Pregnancy with unknown location & methotrexate

kittykat25
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:56 am 
Post subject: Pregnancy with unknown location & methotrexate
Hi ladies.
Just wanting some advise really . Found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago after conceiving on my honeymoon. ( I was due on 3 days later & silly didn't think I'd fall pregnant) but I did so anyways I went on the mon for my hcg levels & they were at 120 then on wed 303 ( I've had 4 m/c's so they look after me quite well) so although this baby wasn't planned we finally thought this pregnancy was going well as my levels have never rose properly before even with my little boy (20 months old) I had progesterone to help substain pregnancy till 12 weeks. So we were getting really excited so the following week being this mon just gone I went for a scan at Epau & they couldn't find anything Sad so the did hcg bloods again as maybe I was a little earlier than I thought ( which I knew I wasn't I was 5 wks 1 day) so she said they needed to be at least 1200 by now . Well it was 2000 so she called me straight into hospital on the mon night as she said that with hcg levels that high they should def be able see pregnancy in the womb so she was worried about ectopic. Well they couldn't find where it's growing. Couldn't confirm if it's in tube or on ovary but said its def not in the womb so they kept me in & did hcg again on wed an it was 37500 . So it's still rising but only by about 40% so they offered me methotrexate Sad as they said they could do laparoscopy but they might miss it & if in tube they'd then have to remove the whole thing where as this way they can end the pregnancy & save my tube. I know this is a better way then if I lost my tube but I'm devastated. I really wanted this baby. They gave me the injection on thurs so now I just have to sit & play the waiting game. They said it takes 4 days just to start working Sad I never realised it was such a long drawn out process & in the mean time I still have be really careful incase it does rupture before the injection starts to work. Im 6 weeks today an feel so empty inside . I have to go for hcg bloods 2moz an then on wed but it won't be till then if they know the injection is working. This is awful an if there's only 1 outcome I just wish it would hurry up so I can deal with it. Plus the risk of damage to my tube or ovary is very similar to that if I'd had surgery! I don't know if I'm being irrational but I wish I'd had the op at least that way it would be over Sad

Has anyone been through this or anything similar ?
I just feel so alone & really confused x
Baby bean at 4 weeks on 13/2/2012
Baby Paris at 6 weeks 5 days on 9/5/12
lysianassa
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi kittykat,

First of all, I'm really sorry that its taken so long for anyone to come back to you.

I'm also very sorry about you having an ectopic. I had one last year and I cannot put into words how I felt - it felt as though when they took my baby out of me they ripped a large chunk out of my heart. Even now, I still feel as though it hasn't grown back.

Have you had both injections now? I can't offer any advice regarding the Methotrexate because I had to have my entire right tube surgically removed. I know several of the girls on here have had ectopics, some have had the injection, others the surgery. I'm surprised they gave you the injection with your hcg levels at 37500 - the consultant wouldn't give it to me when my levels were just over 3000. And yes, I suppose in one way surgery is easiest because after a few cycles you can start trying again, with the injection you have to wait 6 months I think to make sure all the poision is out of your system.

It's a devastating time at the moment, and nothing I can say will take the pain away, especially when it was a baby you wanted. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but there will come a time when the pain doesn't consume your very soul, and you begin to look to the future. I swore that it would never happen to me, but I think it was last month, about 6 months after my ectopic that it felt as though I could breathe again, and I began to be able to talk to people about the baby I lost without bursting into tears.

With ectopic pregnancies, in my view, you have to remember to look after yourself, give yourself time to heal. The scars on the outside can heal pretty quickly but the scars inside are a very different matter. Even if you only go through the motions of looking after yourself, you are beginning to look to the future.

But don't ever feel like you're alone. Several of us have been in the same situation, but each having to deal with the same outcome - the loss and devastation of losing our babies in the most horrific way.

Mere words are not enough to give you solace but remember we are always here for you. Sending you a big virtual hug.

3girliesandababyboy
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,
I really cant offer any advise at all but wanted you to know that i am so sorry you're having to go through this Sad and i hope with all my heart that you get the baby you really want in the not too distant future. Take Care of yourself x

m/c May 2012
m/c September 2012
m/c October 2012
kittykat25
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies thank you both for your replies.
Lysianassa- I'm so sorry you have been through the heartache of an ectopic & lost your tube that must of been an horrendous time . I hope u are ok,
My story gets worse Sad on Sunday last week I was sent to get my hcg bloods done as it was day 4 after the injection anthem wanted to see a drop or them stay the same the hope being that they would drop on day 7, well they rang me back on Sunday night & said I had to come straight in as thry'd rose to over 11000, so the injection Hadn't worked. So they took me me put me on a drip & I was nill by mouth as they thought they have to operate in the morn but they were going to scan me again first. Well along came Monday morn & good news it wasn't ectopic as they found it in my womb? I couldn't get my head round it all. But it wasn't the size it should be an they said they couldn't see a baby just a sac so they called it a blighted ovum? Or a missed misscarriage? But my levels were still rising so i dont get it. So now they offered me the tAblet to make me misscarry . I took 1 tablet on mon then had to go back on wed to have the second lot , on the wed the first lot of tabs didn't work but the second lot did I ended up on morphine I was in that much pain . I spent the day there so they could monitor me & then they sent me home that night. I have to go back on wed to have more bloods done to check hcg levels are falling & extra bloods done because of the injection.
I feel completely empty & have no idea what to do with myself.
I keep thinking is it all the hospitals fault & did they just miss it first time round & because they'd gave me the injection is that why the baby never developed? & are they calling it a blighted ovum to cover their tracks, I know I'm thinking irrationally. It's just how confused I feel. I can't believe I'm not pregnant anymore. I've even had to come off Facebook as I can't handle seeing all the ladies that are pregnant on there.
I know I've been here so many times before but I just don't see how I'm gonna get through this x
Baby bean at 4 weeks on 13/2/2012
Baby Paris at 6 weeks 5 days on 9/5/12
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Sad so sorry hun I have only just seen this...
sounds like the hospital is at fault.. once your hcg is OVER 3000 it is common knowledge that the mexy injection may not work.. what they should have down was take you into surgery and done a laparoscopy, least then they would have been able to locate the pregnancy.. yes you may well have lost your tube.. but at least thats the op side over and done with and you are safe!! .. emotionally it takes longer to heal..
I had my ectopic in 2010 and my right tube was removed I the got pregnant 2 more times but had an m/c at 5 weeks 5 days both times... so it is possible to get pregnant with one tube.. Smile ...
looking at how many m/c you have had you should have been investigated after 3 losses..
as i wonder if you are having tubal abortions not m/c.. this is similar to an ectopic but it dissolves itself and doesnt need to be removed.. sending you ((HUGS)) let me know how you are XX
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

What a devastating time you have had. I would definitely make sure the hospital looks into what they did as its not on.

I lost my tube in Nov 2010 and its only when I look back now and realise how slow they were to act that I regret not making a complaint.

I would like to give you hope though and say that I have since conceived and have a beautiful baby boy using just the one tube.

Terri xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular