December 2012 Mummies

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,

Yeah congrats hun on your little girl and to everyone else it that it now?, i think girls are ruling the December mummies at the mo lol. Glad you enjoyed your holiday, were going to OH parents caravan for a weekend in september looking forward to it.

Can you believe we are all on the count down now its flew around. We have decided on a name for our little man now its going to be Rory Daniel Hurd : ). So cant wait to meet him.
I also have an official finish date for work last day Monday 3rd December, its one of the best feeling in the world walking out the doors knowing your not going back for another 9 months Smile

Zee you do have a great bump.

I think I am going to do the ante natal again I did enjoy it and meet some great friends last time.

Are you getting baby a Christmas present we are just going to treat him to a Swing?

Heti have you had your scan how did it go?

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
toots99
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies , how are you all , I seem to be waiting in my head to get to 30wks don't have a clue why Laughing Laughing . There definitely seem to be more girls in December mums so am really looking forward to finding out what our little one will be. Me and dh can't agree on any names yet, but I suppose we have a good while.

As for the Christmas present char I'm really not sure , obviously they won't really be needing much but will it not seem odd if Santa doesn't come to the new baby I have two other children. My eldest has already asked will Santa come to the baby. And of course there is always the chance baby might have just arrived be arriving or not come yet.

I've been thinking and I really wish baby comes a couple of weeks before Christmas just so they will have a difference between there birthdays and Christmas, but there is nothing that can be done about that one. Shocked

Any way bye for now toots
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:21 am 
Post subject:
Hay ladies hope you are all well. Sorry I've not been on much this week been busy busy. Nat your bags coming along now. Got the worst bit done which is the cutting g out of everything...it nearly killed me lol Laughing . It's going to be lush when it's done Smile

Oliver's been keeping me busy too and Chris been on 12hrs nights all week Sad thankfully the overtime should settle down a bit now and I get my fella back!!
We're all going out for a nice day together then I'm out with my gals tonight...well we're having a movie night and curry Laughing...but it'll be nice just to chill

Went to have a play with my new pram in mothercare the other day..I love it. They've got some gorgeous clothes in too. Eee all our winter babies are going to look so snuggly when they arrive lol

I'll try and pop on over the week end for a full catch up...hope you are all good though. Hugs xxx
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:11 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies,

Well isn't time flying cant believe were nearly into September already Shocked. How is everyone feeling, I am doing well struggling to stop myself eating chocolate and I am offically 10st today so thats 8lb i have put on Shocked so far. Well its true what thay say i think i have piled on that in 3 weeks haha.

I have got most things now for baby apart form nappies, all I need is a few bibs, muslin squares, nipple barm, nappy sacks and his crimbo present which is the swing. I am done then. I brought a lovely changing bag off ebay take a look great bargin
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5PCs-Baby-Nappy-Changing-Bag-Set-Diaper-Bag-Brand-New-/190581383376?pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Changing_Nappy_Changing_Bags&var=&hash=item2c5f8920d0#ht_6003wt_1186

Zee obviously noah was a summer baby so to have a winter baby and seeing them snug and warm is going to be so cute.

Toots i agree i am hoping little man comes b4

Well i am on a sorting out day today off to drayton manor thursday which i am really looking forward too, noah is going to love it at his age now.

Char

MaisieMoosMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Hye ladies hope your ok?

Char i havent weighed myself and dont think i will bother now, i lost a load of weight in the beginning and am mainly all out front with this little lady so im happy lol

My changing bag is coming on nicely Laughing cant wait to see it made by the lovely Zee Very Happy

i cant believe how fast time is going.... 24 weeks yesterday Shocked but am still in my 'normal' clothes which is good trouser just sit below bump unless she is sat really low down!

i've got my 3d/4d scan next Tuesday cant wait to see the little lady again. such a busy month for us... its our first wedding anniversary on Monday! i cant wait its gone sooooo fast looking forward to a romantic meal out with the hubby then a chilled out evening at home, we're going to watch our wedding video as we've never seen it hehe soooooo excited can you tell hehehe then on the 7th hubby and i are off to a posh hotel for a nice stay Abigail free too yippee

xxxx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
There's no way I am setting foot near some scales ...not till after she's here and a few month breastfeeding Laughing Natalie, I can't believe you can still fit in your normal jeans (saw pic last night) shes all up front isnt she?! My little missy keeps changing her position so some days she's all out front then other days she curls right round from side to side (or so it appears)
Ohh, good luck with your scan too Very Happy Hope she's nice and awake for you

Char, we're off to Drayton Manor on Sun 9th now..bloody inlaws keep changing the date
Rolling Eyes Think Chris and Oliver will love it though Laughing

Toots - what names have you got in mind? or are you keeping it hush hush till the big day? Smile

Mrs Oz - Ive still not managed to get anything sorted on the Homebirth antinatal classes Mad The consultant midwife that does them is off sick and on 2 occasions they taken my number and never got back to me Rolling Eyes . We're supposed to book by 24wks..now 26 and no idea Confused I think i'm just going to go through it with my MW at next visit. I just need to sort out the TENS machine too as it was hired through the antinatal classes last time from the hospital.

Heti - how are you and bubs doing? Nursery done?

Oliver's been great lately with baby T. He keeps saying that he's looking after her in his belly and he's helping feed her by eating alllllll his tea up lol Laughing He's so funny.

I cant believe how much she's moving, responding and how strong she is now. Final trimester next week apparently..cant remember if its 27/28wks Question
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
Your all being very quiet Question Hope your all ok Very Happy

28wks tomorrow..wowzer, its going quick Shocked Getting my pram, well ordering it...this wkend Very Happy and Chris is determined to get all the little odds and ends we need for her.

Still not managed to sort out this bloody home birth class Mad . Got my 28wks MW app on Monday so i'm going to talk to her about it I think.
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:58 pm 
Post subject:
hey girls!
I am SO sorry i have been so rubbish! had a 2 wk holiday to zante straight after the scan and then first two weeks back at school - you don't have time to breathe!

baby is fine Smile very kicky and the second scan was brill Smile very excited now! getting loads of bits, got the changing bags you recommended- they are gorgeous!

On that note of buying things, have any of you heard of/have/are going to get the motion sensor baby monitor systems? I had never heard of one until my friends toddler stopped breathing in the night and then she got one. they go under the mattress and then if he stops breathing for more than 15 secs your baby monitor alarms you. They are dear, the angel baby one is 70 pounds on amazon, but i figure if they are a necessity and safe then i will get one, but if you (and especially you existing mummies!) don't want or use them then ill just get the bog standard baby monitor!

Also, do you rate thermometers? Mum says use my common sense - if its hot, give him less clothes hehe but again i want a modern mummies opinion!

hope you are all well, happy and healthy!

All my love.
H xxxx
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome back hun Very Happy

Glad all is well with you and baby.
Ive got one of the sensor monitors, It really was a godsend and give us real peace of mind thats for sure. Weve got the Tommiee Tippee one. It was about £50 4yrs ago Smile
Weve also got a gro-egg thermometer too Laughing
Our old house got very cold so again offered plenty of reasurence. It also doubled up as a nightlight when night feeding, wiyhout putting all the lights/
lamps on Smile
I'll be using again, just for that if nothing else. Also, winter babys, I think you just worry more that theyll feel the cold even when you feel ok x
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 am 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies,

Long time no speak, ekkk the start of the 7month for me today, not long left for all of us now. Cant believe some of us are going to begin the 30s already lol.

Well i am doing fine, apart for tiredness, heartburn and slight pelvis pain i am doing well lol. Drop my hours at work to that's great 6 hours a day seem to go pretty quick just on the count down now till i finish so cant wait.

Well i have finished everything for baby now, oh have you noticed we changed the name Laughing oh decided he actually likes it now as its been my fav from day one lol. Just brought him his swing, so really just have to get my hospital bag sorted out which i wont do for a while yet.

So how is everybody growing are we all?

Char

MaisieMoosMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Ladies Very Happy

Char i love the name it is so cute Very Happy we've got our name all sorted and we're ready to go. i sorted out all of the drawers in the babies room last night just need to hang a few bits up now, and i thought whilst i was there i might as well pack her bag for the hospital so other than a couple of small bits i need to buy shes ready to go hehehe thats another thing ticked off my list! i wont be doing mine just yet but i have my lists prepared so i know exactly what i need to sort out. i can be very anal about somethings hehe

Zee i should have got you to make me a mini changing back for Abigail to play with when you did mine as she keeps stealing it to play with ... got to go out and buy her one now!

ive had a go at my birthing plan. i'll put it at the end. would you mind having a look and letting me know what you think??

i had my second physio appointment this morning where they confirmed that its my back playing up and not my hips, she thinks i have trapped a nerve in between my spine and i keep irritating it Sad not a lot i can do about it tho execpt to keep up with the exercises to try and ease it but it just gets worse!!

7 weeks left at work now i cant wait to finish her and never have to come back yippee!! just need to figure out what i do want to do lol!

Got my 28 week growth scan today so fingers crossed all will be ok!!

have fun and enjoy your kicking babies Very Happy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Birthing Plan for Natalie Giles-Grant

Name: Natalie Giles-Grant
DOB: 01/12/1986

 This is my second pregnancy. First labour was a natural delivery with an Episiotomy at 37+5.

 My birthing partners are my husband Richard Giles-Grant (Rich) and my mum Patricia Giles (Trish) .

 I am ok with student midwives being present during labour and birth unless we run into complications.

 I would like to stay as mobile as possible throughout labour, please encourage me to do this and have the use of the bath if possible.

 Pain Relief:
o I would like as little pain relief as I can cope with, starting with Gas and Air then maybe progressing onto Pethadine. I would prefer to not have an Epidural but understand that I may have to have one in the event of an emergency.

 I am happy to have an Episiotomy if required but would prefer to not have an assisted delivery unless the baby is distressed or in an emergency.

 If an emergency c-section is required I would like my husband Richard with me at all times.

 I would like immediate skin to skin contact with my baby if possible

 I would like my husband Richard to cut the umbilical cord if possible

 I would like baby to receive the vitamin K injection

 If baby is poorly after birth and needs to go to NICU then I would like my husband to be with baby at all times

 I would like to have the injection to deliver the placenta

 I will try breastfeeding when baby is born but may revert to bottle feeding

 I would like to go home as soon as possible after the birth.

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds like a plan nat Laughing, thats brilliant. How has your scan gone, are you going to find out the sex? Sorry to hear about the pain your in i too am suffering with my nerve, i had siactica 4 years ago, i was bed bound for 2 weeks, and pregnancies seem to flare it slightly.

Char

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all

How is everyone getting on? Evie and I are having a girlie weekend as Oz has decided that this will be the last time he gets to escape for a while now (even though it is only to his dad's)! lol!

I have started to get BHs now, and she finially moved on Friday from being transverse to being all over the place, considering Evie was literally stuck at transverse until 34 weeks I am pleased as I am more comfortable. Most of the time I am in my normal clothes... most colleagues only worked out that I was pregnant two weeks ago as I carried on with baggy clothes, hehe! I have now well and truly popped so def no hiding now.

I have appts every week now for various gestational things (blood count, mental health and I have the pregnancy rash too now) and have got crutches for the SPD so I get to hear baby regularily now. Work are brilliant and really supportive and I hadn't missed any time off ill yet... but finally went home early on Friday because of a cold, seriously! So pathetic! Hehe! I will be leaving at 38 and a bit weeks (maternity pay is [*@!#%*], and I am the breadwinner) so a looooong time to go for me.

Not done anymore buying of things, our kitchen roof began leaking in the storms so we have gone ten steps back with having cash in the pot to do anything Sad

Nat - great birth plan, really not got any closer to making mine... in my mind I will pop into hospital have a baby then come out a bit later, lol! Might take a picture and ask for a designer vagina incase I need to have stitches again.
How is everyone else's preps going - Zee have you sorted your home birth out now?

xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:34 am 
Post subject:
Aww, MrsOz..it really sounds like your having a hard time of it Sad Do you get any holiday time that you could take before your maternity so you could finish a bit sooner?
Lol..at designer vagina. Laughing

Nat that birth plan looks good. I think being at home i'll be quite open, i'd appreciate advice on best labour positions etc..just go with the flow really. My big thing is that Chris gets to cut the cord Smile
I did do a birth plan last time, but tbh..it just kinda goes out the window when your actually in labour lol

Well I got a phone call the other day offering me a place at a home birth workshop tomorrow so looking forward to that.

Still not got our pram as I keep changing my mind Rolling Eyes Everything else is good to go though. Just little bits and bobs to pick up but not essential. Going to shut up shop early November so it'll give me a good month to get things finalised, xmas shopping done, and spend some quality time with the little man before baby arrives Smile
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies hope you are all ok?

have the rest of you been offered the whooping cough vaccination? xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 25 of 32

Jump to:  

Community

Popular