PCOS?

saffy1984
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:06 pm 
Post subject: PCOS?
Hi ladies,

I already have one child but have been trying for my second since July 2011. Ever since I came off the pill my cycles have been varying in length - used to be 35 days but now anything up to 42 days. I tried using the cheap opks but never seemed to get a clear positive and so bought a cbfm - which I have just used for the last two cycles and have never had a 'peak' reading.

I had a miscarriage before i had my first baby and suffered with pre eclampsia during the pregnancy.
Due to continuing high blood pressure after I gave birth, I had a scan on my kidneys which showed that they were okay, however they must have looked at my ovaries aswell because they said that they were covered in cysts.

So now im really thinking that I have PCOS. Can anyone give advice to me on this?

Many Thanks
X
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
I would say go to your Dr if you have concerns. If it is pcos there maybe medicines that can be prescribed to help you concieve.
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
You'll need to see your GP and they will refer you to the OBYG. They'll go through your history, your medical records and make you do several blood tests. I also had a scan to check my ovaries which showed the extra follicles on my right ovary. The blood tests did confirm, with the scan, that I do I have PCOS. I was then started on Metformin but that didn't work so I was put on Xenical to help with my weight in order for me to ovulate.

Good luck to you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular