LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:54 pm 
Post subject: nioclaoasis
hi nicola,

just wondered how amy is getting on?

georgia has recently had a review with her consultant and she suspects georgia is on the autistic specturm so she has refered her to be assesed to see whereabouts she is on the autistic specturm. so shes been referred to a communications clinc, educational physchologist and more in depth speech therapy.

NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
Aw god love her. Aimee is about the same as Georgia i think.

We seen her consultant last week and she has now officially referred her to be tested for autism but up here the waiting list between 14 and 16 months so we're not going to know anytime soon.

Aimee is doing well, she still struggles with communication but her language is getting better. She can say lots of single words now and is starting to put them together, things like " bye daddy , blue car, nice dog etc " but she still isnt communicating too well with words.

She has been given a place at a communication and language nursery from August which will help her loads, its 3 teachers plus a resident speech therapist and there will only be 6 kids so she will get loads of help. They reckon that if she does a year at that nursery then she should have her communication skills up to a standard that she will be able to cope with mainstream school.

its so worrying isnt it ? x
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
it is really worrying, its the nt knowing and nt knowing what the future holds.

Wow thats a long waiting list! How old is aimee? We wernt told how long the waiting list is but just told that it takes sum time so nt to expect anything to happen soon but i was defintly thinking she wud b asesed this year but nw im thinking maybe nt.

Iv been told that Georgia will probably attend a mainstream nursery with a one to one assistant although how she currently is i really dnt think thats possible she cant cope with a large group of children and at the moment shes become increasingly violent towards her sister, pulling chunks of hair out, kicking and hitting. But i know a lady whos son has special needs and shes told me about a mainstream school that has a nursery attatched to it for children with special needs. They hav a maximum number of 8 children and wen shes ready she cud move to the mainstream part of the school. So she told me to ask the educational physchologist about it and she will asess if she can go there. I Really hope she can go there as it will be a big weight off my mind and is only a 5 min walk frm Louises school.

Atm my dh is really struggling as hes at work he dusnt spend that much time with Georgia but wen he dus he cant communicate wiv her, even i find it difficult sum days.

Is aimee potty trained?

NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
Aimee likes being around other kids ( she wont communicate with them though )so that doesnt bother her but its 8 kids to one teacher in her current nursery so they dont have time to give Aimee the attention she needs, but they are amazing with her.

Aimee is 3 years and 5 months so a full year older than Georgia. It does get better i promise. Aimee was a complete nightmare from the day she turned 2 until she was 2 yrs 9 months.

David is like your oh and he works all the time so didnt really spent alot of time with Aimee and when he did, she would just scream at him, run away from him and she just couldnt deal with him being near her. It was really tough for him but we managed to get through that and now she loves spending time with him. So tell your oh that it does get better eventually, its hard though.
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
I hope she gets on well at her new nursery.

Im so glad 2 hear that it gets better. I love Georgia so much but sum days are very hard and i look forward for bedtime and wonder how im goin 2 get thru the nxt day.

Its reasuring David was the same. Georgia loves her dad and calls him all the time so once she can communicate better i dnt think Ill get a look in wen hes home.

NicolaOasis
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
Its bloody hard work eh ? I still look forward to bedtime, best time of the day Smile

I think men just generally find it harder with these kind of things of things but your oh will get there. David struggled for a while but it all falls into place cxx
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
yes it is very hard work and i dont think ppl on the outside really understand.

keep me informed on aimees progress and when she will be assesed.

NicolaOasis
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
Will do and keep me updated on Georgia xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular