benefits n work

michelled87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm 
Post subject: benefits n work
hi everyone

sorry this is a bit of a essay but i dont no what to do.

im currently on ssp thats due to run out 2nd march i was recieving this before i found out i was pregnant for a ongoing condition. im now 15 weeks and ive been suffering with really severe morning sickness to the point i cant keep any food down had to have treatment for it and im constantly tired.

before i went off sick i was working in call centre on various shifts from 8am-10pm and ive told them im ready to go back but following doctors advice i would need fixed early shifts to help with sickness and tiredness.

anyway they said they would look into it for me(im agency but have been there 4 years)then they asked when my due date is and since i told them its the 9th august there is no job for me as they would need to retrain me and there is no one to retrain me at present.

they have now said i can apply for a different job in the same call centre but it would be for less money and they couldnt tell me if i would be allowed the set early shifts. i dont know what to do for the best as i no i wouldnt be able to cope doing late shifts.

when my ssp stops i dont no what i would be able to claim if anything.

does anyone have any advice on what i should do Smile
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:02 pm 
Post subject:
sorry cant offer much advise as its tricky with agency work, i do know that a new regulation came into place recently that gave agency workers pretty much the same rights as permanent workers.

i would suggest giving ACAS or CAB a ring as they will know more

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
There are rights to protect pregnant workers too. I'd speak to citizens advice and see what they have to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular