7 month old, has never and will not sleep at night!

fifitrixibelle
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:25 am 
Post subject: 7 month old, has never and will not sleep at night!
Well as the title says, Maria is an absolute nightmare at night. shes relatively settled and content during the day has two 2 hour naps, feeds well etc. come midnight she will not sleep im up and down endless times trying dummy, bottle, anything to get her to sleep. I would try CC but as shes in our room still, i find it impossible to ignore her and tend to try anything just to get her back to sleep at all. Last night she woke at 12:30 , took a 7 oz bottle fell asleep again. woke at 2, couldnt settle her, my oh ended up taking her for a bit and going to the living room, still wouldnt settle, i took her back at 4, tried her with another bottle, she wasnt having any of it, so i tried my best to ignore her, she kept going til about 6 am when she finally dropped off for another hour. shes been awake since and its now almost 10:30. This happens every single night for the last 7 months, and im at my wits end what to do. In one night i counted i got up to her over 20 times in the night so needless to say im getting no quality of sleep. I dont know what to do or what im doing wrong, cant move her into another room just now as we dont have a spare room just yet and im quickly going insane!!!!!! please please please, if anyone has any tips or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Question Sad

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
No advice really but sympathy. Jamie used to wake up every two hours and only really started to get better around the 10 month mark. We just persisted in routine and eventually it seemed to work. I wouldn't do controlled crying as I don't really agree with it but I did refuse to pick him up once he got older and tried to comfort him in his cot by rubbing his back, etc.

Other things we tried - seahorse that plays music and lights up - started sleeping better once he had this
- more/less blankets. We discovered Jamie gets really cold at night and it was only when we gave him a duvet at 10 months that he seemed better
- sleeping bag v blanket. We had to start with blankets, then move to sleeping bags and then around this age we moved back to blankets as he is a restless sleeper and was feeling too restricted
-playing around with naps - we kept experimenting with what Jamie had

I can understand the room thing. We are in a flat and it was set up as a one bed. We didn't change it round as we were trying to sell it. We eventually bit the bullet just before Christmas as we knew between that and his birthday he'd have loads of toys. He has slept much better since. Its tough when you have to have them in your room because you just end of disturbing each other

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
Only 7 months, lucky you! My baby is now almost a year and still wakes in the night. She was up last night 3 times between 2 and half four. I can't really do CC as she shares with her big brother. And my other 2 are in the room next door. Our bedroom is 2 flights down so its a massive trek. I've never had this with the others, all slept through by 3 months. And they wonder why my health is so bad!
fifitrixibelle
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
thanks girls, feel like a monster for complaining as generally she is a pleasant little girl but with being pregnant im finding the tiredness unbearable. Am definitely changing the nap thing as she tends to sleep late in the afternoon if i let her. When i say she doesnt sleep , im not exaggerating! she will have an hr on and off all late night/early hours, anywhere from about midnight/1 am until i get up in the morning. I feel for you ggmarch, in hindsight my son was an excellent sleeper and i guess i thought it 'should' be even easier this time lol! Laughing

Brinn11
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:19 pm 
Post subject: Getting Her To Sleep
We were in the same boat and it is a killer. A few books that helped were Finally Asleep by Amy Hauge and Baby Whispers by Aimee Boxx

However at the end of the day a schedule and routine worked for Ella. In fact if we vary from her routine we end up paying for it all night long.[/url]
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
I would say giving her milk in the night is only making it worse as she will wake for that and will also drink less milk in the day and eat less food as she is ecpecting that milk in the night. As you are already going thru it I would stop the milk in the night and see if she has more in the day. Also load her up with food and milk before bed. Tea at 4 then a supper and milk - all in a few hours. x
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
I don't have much advice but I have to agree with the previous poster, stop the milk on a night as its almost certain she will get used to that and wake up for it, I know as I made this mistake with my little boy. Sorry I have no other advice but I completely know how you feel as my boy didn't sleep through until he was 2 and a half! I'm not saying this will happen with yours as my circumstances were different, I was a single parent and when the ex had him he would let him sleep in his bed with him therefore he wanted the same at home with me! Grrrr!! I really hope she starts sleeping better for you soon so you can get some sleep too xxx

bull4
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:22 pm 
Post subject: Getting your Baby to sleep through the night
Hi, i have tried just about everything but music seeemed to work for my little one. Here is a link to what I bought. Its not to expensive for the sleep I have gained.

http://13015x37xzctbs6imdkb4pkxf8.hop.clickbank.net/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular