Advice please

Weasleywannabe
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:51 pm 
Post subject: Advice please
Hello,
Our boy has been potty training for about 2 weeks. He has been doing really well and has been getting most of his wees on the potty. He has been a star. However, when he needs a number two he gets very upset and refuses to sit on the potty.

If I speak gently and try to persuade him he just says "No" and dances around or runs off. If I try to be firm he gets really distressed and cries so hard he is shaking.All his poos so far have been either in his pants or on the floor.

He cannot sit still or concentrate on anything for more tan 3 seconds so TV, toys or stories while on the potty to help him sit long enough to do a poo do not work and his distress is too great for stickers and praise to work.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:25 am 
Post subject:
sorry i cant help much as my daughter was dry 4 months before she would poo on the potty!

my hv said to just put a nappy on when she needed a poo but i was reluctant to do this as my friend did and her son is 5 and still wont poo on the toilet.

in the end i used a bit of tough love, making her sit down until she had done (even to the point of holding her over the potty!) then rewarding with chocolate. didnt take long for her to realise poo on potty = chocolate. and when she had messed herself i used to put her in the bath and was her down with the shower hose which she HATED, so i told her if she did a poo on the potty and not her knickers i wouldnt need to do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular