Need advice

3rdtimeluckyyy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:35 pm 
Post subject: Need advice
Hi ladies my health visitor seems to think I could be suffering from PND but I don't know if I am... Lately I've been thinking about the things she has said and the stuff others have said about me lately and trying to figure things out....

I have been told by both a fairly close friend and my partner that I don't seem myself since having our baby
I'm irritable
Mood changes at the click of a finger, I can go from happy smiling to wanting to cry then to feeling annoyed for no reason all in the space of an hour.
I feel down out myself
Sometimes have no interest in doing things, especially with other people
Feel like I just cnt do anything right ( not regarding our baby)
Feel pretty useless generally
Past few days I've had little interest in eatting

Does anyone have any thoughts, advice or experience regarding this???

Any help would be really appricated, at the point where I feel confused and my hv wants me to have assessment by her boss on wednesday which I don't really know how I feel about.

Thank you for reading and I would appricate your replies.

poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
oh hun, sorry your feeling bad, i didnt suffer with PND with my first, fingers crossed not with this one either. i dont relle have any advice apart from i think the assesment will be good for you as if you are suffering, you can get the help you need..i hope you are ok hun and sending you big hugs XXXX sorry i cant be a better help
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. To be honest this weekend I've felt alot better...I think alot of it is change in my circumstance and issues towards my self.

How are you and little one getting on? Xxx

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:30 am 
Post subject:
Has the HV done the questionaire about how you feel with you ? or are they just basing it on discussion ? It could be very mild PND or it could just be to tiredness and feeling a bit down. If you've got your OH and friends keeping an eye on you I am sure they will tell you if they think you are at a point to seek help. Just try and look after yourself and if you get to the point where you feel sad more than happy then I would speak to HV or GP x
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun. no she did the questions on two different weeks 3 weeks apart and so this week wants me to have an assessment with her boss x

poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
hiya hun how are you gettin on? hope all is ok xx
Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:04 am 
Post subject:
Hey, I'm feeling a lot better thank you. Oh is home a little more at the min and I've started going to a group on a Tuesday just for an hour but I think it's helping to be around people and not feel so alone. Plus after 12 weeks of tests I've finally been given the all clear from my pre clampsa so that's help brighten me up a little aswell.

How are you Hun? Xx

poogeday
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
oh good im glad! we are ok thnkyou, leo is growing so much so quickly! they both had injections today so was a bit of a nightmare, but its all done now!!! and thank the lord, he is sleeping a bit better now so im gettin a few solid hours! keep in touch and always here if you need to talk! xx
Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you. I'm glad there doing well!!

I know its amazing how fast they grow isn't it. Cant believe Nathans 12 weeks old already Smile same goes for you chick stay in touch and again if you need anything even just a natter drop me a message

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular