December 2012 Mummies

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
Ooo, I'm 30..I wonder if they'll do the same here with the Downs testing...what do they do? Is it just looking for the fold thingy on the scan?

I'm going to contact the MW on monday and get all that sorted. I don't think i'll push for and early scan now theyv'e sent the dating scan through, tbh I haven't got the energy..like you, i'm just pooped constantly Confused I really try and get off my arse to do something but i'm just worn out by the time i've stood up lol
I'll be glad when Olivers back at school this week and i can get some work done.

I knew my mum would be pleased..can't wait to tell my dad, the hard man that he is I reckon he'll shed a wee tear Laughing He saw what I went through with ectopic so he knows how much we want this Smile
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
I'm not sure exactly what they'll do but she said that they would be looking for the same markers that they usually look for in the 20wk scan like measuring the fluid at the back of the neck and stuff...i've got loads of leaflets that she gave me so it may be on one of those.

Also, even though i gave consent on the form for them to do these checks at the dating scan she told me that a MW would ring to confirm this with me (and she did). I thought it was a bit odd that i needed to say yes to both of them but 'hey ho'.

It seems to make it a bit scarier that they think you're in more of an at risk category once you're over 30 now. I was 31 when i had Elijah and that was only 2 years ago but they didn't do this then Confused

As for the tiredness, i'm even scared to sit down incase i drop off Smile and i'm counting down the hours til Monday morning when instead of 4 kids at home i'll just have 1 Very Happy Very Happy
x

m/c May 2012
m/c September 2012
m/c October 2012
scotchmi5t
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:08 am 
Post subject:
hiya girls, just a wee update - still no sign of AF!!! 3 days overdue now. If it doesn't appear today/tonight I'll be going to docs tomorrow to get a test. Hopefully to confirm the BFP, fingers crossed! Smile
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hay Hun good luck Very Happy
Are you not able to do a home prey test? The suspence would be killing me Laughing
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
*home preg test
(silly phone!!)
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls!

I am very cautiously joining you! after 4mc and 2 chemical pg's i am very nervous to say the least!!

I have had bloods which look good and i will get a scan at 7 weeks and every two weeks after that!

Just praying for more symptoms right now! i have very sore boobs and eating loads but thats it so far!

zeebs so sorry you have been through all of this!! can you pay for a private one to put your mind at rest.

Massive congrats again to all the other girlies Very Happy xx

3girliesandababyboy
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Scotchmist, i've got everything crossed for you that you get ur BFP tomorrow Very Happy but like zeeb said i'd have done a home test by now, even the cheap ones would show up now ur late??

Elp1 Massive congrats hun Smile Smile and i'm glad they're giving you 2weekly scans that must be really reassuring. Try not to worry too much about the lack of symptoms as i'm in the same boat, the only one i have is that i'm really,really tired all the time Sad
(I'm sure in a few weeks we'll be moaning about how sick we feel Wink )
x

m/c May 2012
m/c September 2012
m/c October 2012
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
I worte a really log reply to this earlier on my ipod and then it went off at the last minute Rolling Eyes Mad

Anyhoo, the jist was ELP, I'm so glad you've joined the club. I'm so sorry about your previous pregnancies and as 3girliesandababyboy said..i hope the scans offer you some reassurance Smile I think there are a few of us that have been through the mill with previous pregnancies and losses so its always nice to have that support. I can totally sympathise with your worries..and I know I could say it till i'm blue but try not to worry chick.

About my scan, I couldn't really afford a private scan Sad I'm going to ring the MW tomorrow and get sorted with them but to be honest by the time they sort out all the referrals for and 'early' scan..i'd be due for my dating scan anyway Rolling Eyes Its ok, what will be, will be. I feel well in myself and very pregnant Razz so I'm just trying to relax as much as possible.

So...this week end the constipation has well and truely kicked in Embarassed Shocked ...I thought i'd have a few weeks grace tbh..I was 9wk before I got it with Oliver. Anyhoo, i'm eating loads of ruffage and drinking plenty but still nothing and i'm so bloated with it. Anyone have any tips Please
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck scotchmist. ELP1 it's so nice to see you here Smile How are we all today?xx

*Our beautiful twins are safe in heaven*
scotchmi5t
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:31 am 
Post subject:
went to docs this morning - confirmed BFN. Sad Crying or Very sad so I'm outta here, best of luck to you all for the next few months xx
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies!

I am joining you... although I am only just at 4 weeks I got 2 BFP's so I know i am barging in early on Smile

Evie was late by 7 days, and according to the due date calculator I am due the 20th... OH has requested that he still gets to celebrate with his christmas turkey no matter what!

Congratulations to you ladies that I am joining, looking forward to hearing stories, symptoms and excitements from you all.

Yay us!!

Yeah

FX crossed these pregnancies are smooth and enjoyable for us all

xx

ChrissieRussell
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Scotchmist so sorry you got BFN hun. Sad

MrsOz welcome and congrats hun Smile

Well ladies i'm happy to say i got my 2-3 on digi today so think my HCG is looking good. Hope everyone is ok. xx

*Our beautiful twins are safe in heaven*
3girliesandababyboy
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
Scotchmist - i'm really sorry hun, FX you get ur bfp really soon x

MrsOz - massive congrats hun Very Happy and welcome to December mummies

ChrissieRussell - well done on ur digi results Smile

Havent really got any news, still no major symptoms Confused although i have had the odd moment where i've felt the teeniest bit icky and i'm finding that in the morning i start to feel a bit lightheaded if i dont sit down for 5 minutes with a cuppa or something.
Hope everyones doing ok, keep us updated with any scan, appointments or symptom info xx

BTW, my user name is a pain to keep typing so my name is Simone, feel free to use it!

m/c May 2012
m/c September 2012
m/c October 2012
MaisieMoosMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies I'd l to join you Yey!!! EDD is 19th December wohoooo

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls!

I don't think it has sunk in yet - and I have no symptoms either other than a hint of heart burn, but nothing major. I think I will enjoy it whilst it lasts... i remember hating the exhaustion and symptoms last time ( I had them until 22 weeks, and at 24 weeks I developed AND so pregnancy wasn't much fun).

When do you all go to the doctors / tell the midwives? i cannot remember what I did last time.

Congrates maisiemoos - you are a day before me Smile and my little girl is 2 years and 2 1/2 months so not much between them either!

Although my user name is short, unlike Simone's, please feel free to call me Jen!

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2012 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to:  

Community

Popular