maternity leave entitlement

mah
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:44 am 
Post subject: maternity leave entitlement
does anyone know if you can leave the country to have the baby, stay for a while and maybe come back, but maybe not- and still be entiltled to maternity leave?

I am unsure if I want to stay in England or come back to work. Although I do love my job.

thanks
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
ive had one child and pregnant woth my 2nd, i work full time. if i remember from my maternity leave i dont think you can leave the country unless its for a short holiday. you may be able to get some advice online about maternity rights.
mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
and also if you have maternity leave and then decide not to go back to work, you have to pay that money back that the government have given, i know that for a fact, you need to let your employer know for definate what you want to do
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not sure about the leaving the country bit. The direct.gov website is really good so you might get help with that there but I would think it might affect it somehow with returning to your job or maybe not getting a full allowance perhaps. I'd already checked for myself about the returning to work and paying back maternity pay which you do not have to do. The only time you would pay it back is if your employer gave you an extra form of wage with your government maternity pay and you had signed a contract to say you would pay that back in the event you didn't return. My friend changed her mind about going back recently and had nothing to pay back and the government websites confirm this. This might again be different if you want to leave the country.
Hope you are going somewhere nice and warm if you do move away! Very Happy
C xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular