Measles or just a generic virus?

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:00 pm 
Post subject: Measles or just a generic virus?
Hiya, my 2 year old DS had a high temp 2 days ago - not sure how high coz the battery died on the thermometer and we had no spares - but his whole body was pretty hot, we refrained from giving him calpol/nurofen as we wanted to let his fever do it's job and help kill off whatever it was he had, just kept a close eye on him, he ended up in bed with us that night anyway coz kept waking up.

Anyway, yesterday he'd perked up quite a bit, still sleepy and still had a slight temp but was eating more and wanted to play outside most of the day in between naps on the sofa with mummy!

Today he seemed back to his normal self, very whingey and tantrumy but then that IS sometimes a normal day for JJ at the moment (terrible 2s!) and we have been out shopping and visited friends etc. He hasn't wanted a nap all day bar the 10 mins in the car on the way home and he has eaten considerably more than the last 2 days...however, when we got him ready for bed tonight he was covered in a prickly spotty rash from head to toe (I'd noticed a it of a rash on his face around 2pm but assumed it was coz he'd spent half an hour screaming in a tantrum coz he didn't want to go home from where we'd been visiting and his face always goes blotchy when he's been crying.) He still doesn't appear to have a temp today and has gone to bed fine tonight but have heard that measles is going round at the moment (although heard of no cases locally yet) and wondered if it could be that or just another random virus doing the rounds...for anyone who's kids have had measles, could you tell me if you think this is it or not?

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
iv never seen measles but on first glance and from what you have said it looks like a heat rash, especially if he had a temp.

google images shows more of a blotchy rash, with more skin coverage.

K8andJJ
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Is it possible to have heat rash covering your whole body? I hope it IS that, but like I said, he hasn't had a temp since yesterday. I suppose I need to wait til the morning and see whether it's still there. Does heat rash itch? Coz he doesn't seem to be itching at all (except the crease in legs and elbows where he has eczema).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular