January 2013 Birth Club

doflo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:17 am 
Post subject: hi can i join due 1/1/13
hi i am due on new years day, this is my second baby I have a little boy called William who is 3. My 20 wk scan is next week is anyone finding out yet? I didnt last time, i dont think i will this time as well. Also what are your ages?????Im 35. sorry loads of questions.....hope you are all well!!!!!!!!

xx
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya doflo,

Congrats and welcome to the group Very Happy I'm due 7th January, got my 20 week scan on 22nd August, counting down the days already! Laughing We're not going to find out what we're having, leaving it as a surprise. I'm 27, will be 28 on the day of the scan Embarassed xxx

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:28 am 
Post subject:
Hiya!
My 20 week scan is on 30th August and i think i will find out, im soooo impatient lol and i found out with Harry! I'm 25, 26 in Dec x
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all!

Welcome Mummy2Harry and Doflo Smile

I'm due 25th Jan according to my 12 week scan, but a lot earlier according to my dates! I'm 39, 40 next month and have a 20 month old son called Toby.

My 20 week scan is 7th sept as I have to wait for the consultant to be back from his holidays... we are not going to find out what we are having - firmly in team beige here!

Dohdoh - yes already been thinking about birth plan and pain relief - last time I ended up being induced and had gas and air, diamorphine (our hospital doesnt use pethedine) an epidural then emergency section and every form of morphine afterwards. This time I'd like a home birth and I'd be happy with water and gas and air - that's what I managed with when I had my miscarriage. I think it's a very individual thing though and depends on lots of things - like position of your baby and your own mobility and position. I'm determined not to let them make me labour on my back again!

feeling too big for my "fat" clothes and not yet big enough for maternity clothes - v frustrating!

Hope all well

Nix
xx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
Roll on 2 weeks today!! 20 week scan, shouldn't wish time away really, but can't wait to see little one again Very Happy

I'm quite interested in having a waterbirth, but not 100% sure if my hospital have got one, so will have to ask midwife when I next see her. Ideally, I'd just like gas and air, but shall keep an open mind about it really. I cringe at the thought of an epidural, because of the needle into the spine Shocked I'm hoping I can have a natural birth as much as possible, and only have a caeserean if necessary. My OH doesn't want to cut the cord, and if my Mum is there she wants to, BUT my OH is abit funny about this, saying he doesn't want my mum doing it?! So I said I'd do it! Laughing Men! Argh! Laughing

How are you all feeling? I still feel like I have no energy! I wake up tired! I really need to sort out the spare room, for when we start buying cot etc... Loads to sell on a big shelving unit in the front room aswell, but just don't feel energetic or motivated enough Embarassed xxxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hey everyone!

Welcome to those people who have just joined us:D

Can't believe how quickly our pregnancies are going Very Happy and soon it'll be time for the next round of scans!! How exciting!!!

I'm trying not to think too much about labour as it was a bit horrendous last time!! I was induced a few days early due to the clexane (dohdoh - will prob be the same for you maybe as before I had to stop the injections 36 hours before delivery). If you go into labour naturally basically they won't want to give you an epidural or a c section if you have taken the clexane recently. So last time I had an epidural, dilated really quickly and then ended up pushing for ages as he got stuck. They tried the ventouse which failed and then ended up being cut and a forceps delivery. Bit frantic by the end but was just glad once he was out safely!!

Seeing the midwife on Wed and then my scan is in 2 weeks. Don't think we are going to find out the sex though, but may change our minds!!

xxxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
AllyG wrote:

I'm trying not to think too much about labour as it was a bit horrendous last time!! I was induced a few days early due to the clexane (dohdoh - will prob be the same for you maybe as before I had to stop the injections 36 hours before delivery). If you go into labour naturally basically they won't want to give you an epidural or a c section if you have taken the clexane recently.

Hiya AllyG

Was it just a few days before your due date they induce you or weeks? The consultant said he'd go through it all when he next sees me, which isn't until I'm 34 weeks. I know he was on about reducing the dosage and then stopping it before due date, and then going back on it for 6 weeks after. And the consultant has requested a scan at 34 weeks, I think he said to check growth? Can't remember too much! The receptionist took my request form for the scan last time, and said it need signing? Even though the consultant had signed it! And she said they'd book it when I go for my 20 weeks, I just hope they haven't lost the request form as that would be my luck!!

I know what you mean about the pregnancy flying though! I'm really enjoying being pregnant at the moment Very Happy Counting the weeks until maternity already! Shocked

I've got 20 week scan next Wednesday (9 days!), and we're still planning not to find out the sex.

xxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi dohdoh

Last time I had growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 wks. As baby was measuring quite small they did another one at 38 wks. Then said to book in for induction once I had reached 39 wks. My water levels were quite low as well so they didn't want me to go overdue. In the end my induction was started 4 days before my due date and Finlay was born the next day so only 3 days early in the end.

I imagine I'll have growth scans later on this time round as well but I have a different consultant this time so maybe she'll do things differently - who knows??!!

Last time once I had given birth I had to take the clexane 6 hours after delivery and continue it for the next 6 wks and then just had to stop it altogether.

Not long until your scan - how exciting!!!

xxx

eme500
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

nice to read all the posts and see how everyone is coming along.
I am pregnant with my second baby and due at the start of Jan. I am having a c-section this time around as I had a third degree tear with our first son.

I saw someone mentioning pain relief in an earlier thread and just wanted to say keep an open mind as I had fully intended no pain relief with my first labour but ended up with pretty much everything going as I had to be induced due to a possible infection so I ended up in the hands of the midwives and doctors who really advised me well on what to do with pain relief.
Also re epidurals- my experience is that the injection in your back does not hurt at all and I was dreading it after hearing so many scare stories. I didnt feel one thing and I also had a spinal that I didnt feel being administered either.

Our scan is 20th Aug so looking forward to seeing the little baby swiming about again.
Be nice to hear how everyone gets on with theirs.
xx Very Happy
LilyCam78
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone!

I'm Lily-Mai and this is my first pregnancy, really excited!

Hoping to make some friends on here due the same month as me. My due date is 30th Jan 2013, can't wait!
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:35 am 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies

Welcome to the new ladies just joining us Very Happy nice to see our group is expanding.

Just popped on to see how everyone is really. Everything is ok here, baby is being quite active most days now, which is really nice to feel Very Happy Busy day tomorrow as it's my OH's birthday (think I'm a tad more excited than what he is Laughing ). I've even done him a pressy from the bump! How sad am I?! Laughing

Less than a week til my scan. All of our scans our coming round fast. I can then start to think about buying the bigger bits, ie. cot, buggy, etc... All so exciting!!

I got some really nice maternity tops off new look website for £3 each in their sale, might be worth a look ladies if any of you fancy treating yourselves.

I best get back to work! Catch you all soon! xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies,

How are we doing? I've started to get heartburn, and get an acidic taste at the back of my throat Sad

The 20 week scans have started now Very Happy How has it gone for the ladies that have already had theirs? Mine tomorrow! Cannot wait! Very Happy Determined to stay team beige! xxx

Fluffy2
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hey DohDoh - how did the scan go ??!! I've got mine on Friday and can't wait Smile Although bit nervous and definitely finding out what it is. I am desperate to know!!

Think I am finally blooming Smile My bump is quite big now and I love it but maternity clothes are a bit challenging. Can't find much Sad

Starving hungry all the time and feeling lots of movement which is strange but lovely.

How is everyone else ?

xxx
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 pm 
Post subject: Anyone thinking of storing their baby's stem cells?
Hey everyone,

Congratulations to you all, I am so very excited, I just can't wait now! Smile

My husband just got a bonus at work and we were thinking...holiday or we could do something super sensible and decide to store our baby's stem cells. What do you guys think about it, have you looked into anything like that? Didn't know it even existed until I came across it in a forum. Looks to me like a good thing to do...if you have the money that is, but I'm still undecided.

Help! What do you think? The company I'm looking at is Cells4Life www.cells4life.com, looked at other companies too but that one seems to store more stem cells.

Any opinions on this would be greatly received!

Loves, Lily-Mai xxx
AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone how are you all doing?

So it must be scan time for everyone now how are they all going? Mine is on Wed and I really can't wait to see baby again!! Still planning on being team beige but am tempted to maybe find out as last time round we didn't.

My belly has definitely popped out in the last week or so and I've started to feel a few flutterings at last!!

Hope you all have a nice relaxing bank holiday weekend planned Very Happy

xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to:  

Community

Popular