wont lent me change her bum.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:59 pm 
Post subject: wont lent me change her bum.
This past week Belle ha had full blown tantrums everytime ive tried to change her bum.
She just screams when she hears me saying its time to change her.

It takes me ages to get her to lie down in the first place,if im not quick enough at getting her old one off shes up and off again. I have to basicaly pin her down to do it.
She wriggels all over the place when im trying to put her new one on and wont lay still.

The whole time this is happening shes screaming histerically and will kick or smack me.

Anyone elses lo done this?

Is it just a thing they go through?

Im finding it very difficult and upsetting to see her like this.
Please help.

KathG
Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
my neice is the same - she is a little older than your LO (she turn two last Jan). She is terrible will cry and kick and run away - not really sure why she does it. I personally think she just finds it boring and doesnt want her fun and playtime interupted. She doesnt do it all the time just some. We say to her "let me change your nappy and then we will ..... do something she likes - normally this works but with your LO being younger she might not be able to understand that. Luckily my sister is going to start potty training in the next month or two so we wouldnt have to cope with it for much longer. I think Bella is prob just trying to assert her opinion and make her voice herd - good luck hopefully she will soon realise screaming kicking etc doesnt get her anywere and she still has to get her nappy changed. xx

[/url]
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Maisie is sometimes like this Rolling Eyes . . I've found the best thing is to use pullups so she can step in and out of them. I tell her she can be a big girl and put the princess pants on Laughing . she won't lie down for nappy change most of the time except bedtimes but the pullups are good compromise. I think its partly due to wanting to be independant and also being more aware of their bodies and getting close to potty training.
Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
OMG - how I relate to this lol. Kimberley is 10 and a half months old and we already have this problem Rolling Eyes We try everything...talking/singing to her, giving her lots of toys/things to distract her and putting on her favourite DVD - but sometimes, there is just nothing we can do apart from let her scream Embarassed It usually takes two people when she's in one of those moods. It's horrible and we dread changing her nappy as we never know how she will react Laughing The nice thing is, once it's over, it's all forgotten and she gives us a big cuddle and carries on playing. Just a stage she's going through I hope but breaks my heart seeing her so upset/frustrated Wink x

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 am 
Post subject:
Jamie's like this. He just wants to continue with what his doing. His not so bad at nursery because they have him up on a changing table but at home we often have to pin him down

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:39 am 
Post subject:
I've had this with a few of mine and had to resort to letting them stand up for nappy changes, seemed to solve the problem of them screaming but makes it harder for you Rolling Eyes Laughing
i did try pull ups but if they're still pooing in them then you have to rip the sides open anyway or you have a disaster on your hands (poo all down legs, poo getting stepped in etc. Shocked )so in the end I just used ordinary nappies but did the changes with them standing Smile xx
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Yeah I've tried letting Jamie stand. It makes it a bit easier but his never still so you have to chase him around to do it Laughing

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
you can also try fastening the sides of a nappy first and letting her step in - so like a pull up but easier take off !
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter is 13months old and she will not let me change her nappy,

Ellasanti
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
My daugher Sophie (20 months) is like this. Some times are worse than others but she can get really upset and have full blown tanturms when I change her nappy. I don't think she likes her playtime interupted and is probably a sign that she's ready for potty training!!! Think it must be just something they go through. Good luck.xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular