First time mums in November??

AngelaL76
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:07 pm 
Post subject: First time mums in November??
Hi,

My little girl was born on Thursday 27th November and I'm working my way through my first week. Anybody else doing similar? So far I've managed to struggle with positioning in breast feeding (ouch! Sad ) and not leave the house due to traumatic birth and many stitches.

She's doing really well but she's sleeping an awful lot. Does anybody know if I should be waking her up for feeds? I sort of assumed that she would wake up if she's hungry but she's sleeping for 4 to 6 hour blocks at the moment, is that too long to go without a feed? She does feed for a good half hour at a time and come off by herself. I've got the midwife coming on Tuesday so I guess I'll find out if her weight's okay then.
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
hey, my baby was born oct 26th but thought i'd answer this anyways... when i was in the hospital with lily-ann another couple left the baby for 7 hours without a feed!!!! nurses said it's a big no no

you should wake the baby up to feed every 4 hours at this stage, as she gets a little older, about a month, you can leave her for up to 5hours before waking her.

my baby wasn't waking at first but now when it reaches 4hours she screams the house down Laughing hopefully yours will too soon enough

sio29
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:26 am 
Post subject:
I had my baby on the 29th november she was 4days early, my labour started quick and was only 8hrs and i to had LOTS of stitches and major blood loss so i was housebound 4 2wks.
She wakes up every 4hr thru the day but nite time she will go sleep bout 11/12 and not wake up till near 6am. i woke her three times n she woodnt drink her milk n was very groggy so in the nite i leave her 2 sleep until shes ready wen she wen then take all her milk.

angela2
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 pm 
Post subject: november baby
It may be a litle late now, but I had my first baby on 23rd November last year by csection following a failed induction. Recovering now though and life starting to feel a little like normal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2008 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular