HSG!!

rainbow50
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:35 am 
Post subject: HSG!!
I just had my hsg on Tuesday and it was absolutely awful. So painful that it took my breath away and I was almost crying. Was anyone elses as sore as this? The good news is my remaining tube is open and I have to have a tras-vag tomorrow to check what side I am ovulating from. I don't think I'll ovulate until next Wednesday so isn't it too early to know?? Tell me your experiences.. Confused
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Poor you Sad
When i had mine they said that there may be some discomfort but if it got too painful they would give me an injection of buscopan,it's used for ibs cramps but also for menstrual cramps.I didnt need it and was lucky enough to have no pain at all,i had a tiny amount of spotting afterwards and for the next few days felt a bit crampy but paracetamol helped.

Sorry to read you had a horrible experience but great news about your tube Smile
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:58 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. And congratulations on your pregnancy!! Smile
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 am 
Post subject:
Mine wasn't really painful and I'd heard it's worse if your tubes blocked which mine is Question You do have an icresed chance of a pregnancy afterwards though for a few months, they should be able to see a developing follicle on your ovary even if you're not due to ov yet, and FX now your tubes had a flush out you might get lucky this month xx
rainbow50
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:41 am 
Post subject:
Thanks! I'm hoping the tube did have a good clean out. Had a trans-vag yesterday (last week's one and the right ovary in the lead) and the left one is slightly bigger. I thought I would have ovulated by now but was told at the earliest 24th (CD20)!! Wow!! I also pointed out that my luteal phase was only 10 days last month but dr said that's ok since my progesterone was 10.4 7dpo!! I don't understand all this!!! Sad
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:26 am 
Post subject:
I understood at 7DPO they like your progesterone to be around 30 to confirm ov Question although maybe yours was done with a different measuring system Question I know with the US ladies it's 10ng/ml they use to confirm ov which is a different measurement to the UK norm Smile At least you've got a good idea of when to expect ov now so you can be prepared for it Smile and it being a bit later doesn't affect your chances of conceiving, for some reason I ov'd on cd 22 the month I had my HSG Shocked (confirmed with opk's, a cbfm and temps Embarassed Laughing ) which was the latest ever for me Question
If you're not sure about anything I would ask your doc to explain it all again as there's nothing worse than coming away from an appointment more confused than when you went in , good luck xx
rainbow50
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:38 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Nat70!! The doc told me it needs to be over ten but if the luteal phase was only ten days then surely that is too short to sustain a pregnancy?? I will have to ask more questions but here in Japan it's like a conveyor belt with no real time for patients..GGod luck to you too!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular