growth scan at hospital to check the placenta so it's nicely broken up Smile

Lemonrose, which way round is tranverse? Is that lying side to side? Pea was lying on her side with legs to my right and head to my left facing forward so we didn't bother with a 20 week scan pic coz they could only get one of her looking like an alien, kinda like the scream mask lol. Same with JJ at 20 weeks but we got a pic anyway as we didn't have a private scan with him.

Calliemum, so pleased for you about childminder, must be a big weight off your mind! Must be hard having to sort through your mum's stuff Sad
I don't work coz by the time we'd paid for childminder/nursery plus the fuel to get there and back and the time etc (we live in the sticks) it wasn't really worth going back for the minimum wage I'd be on...and Joff earns too much to get any sort of childcare help so I'm a SAHM for now. I've stayed self employed as a photographer but only do the odd wedding and a few family photoshoots at the weekends when Joff can look after JJ so all I've done is clear my diary from about 32 weeks for 9 months (I can claim maternity allowance from 29 weeks coz paying the full rate of NI). With JJ I planned to work til 40 weeks coz I'd managed to get a temp contract where I used to work for 3 months which finished on 31st March and I was due 29th, but then he came 3 weeks early so that went out the window! So I worked right up til he arrived Smile

I am getting really stressed at the moment, JJ is being a little sh*t and I seem to be constantly shouting at him!

I'm really worried it'll affect the baby as they can hear now and I don't want her coming out only knowing what I sound like when I'm shouting! He's really testing his boundaries, e.g. if you ask him not to touch something he goes round touching other things saying 'this mummy?' so you answer 'no not that either!' and he goes to another thing and touches it 'this mummy?', til in the end I just end up yelling, 'no, don't touch ANYTHING!'. Then he's got this thing about refusing to say sorry if he is naughty or hurts another child (he likes to grab people round the neck from behind which has had a few kids in tears as you can imagine!) Oooh, I need to stop letting him annoy me so much. Don't get me wrong, he is also very well behaved and helpful some of the time, like he'll always put rubbish/recycling in the bin even mine which helps, he has started emptying his own potty into the toilet so I don't have to all the time (even though at first it was mostly ending up on the floor! He's perfected it now), he gives me loads of hugs and kisses at the moment too but when he's in one of his testing moods he is horrible! I think it gets to me more coz of hormones etc. Sad

Anyway, enough moaning! I've once again managed an essay lol Smile

lemonrose
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi kate,
Yes, you are right. The scan pics look really scary and I have to warn people before I show them off lol. Just looks like a skeleton face! My other two I got proper profile shots so this is new. It is so curled up, I also got shots of bundles of crossed legs and arms in same shot. Sonographer was snap happy Very Happy
I am going to book a 3d scan as my father in law is sponsoring it and I hope the baby behaves as I would love to know which team we are on!
Don't worry about JJ! This is just a phase where he is testing boundaries. He sounds like my little boy a few months back essentially very good but loving to test his mum!!! He is still a monkey sometimes and drives me to distraction but,much better.
Good luck xp
NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 am 
Post subject:
Hey Ladies,

What has everyone been up to, it's been really quiet in here?
I am staring to feel massive now but it's very tight so god knows what it's going to be like 30+ weeks.

Starting to feel limbs of some sort poking me now too but got no idea which way round bubs is. Feels like placenta has moved now tho as my tummy doesn't feel so hard and tender anymore.

I saw my MW last week and she's booking me in with the consultant at 36 weeks with a view to going early as the SPD is getting worse by the day. Got physio again next week but they don't really seem to do much anyway.

Have managed to blag the decorators on site to come round to mine and wall paper my lounge next week and I can't wait. We said we wanted it done before baby and with DH being the way he is he would've just kept putting it off, so bonus that they are doing it. All for a beer and curry!!!! Shimples......

xxxx
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,
I posted on the 12th but then my internet crashed and obviously the post didn't appear online Confused
Anyway, How are you all?
Nic- am sure you are in the middle of being decorated and all for beer and curry sounds brill! Sorry to hear about your SPD still being bad. I have a really sore tailbone which is bad enough (only very sore when I get up from sitting).
Feeling quite big now too and getting a bit more tired. But my two have been nightmares recently with teething and various colds - if I could sleep all night without interruption, I reckon I would be ok Laughing
I have my 4D scan on the 25th (same as you k8andjj!). My father-in-law is sponsoring it like he did with the others which is great as I don't think I could justify the cost just now! Very excited to see baby again - I feel that I don't get a chance to think about the new arrival much as I am so busy with the other two. It's nice to be able to daydream a bit and have some headspace!
Will let you know how it goes, finding out if there's a twinkle or tinkle Very Happy
x
calliemum
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:33 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,
How is everyone doing its been very quiet on here! Well I've booked my 3d scan for 25th aug at 2:00 we then have Ethan's 3rd birthday party at 4:00 luckily I'm not having it at home, so no mess to clear up! My bump seems to have got huge all of a sudden, and I'm struggling to find clothes to fit, as my old maternity clothes are too big ( I was a lot bigger the first time round) and I don't really want to buy any more as this will be my last baby. Apart from that I'm feeling great and little zach Louis as that's what we are calling him is a little wriggle bum, he goes mental if he hears Ethan cry its so sweet.
How are you all doing would be great if everyone posted how they are getting on.

Take care
Callie x
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone!
I've had major issues getting on here! Sometimes I can't even browse and then other times I read things but it hasn't let me log on. That and end of term stuff has menat that I had done a lot of reading and running. Really sorry!

Calliemum/ Lemonrose: really exciting about your scans. I need to book mine for when I come back from hols.

I can't wait to go on hols now, 2 days, woohoo! Though I arent looking forward to sitting on my sunlounger looking like a beached whale. Sad Is anyone else constantly being told they are huge? I was ok with it at first but im pretty fed up of it now to be honest, would they walk up to a fat person and say that?!

I'm feeling loads better now apart fromn the usual pregnancy stuff e.g. indigestion/ heartburn, not being able to get comfy and crying at everything Laughing

Its lovely to feel the baby wriggling and not feel so worried about him anymore.

I hope everyone else is feeling well xx
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
Yay! Glad we are all posting again Very Happy
Have been thinking of you all. My 3d scan was wonderful and am ecstatic to announce a healthy little baby.
A gorgeous baby BOY Very Happy
Nice to get the baby boy things out again after a girl last time
He has also gone head down and is a little wriggler.
Past few days tho just been mega tired like much more than normal so maybe its a growth spurt...
Starting to tthink of names but oh is maddening, just says he hates every name! Either he doesn't want to think of it yet or this child will be nameless. I reckon I will have to come up with a name and then work on it so he likes it by the arrival!!!
Hope you are all ddoing well. Wish I had a holiday planned Crying or Very sad
Xx
NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 am 
Post subject:
Lemonrose......Congrats on the blue bundle, bet it's nice to know and you can get organised. I'm still trying to guess but am almost positive it's another girl!!

We've not got a holiday planned either Sad Sad
We were going to have a week in Devon/Cornwall but with my SPD the way it is we saw little point as getting around for me is a nightmare. We're going to take the girls on a few days out but closer to home.

Like you LittleMiss, I really have had enough of the comments! When people ask when I'm due and I say November 5th they're like 'Oh my god, you're huge already'......do they not think I don't realise that? Sad Sad I feel the size of a house and am in constant pain so their remarks really are starting to get me down.
Still got the nausea but together now with heartburn...isn't pregnancy wonderful?

Saw the MW on friday and my uterus is up to the top already......I'm hoping for another scan to check size but will have to wait until 28 weeks for MW to decide!!! Wink

I love feeling bubs moving around, but I have either a head or bum wedged right up under my rib cage which is quite uncomfortable (MW couldn't tell which way round bubs was and nor can I)......
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
Nic, I know how you feel Zach keeps getting his head or bum stuck under my rib cage it's agony last two days have been so painful, little bugger he's going to be a pain I think!
We don't go on holiday till Sept but can't wait to have some time off work. We have an audit in two weeks and it's hectic at the min.

How's everyone else doing?

Callie x
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies, it's been ages since I've been on here and nice to see a few more posts since I last came on. I'm officially in my 3rd trimester now, yey!

Congrats on team blue Lemonrose, so did you keep all your boys clothes from your 1st??? I kept all of JJ's clothes but am selling them now we're having a girl...we plan to have another after this one but just don't have the space to keep all of his clothes plus all the girls clothes as well so I'm afraid they have to go and hope the next one is a girl as well although sods law it'll be a boy! Smile

I had my 4D scan on 25th July, it was great and the sonographer said she had no doubt at all that it's a girl Smile The pics were great and we got a DVD of the whole scan as well (about 18 mins) and also she said that the placenta was high now so hopefully if we have no other problems I'll get my homebirth Smile Still got 32 week scan at hospital to check position of placenta which is good coz I get to see baby again Smile

I'm a bit worried atm, went in MILs hot tub earlier with MIL, DH and JJ but when I got out I slipped on a mat she has leading indoors and fell flat on my back! Unfortunately instinct kicked in to save myself so I strained my stomach muscles trying to correct my balance (which obviously didn't work) and now have a painful belly at the top and a bruised back and started getting tight sharp pains on one side of belly. They've gone now and I have felt Pea move since then but still a bit worried I may have done some damage. Gonna see how I feel tomorrow and if I get any more shooting pains gonna go hospital to get checked out.

Also (possibly TMI but who cares lol) I had a big blob of thick mucus type stuff in pants today (after I fell actually), no blood staining or anything but I've only had thin milky discharge for ages then this stuff....could it be a bit of my plug do you think?

I too am getting annoyed with comments about how big I am! Although I'm glad it's not just me who is getting the comments from people, started to think I was abnormally huge! Most people who don't know me too well or haven't seen me in a while usually say "oh, not long now, just a few weeks is it?" And I have to reply that it's actually nearly 3 months! And then see their look of horror and their comment of, "Wow, you're massive!" I've just started answering, "still 3 months, I know I'm massive" now when people ask how long to go to get in there 1st b4 they tell me what I already know!

I also feel like I'm literally gonna pop sometime soon! I can't see my lady bits anymore, find it incredibly hard to put socks on and bending down to pick anything up off the floor is starting to get extremely awkward and painful! I still have ridiculous acid reflux, and can only eat tiny meals before feeling ill coz I'm sure my stomach has been squashed beyond recognition by my uterus and baby. My back is constantly aching, I'm starting to feel like my pelvis is now only being held together by silk and not muscle and is about to split in 2 any minute it aches so bad and I have an acrobat of a baby inside me! But other than that, I feel great lol Smile (sorry for the moaning but I know u ladies must know how I feel, moaning to DH doesn't get much sympathy lol) Roll on October/November I say!

Hope everyone else is just about coping, I really feel for you Nic with your SPD. And those of you with more than 1 other child to contend with, I feel like killing JJ some days and had a major meltdown this afternoon after it all just got too much, so don't envy you ladies looking after 2 or 3 other kids as well as being pregnant!

Oh, and here's a pic of bump at 27 weeks (last Saturday) excuse the little naked baby in the background lol

lemonrose
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,
Thought I'd say hello and catch up with you all Smile
Nic, How are you coping with the SPD? Did your midwife organise another scan when you hit 28wks? Hope everything is going ok. Where did you go on your days out? We have only managed to take the kids for a day at the beach and my 3 year old hated the water AND the sand on his feet Laughing can't win!
Callie, when are you off on hols? Can't be long now!
K8 - that's a lovely bump - mine is exactly the same size so never worry Very Happy I only kept all the baby boys clothes from my first as we moved back from England to NI when my first was 12 months old and just brought everything back with us and stored them at mums! Bit cheeky but we have our own place now so I can root around her roofspace and get them all out again. How are you after your fall???
I am feeling huge too and the last few days have been shattered and feel very pregnant for the first time (sounds a bit weird but had been so busy and not bothered by too many symptoms up to that point). My 3yo and 1yo are so clingy on me. Just so busy with them and now that bending over and carrying them is making me grunt Laughing I feel pregnant! Can't believe I have til at least 11th November to go!!!!!
I am starting to feel the baby kick high up in my ribs and getting some backache and some heartburn now. The joys. Oh and we simply cannot decide on any names we both like and I really want a shortlist. Back to the drawing board! How are you all doing on names?
Hope everyone coping in the heat Smile
NicMumOfTwo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Hi all,

I've had a really cra**y couple of weeks to be honest.
A week ago sunday I went into hospital with suspected pre-eclampsia and ended up being kept in for 3 days and had to have a brain scan!!! My blood pressure was all over the place going from very high to very low and there was concern that blood wasn't getting through veins in my head properly. Turns out it was a combination of being anaemic, side effect of my tablets and not being able to regulate my BP. Scared the poop out of me though and I never want to have an MRI scan again - I completely freaked out with it.

Was hubby's 40th birthday last weds but didn't do anything as I wasn't feeling great then on Thursday I was adament we were going to Cadbury world as the tickets were booked and we'd promised the girls. In all honesty I shouldn't of done it, or at least gone in a wheelchair!!! BUT the girls enjoyed it and that's all that matters Very Happy Very Happy
Went to a friends wedding on Saturday which was lovely, gorgeous weather too and I'd made their 150 cupcakes for it (which I was really pleased with). Then sunday I spent the day with horrid sickness and diarrhea (sp). Don't know if it was something I'd eaten or just too much heat but I felt awful. Spent all day sunday and monday in bed and only really feel like eating again today.

Lemonrose - I am due to see the MW next Tuesday and she is booking my consultant/growth scan apt then. The SPD is only seemingly getting worse and just making me more miserable because I can do less and less, which seems to be taking it's toll (hubby is just so lazy). I see the physio every 2 weeks but she said last time there is nothing more she can really do until after birth now, I've just got to let it take it's course and try and not do too much.
With you with the heartburn too....It's bl**dy horrid. I'm so grateful to my big v pillow that I sleep with at night so I can sleep sitting up.
My bump seems to be massive and every Tom, [*CENSORED*] and Harry still likes to tell me so too. I was in Asda with my Mum last saturday morning and the cashier didn't say anything to me but turned to my Mum and said 'Oh my she is huge isn't she, that can't be much fun' after mum said I'm due november. It really annoys me, do people not think I realise I'm fricking huge, uncomfortable and can't walk???????.
I have to say I really have nothing positive to say about this pregnancy which makes me feel sad. I was hoping that as it's planned to be our last I would have had a nice, easy pregnancy and enjoyed it all the way......but just as the last 2 I have hated every minute of it and just can't seem to cope. When people ask me how I am I just reply 'on top of the world' because I feel so guilty. The only thing keeping me going is that I see the Consultant at 36 weeks (7 weeks time) and will hopefully be induced at 38 weeks......so possibly only 9 weeks left!!!!! I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope you're all feeling somewhat better than moaning me

xxxxx
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
Lemonrose, we had major problems thinking of boys names (before we knew we were having a girl) We'd already used all the family names up with JJ (Jonathan, Arthur and William) so had nothing left and ones I liked didn't go down well with DH and vice versa! Luckily we have a few names for girl we like, Thea being the main one followed by Alice and Evelyn...we've both always loved the name Thea and I don't know of any others so it seems like unless she definitely doesn't look like a Thea then that's what she'll be Smile I also would love to use the name Annie (my late nan's name) as a middle name either on it's own or with another middle name (as JJ has 2 so not sure whether to use 1 or 2 for this one).

The little monkey started kicking the sh*t out of me about an hour or so after I fell so despite me being battered and bruised it appeared she was fine! No more pains or anything so didn't bother to contact MW. Saw MW on 8th August though and good news is I had no blood in urine this time which is great although they still want me to give regular samples just in case. Got told much to my dismay that they can only be on call for a homebirth from 38 weeks now! It changed sometime last year apparently Sad I've spoken to a friend who used to be a community MW but now works on the ward and has also had a homebirth herself and she has said that unless there are physically no MWs available then if I ring up between 37-38 weeks to say I'm in labour and I'm staying at home and stick to my guns they will send one out to me. She is due to come round to the house when I am 36+4 to do a home risk assessment and go through my birth plan so I shall make her aware at that point that if I do go into labour after 37 weeks then I shall be staying at home so they have prior warning of my intentions. I just hope Pea stays put til 38 weeks as the last thing I need is the stress of arguing with the mat ward while i'm in labour! Another friend who lives just down the road has said she'lll be an advocate for me and just repeat over and over on the phone "Kate is in labour, she is staying at home, we expect to see a MW soon" (as advised on the homebirth.org.uk site) and to also inform them that I will not accept paramedics into the house or be transferred to hospital by ambulance if one is sent. I feel like a flippin idiot having to do all this but I will be full term at 37 weeks and the WHO guidelines say that term is from 37 weeks so I have a right to give birth where I feel most comfortable and I was so stressed out in hospital last time I am worrying myself sick about having to do it there again! Obviously, if I go into labour at 36+6 then I shall go in, that's my personal cut off I've set myself so I don't have to make the decision whilst in labour.

The equestrian centre that MIL owns (and where we live) had a summer show on today so I was photographing the horses etc all day, I'm bloody knackered! Especially trying to wade through the mud, kept feeling like I was gonna leave one of my legs behind lol. Had the usual "how much longer to go then?" and the "god you're huge, are you sure there's only one in there?!" comments...then the silly cow turned to her friend when I'd walked off and without trying to be discreet at all started saying "have you seen her, how big she is? She's still got 9 weeks to go, isn't she huge!" I just walked away coz I thought I was gonna say something I'd regret otherwise! I AM mahoosive, but I know it, and my poor legs, pelvis and back know it as well so I really don't need people telling me!

I just can't wait for this baby to arrive, I just keep hoping that she makes an early appearance like her brother did. I love feeling her move etc, but that's the only plus side to it, and the sooner I'm carrying her in my arms instead of in my womb the better!

(sorry for the moan again! It seems that's all I do atm)

Nic, really sorry to hear you ended up in hospital, I saw on fb you'd had an MRI which doesn't sound like fun, but didn't realise you'd spent 3 nights in hospital as well Sad BP is a pain, mine got high with last pregnancy and had to keep going in for them to put trace on baby etc. and spent 1 night in a hospital 60 miles away coz all the closer ones had closed their units due to being full and the only way this one would accept me was if I was transferred by ambulance so that was loadsa fun! Trying to keep calm and breath nice and slowly before every bp test now to keep it down lol.

lemonrose
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls,
How are you all?
Been dipping in and out of general preg so kind of in touch.
Good luck at your consultant appt Nic- think its tomorrow.
I have an appt on wed 12th for anti.D injection and a check-up so i am looking forward to that.
Kate- your birth plan looks good. I am SO not organizd yet but definitely nesting. Going mad on house improvements and baked 2 cakes today!!!
Still can't come up with a name but still have time.
Totally wrecked from all the nesting plus chasing my two little ones. Getting stiff and walking like an old woman but just cannot sit down and stop- or else I wouldn't get up again hah!
Still have to get a lots of space cleared and get out the baby stuff but I have so much to do before then.
You see, we moved house just as I got morning sickness so i am doing things I should have done months ago!
Not much news coming to mind at moment - just usual pregnancy ailments lol
Talk soon,
X
LittleMissHopeful
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone! It seems as though its been ages!
I've been popping in and reading posts but not had time to reply (the laptop I was using seemed to have a problem with askbaby and would crash at stupid times Confused )
Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time Nic, I've seen things you've put on FB and its really a shame that you can't enjoy your pregnancy.

I've been up and down really. Its driving me mad that I can't breathe properly for a large proportion of the time, especially when I'm hoping to go up to October Half term for my maternity leave (I think it may be wishful thinking!).

I was measured on wednesday- was 31+5 weeks and measured 33 weeks so a nice healthy baby. Thats probably why I can't breathe Laughing

The last couple of weeks have been extremely hectic and the house looks like a bomb has hit it! we have had to move the kids bedrooms round as my daughter had the bigger bedroom and the baby will share with my little boy. Her bedroom is finally finished and his is painted. We are just waiting for the carpet and then we can put in the furniture and put things away. I can't believe how much the whole house has been in upheaval to do two rooms. Its all worth it though, I know both rooms are going to look fab when they are done Very Happy

Just out of interest- how have your previous births faired in terms of due dates and do you think that people can be similar for subsequent births?

Finally, I became an Auntie on Friday. I have been so looking forward to it but I've spent the weekend worrying about the little fella. He was taken into neonatal during the early hours of Saturday morning as he was strugling to breathe Sad He has had a small pocket of air outside of his lung which meant that one of his lungs basically couldn't work. He's on the mend now but I won't be completely happy until I've seen him and had a little cuddle. My sister in law is doing really well and being so brave. She has been put on a ward with 3 other people and they all have their babies with them Sad it must be so hard!
Page 24 of 26

Jump to:  

Community

Popular