January 2013 Birth Club

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 am 
Post subject:
Hiya Ally

I might start doing from my thigh tonight, they did say I can do thigh aswell. Which part though? Inner, on top, or outer? Laughing Is it more painful in the thigh? Sorry for the questions! Laughing

How is the sickness for everyone at the moment? Mine has really calmed down the last few days, but my boobs are still sore. My back was really killing me yesterday, no matter how I sat it was so uncomfortable! Been getting quite a few stretching aches and pains in tummy aswell. I can't wait to start feeling baby move Very Happy I hope I don't have to wait much longer Laughing xx

saffy1984
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Dohdoh,

This will be my second baby and I dont think that we will have anymore because my pregnancies are considered high risk. I always wanted 2 anyway.

You must be very excited this being your first.

I am tempted to find out the sex this time, I didnt last time, cant make my mind up at the moment? What are people thinking about this?

x

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hi dohdoh

You need to do the injections anywhere from the middle to top of your thigh just off centre towards the outer edge - in the fleshier bit!!! Alternate each leg each night and then if/when you bruise you won't risk stabbing in the same area 2 nights in a row!! Very Happy

Touchwood I've been lucky this time and am only being sick a couple of times a week and don't really have any symptoms. No sore boobs, occasional tummy cramps and tiredness (but then I do have a toddler to chase after!!) In my last pregnancy I felt so so rough and was very sick pretty much all day everyday for the first 5 months, after that I felt loads better but did continue to be sick until I gave birth. So I was dreading feeling like that this time, but fingers crossed it has escaped me this time!! Cool

I think last time I didn't feel any movement until about 21/22 weeks, but with your 2nd you tend to feel them move a bit earlier. It's a weird feeling to start with!! Very Happy

Saffy - I'm the same as you about finding out the sex. We didn't last time, but don't know whether to or not this time! It's tempting but I don't know because it's such a lovely moment finding out. Smile

xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Ally I shall give it a go tonight Very Happy

Saffy - I am trying not to get too excited, but I think that's just from last year when I had 2 m/cs, but now I'm further along, and I've got the clexane to help so trying to feel quite positive. As to finding out the sex, we're not going to find out because of it being our first and wanting the surprise. But we're thinking next time we'll find out Laughing I don't really mind if it's a boy or girl anyway xxx

NIx1972
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hello January mummies to be! Can I join you please ? I think I'm due somewhere between 16th and 30th but waiting for my scan to confirm EDD. Hope all feeling well -I'm feeling a bit sucky but not too bad.

Chat soon
Nix xx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Nixie

Welcome to the group! Very Happy

I've got my 12 week scan tomorrow!! Bit nervous, but more excited Very Happy It's also mine and OH's 10 year anniversary! (not married Embarassed )So, it should be a really good day!!

Just had my Dad round for tea, I haven't seen him for about 9 and a half years, and it was great to catch up after all these years. I definetly don't want to lose contact, especially with a baby on the way!

Has anybody else got scans coming up?

xxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:56 am 
Post subject:
Hi how is everyone getting on?

Welcome to the gang Nix, hope they can give you a good idea of dates at your scan. Have you got a date yet for your scan? Very Happy

Dohdoh - good luck at your scan today!!! How exciting - 12 weeks already!! Very Happy Also congratulations on your anniversary and so lovely to hear you have been able to meet up with your dad after so many years. Bet he is excited to find out he's going to be a grandad!! Cool

I'm now going to end up having two 12 week scans which is a bit random, but hey ho!! We are currently living in Dubai but planning to move back to the UK permanently in a couple of weeks. The IVF clinic here won't sign me off their books until I get to 12 weeks so having a scan here on 5th July and then we fly that night. Then because I'm also in the system in the UK a scan appointment and an appointment with the consultant have come through for 10th July!! I suppose the more scans the better hey? Very Happy

xxx

saffy1984
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Doh Doh,

How did your scan go?

Welcome Nix and congrats.

Nice about the scans Ally, I think its very reassuring to see the little one and they change so much at the moment.

Im on my 3rd week off work with sickness and my work are not chuffed at all. They are making me feel guilty for not being there but I feel that my health is more importanat at the moment. Eek

x

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:59 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies!

Had the scan yesterday, and baby was being a wriggler, doing headstands and wouldn't go on it's back! Laughing So, after drinking more water, and wiggling around, the woman said I'd have to go back another day as she couldn't take the measurements. So, I'm going back next Tuesday! I don't mind if it means I get to see the baby again Very Happy

It was great seeing my Dad again, and not going to let another 9 and a half years go by before getting in contact!

Ally - least you get to see your baby a couple of times Smile

Saffy - Don't feel guilty about not going to work, it's not your fault, and you are right, your health is a lot more important! My work can be like that sometimes, they say 'if you're ill you're ill there's nothing you can do, so don't come in', but as soon as you phone in you're made to feel guilty for it!

I start a new job on Monday. The ward I was on has been closed to save money, so I'm being redeployed into the community, which I'm hoping will be better for me during the pregnancy. So, I feel a bit bad to say I've got a scan on my second day of being there, even though the woman knows I'm pregnant, and said that I'm entitled to paid time off to attend appointments, doesn't stop me from feeling guilty!

xxx

meetingleeroypeanut
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Ladies (and Gents)

Room for a newbie on here? I got my BFP on 19th May, had an early scan that confirmed I was 6+2 and here i am! Due 22nd January.

Because I found out so early it feels i have had to wait forever to get my 12 week scan!

I just passed my probationary period at work - it was quite a big deal and involved a board and interview style again etc. They knew I was pregnant just before my review and i was so scared that they would discriminate against me (although I know this is illegal!!) but they were absolutely fantastic and the boss said that it was the best review he has done in years!

Super happy!

So has anyone been naughty and got their name ideas yet? or are you all waiting until 20weeks?

(its my first btw - can you tell?!)

xxxx
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi can I join you all? Have been too nervous to even get a ticker (AllyG, I just look at yours!!!) let alone join here but feeling more confident by the day. This is my 3rd pregnancy but sadly my first baby but so far so good!!

So I am 11 weeks and 2 days today, due 15th Jan following IVF in April.

We have our 12 week scan next Tuesday but saw a heartbeat at 9 weeks 3 days.

Desperate to get to 12 weeks!!!!

Hope you're all doing ok xxx
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome ladies and congratulations.

I've had a few name ideas, but keeping options open at the moment. Me and the OH have had quite a few disagreements when it comes to names, so it'll be interesting to see if we can agree on one! Laughing

Like you fluffy this is my 3rd pregnancy but first baby, and have had regular scans (as I have been put on clexane). I had 12 scan on Monday, but baby wasn't sitting still so get to see it again on Tuesday! Can't wait! Very Happy
xxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:09 am 
Post subject:
Hi to those new ladies who have joined recently, lovely to have you with us! Very Happy

Fluffy - I kept meaning to tell you to come over and join us on this thread but you beat me to it!! Go on get a ticker!!! Sounds like everything is going so well for you so far and not long until your 12 wk scan now (or mine!!) Very Happy

Dohdoh - good luck at your scan tomorrow! It'll be exciting to see baby again, hope he/she behaves and is lying in the right position this time!! Smile

We haven't really talked about names yet as we found it soooo hard last time!! It was lucky we had a boy last time as Finlay was the only name we both agreed on. If we'd had a girl we had would have had no idea what to call her!! Maybe in the next few weeks we can start having a think!!

Hope you're all feeling well and those with sickness that it's starting to ease up.
xxx

NIx1972
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:26 am 
Post subject:
Hey all!

Got my scan date at last! - going to be 11th July - the radiology booking clerk was horrible to me and wouldn't let me book a scan as there were no slots available close to the date that the midwife wanted me scanned Shocked luckily my mw called up and sorted it all out for me - can't wait to see little wriggler, but apprehensive at the same time as it was at the last scan I had I discovered I'd had a mmc Sad

still feeling nauseous, but this week I've been feeling fluttery feelings in my tummy - do you think it could be too early to feel little one? I think I'm about 12 weeks now - but have no real idea!

Hope all are well - anyone else into maternity clothes yet? or is it just me that can't do anything up? lol

Nix
xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nixie!

Glad you got your scan date sorted out, I'm sure everything will be fine, you're still feeling sick so that's a good sign! Smile
I got my scan again tomorrow! Can't wait, shall see if the baby is going to behave this time Laughing

My sickness eased off, but it's coming back at some points during the day! And as to the maternity clothes I am down to about 2 pair of trousers. I went looking at the weekend for maternity ones, but couldn't find any, so going to order some online. Also, my tops are getting tight aswell! xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to:  

Community

Popular