grrr potty training/washing whinge!

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:18 am 
Post subject: grrr potty training/washing whinge!
Kieran is doing really well with the toilet training, he is dry day and night....if he is naked!!
he hasnt had anappy on at night for just over a week and no accidents, but if i put bottoms on him he will go :/
same as during the day, if i put lil pants on him he will start to go,realise, tell me then go to the toilet, but if he is naked he will just go to the toilet! he has already gone thru 5 pairs of pants today n its only lunch time! lol
i know he will get it eventually, its just frustrating as he only starts to go a lil bit then realises but then i have to change him etc lol whereas if he is naked, no accidents at all!
obvioulsy i dont tell him off n just praise him for telling me and finishing on the toilet but grrrrr lol im running out of pants hahaha xXx
Mandbaby
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:09 am 
Post subject:
We're exactly the same! If Noah is naked all day, he will do every single wee on the potty. If I stick pants and jeans on him, he'll just assume he can do it in them. SO frustrating! Laughing I remind him that he doesn't have a nappy on, and he must go to the potty, but nope.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:48 am 
Post subject:
ive actually (today is day 3) just started putting trousers on him n no pants coz they arent as snug (i assume thats y he keeps wetting? feels like a nappy?) and he actually doing really well! he has had a couple of accidnets but has mainly told me he needs to go or i spot him trying to go himself! so when he has the hang of trousers n no pants ill try the pants again Smile
also 2nd night with no nappy for bed and 2nd dry night!! Very Happy MEGA proud of him!! xXx
Frival
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
I was just going to suggest that! We had that problem and found if we didn't put underpants on him he did better. It was kind of gradual. Now I can't believe that in 7 months we have gone from your situation to him going completely on his own to the bathroom, putting up toilet seat taking down his trews, flushing and washing his hands!!!! It will happen!

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
oh i know hun, he has done amazing!! since i posted this he has got used to the trousers n no pants and then got used to wearing pants too! rarely has an accident, actually cant remember the last time he did and has not wet in the night once! so so so proud of him!

the only thing we r having issues with now is him being able to reach lol, im waiting for a double step to be delivered so he can wee standing up, as at the moment we have to take pants, trousers everything iff to get him to sit on the toilet as he cant open his legs wide enough with them on and ends up mis-firing!! lol xXx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular