Baby wakes up too much at night for milk - HELP!!

Petunia
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:45 pm 
Post subject: Baby wakes up too much at night for milk - HELP!!
Hi All, my 8 monmth old boy wakes up up to 4 times a night for a feeding (bottle). He goes through 300-400mls per night. Some say it's not good for his teeth and I also get very tired especially having to go to work the next day...is there anyway to minimise or get rid of the night feeds?? :cry:
Rabbit2812
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my goodness, I'm afraid I cant help much but saw your post and had to say something. What is your LO's routine like through the day? How much milk, food etc does the LO get? Hope you can get this sorted soon and get some much needed sleep. My little lady has quite alot of feeds through the day and has her last bottle at 11pm and then usually sleeps through till 7-8am although sometimes she does wake early wanting a feed but not more than once.
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hmm not really sure what to suggest. Jamie used to do this and at 10 months we switched him to formula which helped a bit but I'm guessing if you know how much your lo is drinking then his already on formula. Another thing we tried was giving him water instead of milk so he got fed up of waking up. Another thing we did is just refusing to feed him. I don't agree with cc personally but that's one method. I used to use the pick up put down method and also used to sit next to his cot stroking his cheek. We didn't get him to sleep through the night until he was almost a year though so can't guarantee any of that will work (although he was just a bad sleeper - slept about 3 hours in 24 as a newborn)

How much is he eating during the day. Solids didn't make all that much difference to Jamie but you can try getting more in him in the day and we found supper followed by a feed helped. In fact, once we switched him onto formula he used to have a bf from me when we got home from work (about 6ish), then supper and then a bottle before he went to bed sometime between 7-7.30 and that seemed to help a bit

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
So at 8 months Alex was still doing this as well, he would go the occassional night where he would only need 1 feed. Then he hit 9 months and suddenly went 7pm till anywhere between 4am-7am.

Have you tried making his bedtime bottle up with say 1 more oz in it or doing a dream feed at around 11?

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:55 am 
Post subject:
It could be the only way he knows how to get back to sleep when he wakes. My lo was the same. When he wakes offer him water instead if he refuses then he is obviously not hungry. I know how tiring it can be, I've done it for nearly two years. It's my own fault cos I have no will power. Sad
Does he eat well during the day? I did try mine with a supper but he still woke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular