Advice please, got mixed up now i'm worried

Poppy83
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 pm 
Post subject: Advice please, got mixed up now i'm worried
Hi, hope everyone is well this evening. I'm looking for some advice if possible..

We did the deed yesterday and didn't use anything as i said it'd be fine, thinking i was way past ovulation. As we are going to start ttc next month i had just downloaded a fertility app but decided to check it after 'the event' and not before, now i'm worried! It said yesterday was my most likely day to ovulate! I don't know how i've got it so wrong. I had all the ovulation signs last week, ewcm mainly, but thinking about it my nipples were sore yesterday and possibly Sat, that is a new sign for me so i didn't really click i suppose.
When you have the ewcm when do you ovulate, is it while you have the ewcm or after? I'm confused, when we started trying for our first baby i read up so much about ovulation signs and i thought i knew all there was to know, now i'm not so sure and could of done something stupid, help please!! x
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:14 am 
Post subject:
the apps only go on your average cycles (which is fine if you are regular as clockwork) so cant accurately predict ov.

iv been tracking my cycles the last few months and take ov as when the ewcm stops, and iv been pretty accurate as af turns up within a day of when i expect.

iv also noticed symptoms change every month, last month i had ov pains, and my boobs were really sore, this month iv only had EWCM.

i really wouldnt worry too much as you are going to TTC so it might just have happened a bit earlier

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 am 
Post subject:
I'd ignore the fertility app and go off your body , EWCM is a good clue but you can get it after ov and just before AF as well , if you get watery clear first though and then excm and then it goes back to white and sticky then thats a good sign you've ov'd , the excm normally goes away about 24 hrs after ov .For a lot of women sore boobs only start after ov as well , but it can change month to month . If you're starting trying next month though anyway then does it really matter if you could get pregnant Question xx
Poppy83
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:40 am 
Post subject:
So it still seems pretty likely we've done it at the perfect time.. oh dear Sad

When we were ttc first time round i used to get really obvious ov signs, i used to get a pain in one of my ovaries, like a throbbing, along with ewcm so i knew the day i ovulated. I don't get that pain since having my daughter so i go off ewcm, and got it wrong Sad

My partner will be on a course until mid Feb next year and if i fell pregnant this month i'd be due early Feb so he would either miss the birth or leave the course, totally wasting his time as he would have to re-do the course. Which is why we were starting ttc next month. I just hope it doesn't happen this month, i'll have a ling 2 weeks ahead of me!

Thanks for your replies x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Waiting to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular