DD drinking only 500ml per day

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:56 am 
Post subject: DD drinking only 500ml per day
Hi. Since last Thursday DS and DD have had a bad stomach virus. DS with vomiting & diarrohea & DD with only diarrohea.

She started drinking about 60-100ml of her 7am morning bottle about 3 weeks ago (I posted about it and another member replied that her daughter was the same and she had dropped the 10pm feed - I haven't done this yet).

But what with the virus, she now drinks in total about 500ml a day. Sometimes she manages 600ml.
We took DS twice to the ER on the weekend to check for dehydration as he was pretty bad, but thank goodness he was okay.

They said for both of them they should drink at least 500ml a day. So DD has been doing that, but for how long can she continue like this? And when is she going to get over the virus (its a bad one, lasts 3-5 days. Today is day 6)? This morning before she had her bottle she threw up - first time she has ever (in her life) done that. I'm hoping it was just a once off and that she isn't starting the vomiting part of the virus now, not on day 6 please. About 30min later she drank 60ml.

How long does it take babies her age to get over a virus and drink normal again? She still cries tears and has wet nappies (although not as wet as usual), so she hasn't dehydrated.

Thanks. xxx

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Hi

Just wanted to say I hope she gets better soon. As long as she having at least the recommended minimum I wouldn't worry too much. It might be worth offering her extra Bottles, and see if you can get her drinking some cooled boiled water during the day

Xx
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
When Alex was 5 months old he had a bout od diareah, I took him to the dr's twice, once after 4 days and once after 9 days as I was worried he'd had it so long they said he just had a virus and actually can last a few weeks Surprised without too much problem as long as they are drinking regular.

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 am 
Post subject:
Thanks. She is loads better and drinking normal again. Phew! Now that they are both drinking properly again I can really see the difference in their diapers. They are WET now, whereas when they were sick it was only a little bit of pee.
Is that okay (asking for when this happens again as I'm sure it will...)? As long as there is pee that is all that matters? Doesn't matter how much?
Thanks. xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular