Gripe water

Aleishasmam
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:41 pm 
Post subject: Gripe water
What age can this be giving to babies? My little lady is 4 weeks on Thursday and has really bad colic.
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
you can give it from 4 weeks, but iv heard a few people say its been withdrawn

Clairebear30
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 pm 
Post subject:
4 weeks im sure, but my sil used it before that on advice from hv as her boy had terrible colic - check with ur hv

Ref availibility - after looking into it like others for months!!! Basically woodwards which is main brand stopped distribution due to licencing paperwork - its meant existing supplies in shops dried up a 2 months ago at least. Then boots own version became hot hot hot as substitute - hence zero to be found!

But this past week i found lots in two of my local boots, plus i know another boots nearby had them too so think boots kickstarted a big production overdrive - if its not on the shelves jusr keep checking each time ur in n u will get lucky - i got 4 the other day which should do us till issy is past the wind

Good luck x
Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:29 am 
Post subject:
My daughter had colic and the only thing that worked was coilef drops, expensive but they really do work.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:02 am 
Post subject:
Green82 wrote:
My daughter had colic and the only thing that worked was coilef drops, expensive but they really do work.

these worked for us, but my hv gave them on prescription. last time i looked they were 12 a bottle, which only used to last us a week!

Green82
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:18 am 
Post subject:
Well we actually got it free under the minor ailment scheme in Scotland....it was 10 a bottle a few yrs ago and we too went through a bottle a week!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular