Night-time without nappy?

Hungry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:37 pm 
Post subject: Night-time without nappy?
Jack's fantastic at using the toilet and potty during the day, and I'm wondering if we should try going nappyless at night. However, his night nappy is currently always bulging in the morning. I wondered if this is because he's got one on, so uses it, and if he might use the toilet / potty at night if he didn't have one on? I've been asking him for weeks to come and tellme if he needs to wee during the night, but he never has. He occassionally has an afternoon snooze on the sofa, and doesn't tend to wet then (without nappy). Your thoughts please!
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
sorry i cant help but i got the same problem. around christmas sam started getting up and asking to go to the toilet in the night, so i changed to pull ups so she could go herself, we managed 3 nights, and nothing since. not even dry pull ups and she was having dry nappies before.

she has been dry at nap times from the start (bar a few occasions when she has woken up aas she has started to wee) so im thinking maybe i should leave pull ups off at night, but tbh i cant be dealing with changing sheets and clothes in the middle of the night!

could you go to pull ups (i use aldis own as they are much cheaper then huggies!) so he can take himself?

my friends little boy is nearly 4 and been dry in the day since 2 but has only just cracked night time.

Hungry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Steph - yes, we're using pull-ups, but he just doesn't show any interest in using them as pants at night. We only moved over to them as I hated having to lay him down like a baby to change him, when we're encouraging him to be a grown up! I'm the same re: sheets - enough to do with baby at night, so really can't be doing with changing his bed too.

Think I might try leaving the potty in his room to see if that'll help.
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I wouldnt try while he still has a full nappy in the morning if I were you! He might just need a bit longer to be dry at night. How much does he have to drink before bedtime?
Hungry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
Still has a little drink of milk before bed, but we've been reducing the amount gradually over the last few weeks. Think we'll leave it a little longer before trying nappyless - he's had enough changes to contend with the last few months than most kids have in a lifetime Laughing
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh, yeah, just noticed you have a new baby! Congratulations! Now probably not the time to change then!
toria12345
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
I was the same with my daughter. I wanted to try at night but she was always soaked in the morning. About 2 months ago, one night she said she didn't want to put a nappy on. I said ok and put towels under her sheets. For the first few weeks, she wet most nights but now she wets once a week, if that. I think she decided to do it on her own, coz she clicked on that babies wear nappies and she wanted to be a big girl.

toria12345
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
I was the same with my daughter. I wanted to try at night but she was always soaked in the morning. About 2 months ago, one night she said she didn't want to put a nappy on. I said ok and put towels under her sheets. For the first few weeks, she wet most nights but now she wets once a week, if that. I think she decided to do it on her own, coz she clicked on that babies wear nappies and she wanted to be a big girl.

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
i would wait until he has dry nappies in the morning. or atleastmost mornings.
Kieran decided last night he didnt want a nappy on so i let him n he was dry, but he had gone just over a week with dry nappies in the morning.
when i was potty trainign my eldest they had these pull ups which had pictures onwhich disappeared when they went for a wee, then he used to check and be so proud of himself in the mornign if the pictures were still there n he would get a sticker, then a week or so of dry pull ups n we took them off all together n he was fine Smile
i dont know if they still do these but they may be worth a go? xXx
abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
Izzy is like this and I think I'll have to just go with the wet bed (she's got a mattress saver so...!) as when she's gets up her pull ups are only a little bit full and they are often wet like she has just been. I think she goes in them because they're there. She's dry at nap time as well and we've taken away her nightime milk and give it to her much earlier now. Will wait until the summer holidays though! xx
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
i thort the same with my eldest she was potty trained during the day at 2.5 but still wore pull ups at night and she was always wet on a morning so i thought maybe its becasue she has the pull up on so she just wees in it coz its there. so i tried her without it and were unsuccesful so after 2 weeks of trying i put her back in pull ups. then wen she was 3.5 her pull ups were dry on a morning so we stopped using them and that was that she never wet the bed once.

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
just try and you might be surprised, my son was dry 3 days and so i tried him without a nappy on at night and he was perfect no accidents, i am starting to potty train my daughter and so far so good only two accidents in the day, but going to get them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular