Bleeding after sex

jacko37
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:57 am 
Post subject: Bleeding after sex
Hi hope someone can put mine and my hubbies minds at rest. Had a scan on friday I'm only 6 + 5 but have a history of ectopics, saw the sac and the heartbeat etc so know its ok in that sense. I havent let my husband anywhere near me since I found out I was pregnant but we had sex last night as we knew everything was ok. After sex when I went to the loo I had very light pink blood on the tissue, this only happened for about an hour while I was leaking (sorry maybe tmi). Its stopped this morning and I feel ok but my husband is in a state, this is his first baby and he's going to aberdeen with work tomorrow for a week and Im now more worried about him. Wouldnt a miscarriage have lots more blood and pain.
Thanks for listening

Mandy
x
alibongo78
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi mandy, bleeding after sex is fairly common. I had some early bleeding last week (due to a ruptured ovarian cyst) but I have avoided sex just to be on the safe side.. (just cos I don't wanna see any more blood for a while) but it is not uncommon to have a little blood after sex. I am certain all will be ok.

Hope this helps

Ali x
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Mandy,
I posted a similar topic a while ago as I was getting nasty cramps after the dirty deed!!! Light bleeding and period type cramps are common and normal but it is one of those things that freaks you out so I totally understand your panic! Smile My husband panicked more than I did as well and only tries it now if I suggest it! Laughing Men!!!

Claire xxx
jacko37
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi thanks for all the reassurance, just been to the loo and had some brown mucus stuff (sorry) now I am panicking, does anyone know if this is normal.

Mandy
Crying or Very sad
carey554
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
hi mandy im 8 weeks 3 days and me and my partner had sex last nite and the same happened wit me.i kept goin to the toliet even 10 mins to check and there was still a little blood.this mornin it has almost gone like what you said just alittle brown discharge.i have heard this happens to alot of people xxxx
jacko37
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
Feel better now after your reply, rang midwife who told me to ring doctor, receptionist wouldnt give me an appointment and told me to ring back tomorrow. So I've calmed down a lot now, dont know what I'd do without all you nice people on here

Mandy
x
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
Glad you're feeling calm, it's the best way to be. I had that minging brown stuff too and freaked out like a madwoman and it all turned out to be absolutely fine. Midwife said the was just old blood that had been shifted about a bit by the 'activity'!

My doc said that it's always best to check with these kind of things so you know in yourself that you can relax 100% so get your doc's receptionist sorted out if anything else is worrying you. Mines is the same and the minute I ask for the practice manager she gives me an emergency appt! 17 weeks down the line she's ready to harpoon me!!! Laughing

Keep smiling and keep chatting to us, I love this site too!
Claire xxx
morwen
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Mandy,

Exact same thing happened to me and my husband on Sunday evening. I'm only 8 weeks (to be confirmed) and this is my first pregnancy, but since it took me over 8 months to get to this point I'm still nervous about things. To add to my worries, I woke up this morning feeling 'fine', as though my symptoms had suddenly all gone. No urge to rush to the loo for a wee, didn't feel hungry or even slightly sick. Disconcerting, but then my symptoms have been mild and on and off since the beginning, so hopefully I've somehow just managed to worry them away temporarily...

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for this thread and the replies on here: it's put my mind at ease a little and will help make the time until my first scan tomorrow afternoon not seem like an eternity!

Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular