Demanding 3 month old bubba

kelchatters
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:28 pm 
Post subject: Demanding 3 month old bubba
Hiya,

I just wanted a little bit of advice/direction.

My little boy is 13 weeks old, and a happy little boy as soon as someone talks to him always smiling, cooing etc! however when I am at home it's a different story i put him on his playmat but as soon as I walk out the room to maybe do something in kitchen or go loo he is crying/screaming, can't get him to enjoy playmat, swing etc.

As I say a happy little boy, but struggling when I am at home. Does anyone else have this? how do you deal with it?

My mum said let him cry 5 mins and get on with what you are doing. However I just think he would keep going. I am from a pretty big family so when I am at parents he is suurounded by people and probably centre of attention, which isn't helping at home when I am on my own

At 3 months I feel it's too young to keep letting him go on crying. However sometimes he just won't settle.

I am a first time mum, so no idea how to deal with this,

xxxxxx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
i had similar with my daughter, i used to put her in her bouncer in front of the tv, or in the kitchen with me and would put some music on.

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have much advice for you but just wanted you to know your not alone George is the same. Read my post in General Chat and you'll see. It's bloody hard isn't it. People always say what a good baby when we're out and I'm like yeah as long as he has constant stimulation.

Everyone keeps saying it does get better so it blinkin better do!

Hope it helps to know your not the only one.
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Many thanks for the replies Very Happy

Claire - Had a look at your post and it's totally the same situation, if we are out he is fine, but it's when we are at home. I have been to buy him one of those door bouncers to put by kitchen door so he can be in whilst I am in kitchen etc.

I also have 2 friends that have babys a week older and a week younger. They are always making everything out to be perfect, when sometimes I am pulling my hair out.

One of my friends even said the otehr day 'I feel like I have this really cracked now and know what she wants' made me feel terrible when Max is nearly 4 months and I am still running round like a headless chicken some days.

It's nice to know it's not just me that feels like this! YOu start to feel bad don't you!!

xxxx
missmx5
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I know how you are feeling, have things gotten any better?

Sebastian has been constant hard work since he was born, even now at 10 1/2 months im still struggling with him.

Again when he is out and about he is he is all smiles, babbles away to everyone, waves and everyone says what a happy little baby he is. However in the house as soon as i leave the room he starts screaming, I dont get five minutes to do any thing, it got to the point where I did have to let him scream while I was busy, but that makes no difference he still does it. The only thing i can say is now that he has become more independant he has become a bit better, but now he just follows me around and gets under my feet, and still gets a bit annoid if im doing other things. He is very demanding.

People think i am lying when i tell them that he has been a nightmare. My advice is try and take he out a lot and maybe when you have things to do, get someone to watch him like your mum or someone. I let things get on top of me but now my mum takes he 1 day a week and i can get on with some house work and get a rest from the screaming.

Hope things are better for you.x
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Awww thank you for he reply.

No he isn't really any better Sad he started off the model baby then changed overnight. We are both from big familys so think he is used to lots of attention!!! When we are out, at my parents etc he is great however in doors he is such a handful bless him!!!! This morning I thought I was going to explode hehehe..... He was constantly crying as soon as I left the room, dosen't help he is teething as well. He is fussing quite a bit, waking up again at night etc!!!!

Guess I just need to go with it at the mo, he is worth all the moaning Very Happy

xxxxxx
missmx5
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
lol, I didnt realise babies could be such hard work, when sebastian is having a good day he is brillant and i love him to bits it makes the hard days worth it. x
Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular