January 2013 Birth Club

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:57 am 
Post subject:
Hey girls!

Wonder where everyone else is??!! Not much happening here just plodding along and growing day by day! Off to see the consultant again on Wed for next check up so I might bring up the topic of induction as that's how I went into labour last time.

Apart from all the essential stuff like nappies etc I don't really have anything to buy as I have it all already.

Just feeling tired mainly as my son has gone from waking up at 7.30/8ish to around 6.30ish this week - it's killing me!!! I'm hoping it's just a blip and he starts to sleep properly again soon!

xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Really is quiet on here! Hope everyone is ok!

AllyG how did your appointment go with your consultant?

Everything ok here, still loads to get! Shocked Last day of work on Friday!! Having my annual leave before maternity has made it seem like I've got ages off! Laughing But looking forward to concentrating on getting baby bits!
xxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hey dohdoh glad you're still around!! Where is everyone else?? Hope all is ok.

You must be excited to leave work on Friday! Are you all sorted for baby or is that your plan for the next few weeks to keep you busy?

I'm seeing midwife tomorrow so I can get 28 wk bloods done and then off to see consultant again in 2 weeks time. I'm having a growth scan next time I go so I'm looking forward to seeing baby again. It's just a routine one really as my belly is measuring small and my bump is pretty tiny still. They aren't worried though as I was really small in my last pregnancy and Finlay turned out to be an ok size.

Where are you at with appointments?

xxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi me again!

I saw midwife again yesterday and all ok. Still measuring a bit behind what I should be but she said baby is lying transverse so measuring isn't accurate in that position really. Baby still has time to get itself back into the head down position again. Bonus is that it isn't pushinng on my bladder constantly anymore!!

Hope everyone is ok.
xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ally

It's strange how it's gone so quiet...

Most of the stuff is being given to us, we're collecting a crib at the weekend, and a few other bits that my OH's mum have got us. Was a bit disappointed at first, as I had my heart set on a moses basket, but I'm grateful for anything we get really. Still thinking about getting the moses basket for downstairs..., or my OH's mum said we can sell the crib (it is second hand anyway). But still bits and pieces to get, but with not being at work, it gives me chance to sit down, and go through it all properly and not feel too stressed.

I saw my midwife on Tuesday, she couldn't get bloods out of me as I had a bruise on my other arm from the glucose tolerance test I had done the week before. So I've got to go to my hospital on Monday to get the 28 weeks bloods done. I'm not due to see the consultant until the last week of November, but got a scan 2 weeks before that to see if my placenta has moved. My consultant also wanted a growth scan done on the same week that I see him, but the sonographer said to wait until I have the other scan done first, and then they'll decide if I need another one. I think the midwife said I'm measuring well though.

My baby likes either laying or kicking my bladder! Laughing Still amazed at how active the baby is, and could lay for hours watching my belly moving Very Happy xxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi dohdoh

How did you blood test go? Did they manage to get blood out of you this time? Hope it wasn't too painful! Smile

It's good that you are managing to cobble together some hand me down bits and pieces. Last time round we didn't use a moses basket, just the carrycot part of our travel system. That was handy as we could move him from the living room to bedroom without having to disturb him. This time I'm not quite sure what to do. We've just bought a double buggy but I'm still thinking that I'll dig out the old carrycot and just get a new mattress for when we're at home.

I bought a couple of boxes of size 1 nappies and a couple of smaller packets for the hospital this weekend so I've made a start on useful baby stuff! Very Happy

I love watching my belly move too! Very Happy

xxx

eme500
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

I agree its so quiet on this forum- compared to the last forum when I was pregnant with my first baby.

A wee update on me- still no further complications with the complete placenta previa thankfully. Thats me 30weeks so we are quite relieved to have gotten so far Smile

I developed Sciatica last week which is utter agony Sad Did anyone else get this?

We have our next scan mid nov to check status of placenta previa and discuss C-Section dates so in a few weeks times we will finally have a delivery date Smile Smile

Hope everyone else due Jan '13 is doing well and no major concerns.

Not long left Smile
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies!

Yeah they managed to get blood out of me this time, first time in fact, I don't know why some of them have problems and others don't! Laughing

Glad everything is well with you eme. Hope the sciatica eases off for you.

I got a few sheets and a fleece blanket today for the crib. I had my eye on a play gym, but think I'll wait until the sales, and maybe even when I've given birth... I feel bad as I haven't got any toys for the baby at all. Which I know they don't play with them straight away, and will probably get bought loads anyway! Laughing

I can't believe how quickly the time has gone! Won't be much longer before babies are in our arms!!! Very Happy xxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls how are you all doing?

I am chilling in bed today as am having a super sicky day. I had the flu and whooping cough jabs yesterday so whether it's a reaction to that or just a bug or random sick day I don't know but I hope I feel better tomorrow!!

dohdoh - just a warning about toys...hardly anyone gave me toys last time round. Everyone gives you clothes and you end up with way too many. In the first few weeks baby only really wears sleepsuits as little outfits are just fiddly to get on. Also you will probably go through several outfit changes a day!!

If people start to ask you what you would like then I would say ask for toys (especially as Christmas is going to be a long way off for our little ones so not only newborn toys but ones for 3/6/9 months plus might be good!!) and also clothes that are for bigger sizes in the future - although make sure they are suitable for whatever season. You might find a play gym useful in the early weeks but waiting until the sales is a good idea. Babies only really feed and sleep in the first month!! If you feel tempted I would get a couple of rattles or toys which you can hang above baby in car seat or pram so it has something to look at. Very Happy

When is your next appointment? I'm off to the hospital next Wed for a scan and to see the consultant.

Take care.
xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good allyg. I must admit after the flu jab I felt fine, but the whooping cough jab I did feel quite sicky! Thanks for the advice on toys, and clothes. And if anybody does ask what we'd like then I know what to ask for. It's hard for people at the moment to buy specified colours of clothing, so they can't buy actual outfits Laughing

My next appointment with consultant is in a couple of weeks, and I've got the scan before then aswell! I must look up the dates. I know the first one is the week after next! Laughing
xxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hello just a quick update!

Went for a scan today and all is looking good. Baby is now head down so that's a bonus and is measuring pretty average, and weighs 3lb 7oz so far which is not too bad at this stage Very Happy They aren't expecting me to have a huge baby - thank goodness!!!

Got to go for some blood tests in 2 weeks to re-check iron levels as they are still too low and also to check my kidney function as I've had kidney probs in the past.

Then back for another scan and to see consultant in 4 weeks time! Very Happy

I'm taking my son for his first settling in session at nursery tomorrow - eek hope he enjoys it!! He's only going to go 2 mornings a week and he was meant to start on Monday but he's had chicken pox for the last couple of weeks so had to wait for that to clear up. Oh the joys you have to look forward to!!

How's everyone else getting along?

xxx

eme500
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

glad everyone is still doing well.
it was interesting to hear a few of you have been a bit sicky after the hooping cough vacc. Same here-One of the midwives I spoke to said quite a number of pregnant woman were complaining of sickness and the runs after getting it- suppose as long as we are all fine and the babies are fine then its nothing to be concerned about.

We have our next scan on 16th to check placenta position and make sure the babies well but all is looking positive at the moment.

Is anyone else having a planned C-Section? if so have you been told yet when they will carry it out?
We are having a planned section for a number of medical reasons but wont find out until 16th when this is likely to be carried out. Our due date is the start of the new year and I know that they are likely to want the baby on or before the 39th week so possibly christmas or new year delivery?????? Just dont know how they operate over a festive period for planned sections- Guess we will find out in a week or so.

takecare everyone
Very Happy
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies!

I had the midwife on Tuesday and she could feel the baby is head down Very Happy

I've got my scan next Wednesday to check for position of the placenta, which I'm keeping fingers crossed that it has moved! Also, got my first ante natal class next Wednesday aswell eek! Laughing
I've got the consultant on the 28th, so will find out about delivery etc then. And also about the clexane aswell.

I wrote a list the other day of what I had, and was shocked at how unprepared I am Laughing but managed to get a few more bits, and going shopping tomorrow. Then it'll be to wash all the clothes and bedding.
When are you going to do your hospital bag? I've started writing a list, otherwise I'll know there'll be something I forget Laughing

How did your son get on at nursery allyg?
Not long until you find out when you're meeting your little one then eme! I'd imagine everything will carry on as normal in the hospital over the festive period...

Take care ladies xxx

NIx1972
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all!

Glad to hear all going well for those of you still posting. Ive not had Internet for a while and have had a few spells in hospital. I've had the norovirus bug and a kidney infection - both of which resulted in v low blood pressure and four nights in the local hospital. Just got over those to then have my glucose tolerance test and be told I have gestational diabetes, which I am now controlling with diet quite successfully Smile

Had an extra scan yesterday and baby is over 97th centile already.... So the obstetrician has said she won't let me go beyond 38 weeks and it's likely to be a section.

Hope all well with you and your bumps

Nix x

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nix!

Sounds like you've been through it recently! But glad you are better now Very Happy
How do you feel about having a section? Can't they induce you? Or would you just rather go straight for the section?

Are you ready for little ones arrival?

Take care xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to:  

Community

Popular