Letting baby have a 'lie in'

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:54 am 
Post subject: Letting baby have a 'lie in'
George is 3 months old and goes to bed at 9/9.30. He generally wakes again between 6 and 7.30. He will usually want to go back to sleep after his feed. If it's before 7 then I let him and he will lay in till 9.30/10. If after 7 then I pull the curtains make it very obvious it's morning and get him up. If I do this he tends to have a nap around 9. My question is do you think I should let him sleep in, am I doing the right thing?
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
WOW how lucky are you for your little one to sleep that long?

I have a 2month old little boy and the last few nights he has been unsettled of a night, thrashing about a bit in a light sleep and waking at 5am. He has been a good sleeper before this so a bit confused as to why he has been like this.

I would say you are doing a great job and have a good routine going so don't think you should change what you are doing Very Happy

xxxxx
pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:02 pm 
Post subject:
Personally I'd try putting him to bed earlier at night and yes he may want a feed during the night but then he would go maybe 7pm-3 and then until 7am. That's what my little girl does (on a good night lol). I'm hoping that 3am feed will get later and then she will just sleep through but I'm in no rush yet, she's only little. I like to have some time to myself in the evenings when they are both asleep. I like her to wake at around 7 because I'm up with my little boy so have to be up anyway.

You do what's right for you I'd say, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing x

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
I think I may try and gradually get his bed time earlier. Don't think he'd go down that early now. Thought I'd try going 15 minutes earlier every couple of weeks. I also wouldn't mind some time to myself in the evening. Never minded it that much when he woke in the night as he always went back to sleep well.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular