How long did it take you?

lyn53lyn
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject: How long did it take you?
Hi Ladies just looking for a bit of advice really, I have been potty training my little boy (2 1/2 years) for one week exactly since day three he has only had one accident each day. I keep asking him if he needs to go and trying him on the toilet/potty regularly and he pees and poos no problem. Only thing is he never tells me he needs to go. If i leave the potty he will just go and use it if naked and also the big toilet if the step thing is on but as soon as he has clothes on he forgets to go and wont ask. He knows how to pull his pants/trousers down and up.
I have taken him out (three hours at a time) and no accidents but not sure how best to move on from this stage, how long does it usually take etc?

Hope you can give me some ideas

Many thanks

Lynne
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
We have just successfully toilet trained my little girl in about 3 weeks. From what you have said he is doing exceptionally well for his age. So I can only say keep doing what your doing about week 2-3 he will take ownership of it all and want to be more independent as they soon get tird of mummy and daddy asking them if they need to go all he time lol.

Sue x
lyn53lyn
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks sue, had a really rubbish day today he was having accident after accident and every time I tried to speak to him about it he was running away! It's soooo frustrating oh well tomorrow's another day!

Thanks again for the help!

Lynne

Jump to:  

Community

Popular