Routines

Rabbit2812
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:50 pm 
Post subject: Routines
Hello ladies, My little girl is 7 and a half months old and does pretty good in her routine although I feel that we need to change it by now as she is getting a bit older. She currently is on the following:

7am- Bottle usually 100ml
10am- Breakfast of porridge or wheetabix and fruit puree and usually 80-100ml of bottle
1pm - Lunch anything from Ellas kitchen range, finger food, sandwiches and 100ml milk
4pm - Bottle 100ml
5.30pm- Dinner chicken and veg puree,or cheesy leek and other veg, or a half jar of food, yoghurt and fruit puree
7pm - 100ml Bottle
11pm- 100ml Bottle

She never drinks water although I am working on it. I feel like the times for most of her meals are ok although I think I should make breakfast earlier. And drop maybe 2 bottles in a day but I worry if I do this then she wont drink enough and dont really know how to go about dropping bottles. I think things need to be a bit more spaced out and she doesnt currently get snacks in between meals but not sure if she should be. She sleeps pretty good at night and I worry that if I stop the 11pm bottle she wont sleep through anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Smile
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, my idea would be to bring breakfast forward to 8.30 is then offer a snack at 10.30 ish with water. I find with my lo if I let him hold the cup he drinks better, just keep offering it and dont make it a big deal, I also give him watery fruit and veg like melon and cucumber, it all counts for fluids. Then I would stop the bottle with lunch and give a milky pudding and again a beaker of water for sips during mealtime, I would bring the afternoon bottle forward, then give a nice big bottle at 7 and see how it goes without the 11pm one, you wont know until you try and if she wakes offer water or another form of comfort and try for a few days to see if its just habit.
Theosmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

My LO is just over 7 months and her routine is as follows:

7am - 8oz bottle and small bowl of cereal
10.30am - 4oz bottle
12pm - Lunch - half a jar of savoury, fromage frais, drink of water
2.30pm - 8oz bottle
5pm - Tea - half a jar of savoury, half a jar of dessert, drink of water
7pm - 8oz bottle

She generally sleep through the night until 6.30am ish but sometimes she will wake up about 5ish and not want to settle back down. If that happens, I give her half her breakfast bottle (4oz) and she will then generally settle back down until 7 - 7.30am.

I have just started to introduce some finger foods - rice cakes, slices of cheese and fruit.

Sorry haven't given any advice as such but hope you find the routine comparison helpful. x

Ange1979
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 am 
Post subject:
Hey hun

I think it's really hard to find a balance - I always worry about this kinda stuff and my little one choking but you just have to allow them to learn and explore/experiment Smile

Kimberley is 9 months but she's had this routine for a little while now - it does fluctuate a little depending on her mood hehe - whether it's right or wrong...I have no idea but she seems happy enough for now:

7-7.30am - decent bowl of breakfast + juice
8.30am - up to 7ozs milk
snack at some point (ie toast or healthy crisps (only a couple though Wink ))
12-12.30pm - half a jar of savoury food and fruit pot for pudding + juice
2pm - up to 7ozs milk
4.30-5pm - half/full jar of savoury food and fromage frais/fruit pot for pudding + juice
7pm - up to 7ozs milk

Basically, Kimberley has juice available throughout the day in a non-spill beaker which she can hold and toss about lol Wink She drinks more than you would think from it too as she is just left to it now. I've separated her milk from her food a bit as she was getting quite full on the food as it's been increased and wasn't having much milk if given at the same time. She seems happy to have just 3 bottles a day now and has as much or as little as she fancies.

Hope this helps a little Smile x

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, your routine isn't that bad, altho I would drop the 11pm feed and see if she'll sleep through.

I would try some more lumpier food now tho as at 7 months you can start coming off purees (only if you wish tho), try offering things like bannana or bits of cheese, cucumber, that sort of thing.

Babies until they are 1 need at least 21oz of milk in any 24 hours (this however includes other diary foods so it makes it hard) what I do is make sure Alex has 21oz of milk PLUS diary Very Happy

Rabbit2812
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the help guys. Little one has been ill for the past 3 weeks but is on the mend now so I didnt want to change her routine but she has kind of changed it herself. We tried stopping the 11pm feed and she would wake anywhere between 12-4am wanting a feed so I have started feeding her at 11pm again just to make sure we get some sleep lol. She is still taking 6 bottles at the moment but only because I am trying to make up for the ones she missed when she was ill. She is eating really well now and trying loads of new foods and textures and she loves them all. Fingers crossed maybe another week and then I will drop her milk feeds. She is starting to take water from a cup which is a bonus. Very Happy

Jump to:  

Community

Popular