January 2013 Birth Club

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies,

I had a great scan Very Happy I've posted a pic in the general pregnancy section. We have stayed team beige Very Happy

I hit the Asda baby event today, starting to stock up on nappies, and got a few other bits aswell.

OH felt kicks for the first time on Saturday, he was made up Laughing

Can't wait to hear about all the other scans going on.

Take care ladies xxx

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi how are you all doing?

I had my scan yesterday and it was so lovely to see baby again. All was fine and measuring right. I had to go to the scan on my own as oh half is working abroad this week which was a shame. Anyway I caved when they asked me whether I wanted to know the sex and we're having .............another boy!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Baby did flash us a full frontal view at our 12 week scan so we kind of had an idea but obviously that was quite early to tell for sure.

We've decided not to tell anyone what we're having so you lot are very privileged!!!

Who's up next for a scan??

I've also had to start yucky iron tablets as my levels are too low. I put the tiredness down to being pregnant and running around after an energetic toddler but apparently not!!

xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations AllyG on your scan and finding out you're team blue Very Happy

When are will you all be starting maternity leave (if you're not full time mummies already of course Smile ) Mine is in November, but got 3 weeks annual leave before, so finish at the end of October! I'm counting down already! Sad I know! Laughing

Hope we hear about more of your scans soon, and see which team we are all in. Do you think we should do a list of who is pink, blue or biege? Just an idea! xxx

Fluffy2
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
We're team blue too!!! I love knowing what we're having and can't wait to start spending!!!
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
Yay congrats fluffy!! Very Happy xxx

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Girlies!
Hope ur all doing well and glad ur scans went ok!
I had my 20 week scan and wanted to know the sex but the cord was between the babies legs!!!
So i thought about paying extra for another scan but i have decided to stay team beige and have a surprise! Smile
xx
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

I havent been on for ages! Glad to see all of ur scans have gone well.
Been so busy with work abd getting over my really sicky tired stage. Am now seeing a blood pressure consultant who is keeping an eye on me because of the pre eclampsia last time.
Have my 20 week scan next thurs and really excited about seeing baby again, it seems a long time since my 11 wk scan. Feeling the baby lots now which is lovely. Just very anxious about my health taking a turn for the worse again...fingers crossed it wont be so bad this time.

Im so tempted to find out the sex this time around but hubby is still saying no!
I think boy tho.

Planning on starting mat leave 21st dec, how many weeks preg will you guys be when you start?
xxx

saffy1984
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
...really struggling with baby names 2 for both sexes! Any favourites yet? x

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls how are you all doing?

Has anyone else been for their scan lately? Smile

All good here just trying to be super organised and am starting to think about Christmas shopping already!!! Eeek I never do it before Dec but decided this year the last thing I want to be doing is waddling round the shops 8 months pregnant!!

Been looking at toddler beds today as we are planning to move Finlay into a new bed once baby is ready for the cot. I did buy a new mattress today ready for baby as it was in the sale and some new sheets!! All very exciting!! Very Happy

Dohdoh - no maternity leave for me as I never went back to work after baby number 1 and so just got to plod on as a full time mummy!! The end of Oct is really not that far away for you!!! Very Happy

Saffy - we have no real idea of baby names. Kind of had a couple of girls name floating around from last time but since we are team blue now they won't be much good!! I always find boys names harder to think of than girls. Cool

xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies!

How are we all?

I've been suffering from really bad heartburn at the moment Sad I was awake at 2am the other morning and couldn't get to sleep until after 4am! I feel shattered today, all I want to do is sleep! Laughing

My next scan isn't until November, when I'll be 32 weeks. I've got the midwife a week Tuesday, seems ages since I last saw her!

I have a couple of names in mind, but OH is being a pain, and not talking about it as 'we've got loads of time' Evil or Very Mad I told him I'll go to register the baby on my own at this rate and I'll decide! Laughing

Are you all married? Just wondering if you are not how you decide whos surname the baby should take... My OH doesn't believe in marriage, and it's not an issue for me, as I said I'd rather children anyway. And he was fine with baby being under my surname, as my brother and his OH are having problems trying to conceive, and there's hardly any cousins etc that have got my surname left in the family. So, my OH was happy to carry on my family name, and his brother has got 2 children who have carried on his family name, and a brother yet to have children. Anyway, his family have started saying to my OH why it won't be under his surname and why he isn't 'bothered' by it, so at the moment the surname is abit up in the air aswell!

Part of me still doesn't feel as if this is reality yet, even though the baby is really active (most of the day at the moment!) So, I haven't even thought anymore about buying anything else! Shocked I need to get my backside into gear! Laughing

Take care ladies! xxx

dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:47 am 
Post subject:
It's been a bit quiet on here recently, how is everyone doing?xx

eme500
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Everyone,

this forum HAS been quiet. Hope all the scans went well.
We had our 20 week scan on the 20th Aug. Great to see the wee baby again but we also got a complete placenta previa diagnosis- well a comment from the Sonographer to say to her colleague that I had it and then sent on our way.

My MW referred us to the hospital a few weeks later for a consultant review where they did another scan and confirmed complete PP.
It wasnt great news but I guess it explained all the previous complications I had had.
Im now 26 weeks and glad to say there has been no issues since the diagnosis so we are really hoping it stays that way.
We should get a date for the c-section at our next scan and hospital appointment at 32 weeks. so not long to wait now.

Has anyone else had placenta issues?
x
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya hun

Did you find out if you were pink or blue??

I've got a low lying placenta, so I have got another scan at 32 weeks to see if it has moved or not, and then that will decide how I give birth I guess...

How are you feeling?
xx

eme500
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi DohDoh,

Yes we found out (I know a few of my friends use this forum too so dont want to give it away Very Happy )

Sorry to hear about your low lying placenta- fingers crossed it moves up and out of the way in time for your delivery.

The consultant wasnt too convincing when she said mine might move- and the sonographer said she doubts it will move because of its shape and coverage of the OS BUT there is still a chance. She did show us it on the scan and to be honest its got quite a way to go to get clear to avoid any problems but never say never.

I had a few bleeds early on (6,8 and 12 weeks) and was told my placenta was low but at 21 weeks and 24 weeks it was completely covering the OS but thankfully Ive had no further bleeds so thats good.

This is my second pregnancy and have to say I havent felt great this time round. First pregnancy went without a hitch. True what they say all pregnancies are different.

How are you keeping? x
dohdoh1984
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
Awww I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.

I'm ok, just feel exhausted! Laughing Be glad when I'm off work, then can focus on the bits for the baby.

Baby is quite active, I get so fascinated just sitting watching my belly move Laughing I love being pregnant! Very Happy xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to:  

Community

Popular