measuring small for my dates.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:30 pm 
Post subject: measuring small for my dates.
I saw the midwife on Thursday when i was 34+5 and when she measured me she said i was only 29cm, meaning ive only grown 1 cm in 6 weeks.

Im really scared by this. Ive got a growth scan on Friday to see whats going on but in the mean time im so worried.
Ive been monitoring his heartbeat and moments. These have both been good. My midwife said his heart beat was fine as well.

Has anyone else had any experience like this?

I cant help but worry, i know i should try and be positive but i just cant stop worrying.

Last edited by emmie02 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I wouldn't worry too much. I measured small throughout both of my pregnancies and had growth scans every 4 weeks and both my babies were reasonable in size at 6lb 10oz and 7lb 1oz. In fact in my first pregnancy I got to about 30cm and never got any bigger, but baby was growing fine inside! It could just be that you're having a smallish baby or that the position it is lying in is making you measure small. I'm also quite small myself so just never got massive baby bumps!

Hope your scan goes ok and let us know how you get on.
xx

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:37 pm 
Post subject:
I was 4/5cm below what I should've been from about 32 weeks onwards and had a growth scan. When she was born she was 7lb 15oz so not small at all! Must've just been position she was in.

I'm sure all will be fine, good luchk and try not to worry xx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
thanks ladys.

I got a bit worried today as hadn't felt baby move all night. Hes normally most active at night.
I phoned the midwife and eventually got seen at hospital (thats another LONG story for me to post/ moan about later). I was put on a monitor for half an hour and his heart beat was fine, he also started moving LOADS while i was there.
Midwife was very happy with it. She didn't remeasure me, just put me down as 29cm. She did have another feel of him and said hes gone from being "free" to being 2/5 engaged in only 5 days!

Hes actually feeling bigger now as hes right up the middle instead of on my right hand side (where he was thursday )or transverse (where he has been for weeks)

Im feeling much more positive about the size of him now.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all.

Had my scan today and all is well Very Happy
Baby is measuring average and is about 5lbs 10 at the moment.

nds
Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:15 am 
Post subject:
fab to hear emmie. not long now! Very Happy
Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
That's fab news Smile

To be honest I hold very little stock in the whole measuring your bump thing, it doesnt seem to be very accurate (though obviously its an indication) I measured average the whole way through my pregnancy and ended up with a tiny 6lb 4oz girl (she was 6 days early but that wouldnt have made a huge difference I dont think!)
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
I was sent for a growth scan as my bump was measuring small - growth scan suggested big baby! She was 10lbs - smaller than my first! I don't hold much sway in bump measurements, all depends which way baby is lying at the time! Glad all is ok xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular