bedtime routine

jillylily85
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:50 am 
Post subject: bedtime routine
does anyone have any bedtime routines they could share with me times etc?? be great ro hear what other mums do
jillylily85
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
anyone??
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
How old is your lo because that makes a big difference. Jamie goes to bed at 7 now but when he was tiny it was much later. Now we come in from nursery, he watches in the night garden and has a little play,he has a bottle and goes to bed. We're trying to include a bedtime story but his just not interested

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
My baby is 11 months, his routine has been the same for around 8 months. He gets in pj's around 6pm (has bath first every other night), plays til 6.30, then we tidy up and he watches the end of night garden with his sleepy teddy bear, 7pm milk downstairs, then we go up, brush teeth, into sleeping bag, read story, say prayer and into bed. I always kiss his forehead and say good night, see you in the morning, love you, then leave and he falls asleep.
jillylily85
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
my baby is only 9 weeks, but wanted to try and start routine early.

I have been staying up till 11.00pm and giving him a bath every night and then a feed and he has been sleeping most of the night most nights.

However tonight i changed things and gave him tummy time in the evening about 6.30/7.00 small nap then baby massage once awake then bath! bottle for 8.30 and i thought that he would just go to sleep like normal but no he is still wide awake and not wanting to go in his bed

Do you think it is just change of routine? im a bit upset cause i thought it would work Sad
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
my son is 2years old, and he goes to bed at 7pm with a bottle and i read him a story, and he goes to sleep til 7am.
where my daughter goes to sleep when she wants to, she does not understand fully what bedtime is,

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
With Sophia, we started a routine from about 6 weeks of bath, massage, get dressed, story (although this was omitted at times between then and about 9 months, depending on her and her interest), bf, cuddle and bed. we aimed for about 7ish i think for her to be in her cot by.

We now do similar now we have two, aiming for both of them to be settled by half sevenish (though doesnt always work out!) Although we dont massage either anymore and with josh he has only had a story a couple of times but other than that, as above, oh and soph no breast feed!

Mandy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular