unsettled baby...

poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:03 pm 
Post subject: unsettled baby...
hiya, im relle loosing the plot ladies!!!!

my little man is coming up for a month old and i dont think i have ever relle seen him settled while awake, he seems to be eating every 2-3 hours (breastfed) but seems to be very uncomfortable after, dosnt seem to sleep for longer than half hour at a time...and was even the same when i tried a day of giving him formula...my pediatrician has advised infacol for colic, but it dosnt seem to have helped...and im coming to the end of my tether...last night i only slept for an hour,and i have an energetic 18 month old to look after in the day, so catching up on sleep isnt an option...is there anything i can try to ease his discomfort..he seems to be gassy and colicky...
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:47 am 
Post subject:
i used colief drops, which have to be mixed with the milk, but if your b/f it says to express a small amount of milk and spoon feed it with the drops in before a feed.

i think from one of your other posts your not in the uk? so not sure if you can get it, but boots sell it over here and it costs about 12 for a small bottle, (used to last me a week) but i would get it free on prescription.

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 am 
Post subject:
My lo went through a phase of this for a few weeks, I tried everything over the counter. The only thing that worked for him was for me to sit on a chair with feet flat on the ground. Put his tummy on my knees so his head and legs were dangling, then pat and rub his back quite hard. He would often wriggle and winge for the first minute or so but woulod then settle and often fall alseep (so it was obv comfy lol)

You could try a nice warm bath that sometimes helps soothe them.

Good luck

poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
thnks girlies, hes been alot better the last week, sleepin up to 4 hours in one go in the night (i know tht dosnt sound like alot but its great compared to before) got some colic drops which seem to help settle him, hoping the progress conintues! xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular