first period postnatal

baabaabaa1001
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 pm 
Post subject: first period postnatal
i had my first period last week since having my second baby. thing is im not sure wether it was one now - it was so light ( only really there when i wiped sorry tmi!) and only lasted 2-3 days. i know it was my period due to the fact my lochia had stopped for a week, i had cramp,sore boobs,headaches and a swollen gland on my jawline( weird i know but ive always got it and apparently its completely normal!) but why the hell was it so light?! with my first i had my lochia for 7 weeks 4 days no bleeding then got my period for 9 days and it was really heavy up until the last day when it stopped suddenly. granted this time round i lost a lot of blood during my section so they gave me a good "cleaning" before stitching me back up, my blood count was very low after and i was on 3 200mg iron tablets everyday for 2 weeks after and my lochia was basically a light period for 4 days then spotting for 3 and abit weeks. i always thought the first period was ment to be horrid!is it just taking longer for my body to get back to normal? Question Question Question

poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
i cant help alot, but i remember with my son i bled for 6 weeks after and it was relle heavy, loosing clots etc, i had a period a week after and it was also heavier than normal. this time around, i only beld for 2 weeks, it was quite light and im still awaiting first period...both were vaginal births, although i had assisted with the first so maybe that made a difference, but im assuming that like every pregnancy and labour is different, recovery and adjustment times after are also probably differnt!! sorry i cant help anymore! XXXX
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
sorry can not help i have not had a period since my second was born she is now 5 months

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular