Laproscopic/Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation - chromotubation

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 am 
Post subject:
If this op is anything like the laps then I was fine right afterwards Question i make a point of always telling the aneasthetist that i get sick with generals so they give you anti sickness meds so the last two I've felt fine Very Happy , up and about within an hour, you can be very bloated from the gas they use so the first night can be uncomfortable, windeze tablets help Laughing and you can feel wiped out from the aneasthetic , but a good nights sleep sorted me out,then it's just a bit if bruising which comes up a few days after , but i was back driving within 5 days after my reversal and 2 days with the laps Smile (I don't work at the moment but could have gone back after a week with the reversal (as I felt totally normal) or just a few days after the laps, as long as there's no heavy lifting but honestly the cuts are tiny , and if you get a choice the glue heals better than stitches Smile as far as sex , after my reversal i was told as soon as we felt ready which was 5 days later Embarassed Laughing and if things go to plan I should be ovulating about a week after this procedure so will be going for it again Laughing I've been given a pre op date for the end of september and my ops the end of October (feels like forever away Rolling Eyes Laughing ), with my second lap i had the pre op at the appointment where i was told I could have the lap and got a cancellation 2 days later Shocked Laughing so it's good to have the pre op now in case they can get you in sooner, don't know how a cancellation would work for me as i haven't had the pre op Question Laughing
Its hard not to think about it isn't it , i only have one tube as well so i keep thinking that reduces my chances of them being able to do anything, and the waitings a killer , I hope you get a date soon Smile xx
LHC
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:58 am 
Post subject: LAP DYE HYSTEROSCOPY CANNULATION
Hi Nat
Thanks..
I have had a GA before and was fine...I wondered about the GAS bit...so will get those windeze tablets..lol...pre op appt this thursday...will mention about going on a cancellation list if so...and then see what happens...

I understand that you have had two lap and dyes and one tube removed...why did they remove your tube..
.were u getting a tubal reversal after sterilisation...and did you do a HSG privately...?
did they ask you before removing your tube...? as after my HSG the radiographer said that a simple op could cure this but then not really simple is it..its still an operation..I will take time out from work then as I drive to work...as long as i recover fine...good about after five day thing...i can resume to normal antics...and see...well ive got two tubes one blocked proximal and one distal im not sure if they will sort out the block at the end...i hear they have micro siccors but the consultant did not mention that so will ask at the pre op i understand about the cannulation bit that all makes sense..i came across some fuse wire at home and thought ewww this is it..lol..the wire...but it was so tiny...im sure i wont even notice...did they give u a reason why your tube is blocked..i have a feeling mine was due to the coil although no one admits it..but it can be mucosal...eww...yes its hard to try not to think about it...imnot sure what my plan b is if this does not work...but will cross that bridge if so...anyw way on a positive note...its possible to get pregnant with one tube as you know...google it there are many stories...u must have done that already...so it takes longer due to ovulating on different sides i think...but hopefully it will all be fine in the end...x thanks..x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:31 am 
Post subject:
I stupidly agreed to be sterilised whilst being prepped for an emergency c section with my son, biggest mistake of my life, total moment of madness Sad
So 8yrs we finally were in a position to pay for a reversal privately(7/8/10), found out a couple of days before that I'd actually been cauterised and not tied as i was told and during the reversal it turned out that my right tube was badly damaged and stuck together and also stuck to the wall of my abdomen Rolling Eyes he still tried to salvage it but couldn't get any dye through so he removed it,
we hadn't actually discussed removal but he thought if he left it then it would just reattach somewhere and maybe cause pain, my left tube at that point was perfect, about 6cms long (they're normally 10 or so ) and the dye went through well Smile my left ovary though had been tangled in the tube before the op and since then i almost always seem to ov on the right Question
after 6 months with no luck i went to the GP and got an NHS referral and had a HSG in march 2011 , I was told no fill or spill on the left Sad was gutted as it was only 7 months after my reversal Sad
had the first lap on NHS to check in may 2011 (as the HSG report was full of inconsistencies) which showed bizzarly that my tube stump on the right had spill Rolling Eyes Laughing but still nothing seemed to be going into the left one, at this point was told huge ectopic risk and any pregnancy would be 100% ectopic Sad
So i got in touch with my reversal cons who did second lap on the NHS in the november 2011, to close the stump and also check out the tube as he felt it was strange the block was proximal rather than at the op site Question
During this lap he discovered an adhesion on my left tube which was pulling it far over to the left, too far from my right ovary to have been able to grab the eggs which probably explains why no BFP before the tube blocked Rolling Eyes (first doc missed that I even commented to her on the photos she showed me that the tube looked stretched out and far away from my ovaries Question )
Upshot of all this was tube still no fill or spill, but inside never checked, no real reason given for blockage, possible scarring but in wrong place Question could be mucous plug Question or even endo although there was no sign of endo Question and told will have to be IVF if you want a baby Shocked
So i did my own research and found out about cannulation and asked for a referral at my post op check in jan this year , and Dr Seif agreed so FX that with the adhesion removed and if they can unblock mytube we might actually be in with a chance, but i'm too scared to really let myself hope it might work after 2 yrs of nothing .
The fact theres never been any fill is making me hope it could just be a mucus plug or something simple though rather than scar tissue Smile
Its a bit frustrating its taken 2yrs to get to this point though as I do feel that the referral could have been done after the HSG, after all whats the point in doing a lap if you're not going to do anything about what you find Question
(and the first doc admitted she wasn't even confident enough to close the tube stump and my reversal doc told me shes under investigation by the GMC for misconduct Shocked for something else )
I was told if your remaining tube is mobile and a good length then it can grab an egg from either ovary Shocked so even with just one you have the same chance every month Smile so FX thats true , this op is a bit more comlicated than a lot of the US women have, as they often have it done during an HSG with no aneasthetic and maybe just a sedative Shocked but I was told it's best to do it this way and with all the cameras as then they can see exactly whats happening and if say they did spot any adhesions etc. on your tubes or uterus they can just snip them away as well at the same time,and they can see as well for sure if the dye comes out of the ends and how good the flow is Very Happy the doc said think of it as a full mot and service Shocked Laughing
FX it works for both of us Smile xx
LHC
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:58 am 
Post subject: ok..!
wow you have been through quite alot ...OMG...and I hope now the NHS can rectify this as you should have been sorted out on the first lap and dye...and I thought the scan can tell whats going on and the HSG shows images..BUT you are quite right if its a mucus plug or something..then you are on your way there to being where you wanna be pregnant..!

On my HSG it showed Left tube filled but did not spill and right tube did not fill at all, problem is the right tube may have a block at the end as the left is blocked at the end so here we go....i am hoping they sort that out along with the cannulation then both tubes will be unblocked...apparently the way forward is IVF but hats off to us both for trying the more simple cost friendly way...LOL..I am hopeful for you..you have got this far..and doctors are not always right there are miracles that happen...so your other base line tests are fine so you should be okay...hoping the same for moi..i did read an article which you may have read too will try to forward the link about cannulation and how a woman age 42 had ivf attempts which failed but had the cannulation and hey presto she got pregnant.....also some articles I have read for indian doctors in india show that cannulation is not being given an option they opt straight to IVF so the success rate can not be monitored, although I know they carry out this procedure in india......

Im just taking each step as it comes..and seing out of interest what is your hormone profile

mine aged 42 is LH AND FSH 4.2 AND DAY 21 PROGESTERONE 42.1 AND NORMAL SCAN..PERIODS USUALLY 29 DAYS APART AND AM HAVING REGULAR s e x so come on tubes...unblock ..lol...
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
I had the day 3 test LH was 5 ,FSH was 4 ,oestrogen normal range, never had the progesterone done as my reversal cons said as i got a temp rise after ov (I was BBT charting then) i didn't really need it to confirm ov, but I wish i had as a number would have been nice Question Laughing My cycle was very regular at 30/31 days but messed up a bit from the stress of TTC and went to 27-36 days the first year Shocked but has now settled to 28-30 Very Happy and no real issues with OH his SA came back as normal and we have two children together (10 and 12) although he has now got a cyst on one of his sperm tubes which may or may not be reducing his sperm count (they wont do another SA unless i'm considered fertile Rolling Eyes Laughing )but I just keep telling myself that it only takes one sperm Cool Laughing
My HSG was done at another hospital and the doc only got a 3 line report and no pics, I saw the screen though and there was no fill at all Question , not even to the op site, the doc who did it said he thought it might have been a spasm Question which is pretty common and a lot of proximal end blockages on HCG turn out to be spasms Question but then on the report i think he got me mixed up with someone else as it said 2/3 rds fill both tubes Question when i only have one tube Question Laughing so the first lap was done to see what was going on really Smile
i suppose if this op does work then the chances are better than IVF as my reversal cons said as you age your eggs struggle with the IVF processes (something to do with the outer shell Question )and are less likely to survive after fertilisation so your body is the best place for them and your chances of acheiving a pregnancy naturally could well be higher than with IVF Very Happy Question you certainly get more goes anyway Laughing
Which is why i went for the reversal over IVF as we only had the money for one, my GP said my case should have qualified for reversal on the NHS as I had never had sterilisation discussed with me before that night and I never would have agreed to it if I hadn't been under so much pressure (prem baby, hubby not there and off my head on something they put in the drip Rolling Eyes )but because that was done in Germany through a hospital used by the forces she said they'd just say it wasn't their problem Rolling Eyes
I think India is a special case though because they still have a lot of TB which can cause serious tubal damage so if thats a factor then cannulation might not be the best method Question
but for us proximal end blockage types FX it works Very Happy and I rather give it a shot and know I did everything i could as we've decided not to go on to IVF so this really is our last shot Smile
I hope they manage to sort out your other tube as well it could perhaps be adhesions which they can get from the lap site ? They can be pretty common and sometimes they're so fine (like spider webs ) they can only see them during an op and they dont show up on scans etc. xx
LHC
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:44 pm 
Post subject: Still thinking about my blocked tubes
Hello
After going to work town eating n cleaning up and even chilling a bit watching tv the tubes remain prominent rather the blocked tubes lol my oh is making me a cuppa I just researched natural ivf and was quite surprised I liked the idea the place that does it has an open day next sat I may go also I still want my tubes clear but suddenly became excited at the thought of natural ivf it's just under 3 k I suppose sub consciously it's plan b incase plan a doesn't work by Xmas ...omg about asking to be sterilised when u were out of it compensation claims spring to mind after reading your whole history anyway other half is eagerly waiting for me to explain what I'm doing
Surprised Very Happy Very Happy
LHC
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:59 pm 
Post subject: God send
So after explaining to oh how helpful this site and mostly your topic heading and experience in this whole topic he agreed the Internet is a good tool anyway about last chance never say never we are in the same boat so really wishing we make it thru think positive and thanks for your replies they are really helpful gnite Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:39 am 
Post subject:
The natural or mini IVF does look good doesn't it ? I did look at IVF last summer after the first lap , and it was something we considered but then all the clinics seemed to be in london which is too far for us , i know a few Ladies on here have gone abroad for treatment as well and i got a quote for normal IVF from a czech clinic for just under £3,000 inc ICSI and going to blast which are both extras over here Shocked a Lady who used them has just had twins and i'm sure she's about 41 now Question
We were told at the time by the army midwives we should have sued them but with our son in special care and the op recovery i wasn't up to it plus i thought at the time whats the point it wont change anything Question , by the time I found out that I could have a reversal so it would have at least paid for that it was too late .
but you live and learn and hopefully we will both get our tube/s unblocked and get that BFP without having to spend any more money Very Happy
If not though then private IVF is so quick Shocked you could still have a BFP in just a matter of weeks after your op Smile xx
LHC
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:22 am 
Post subject:
Hello
Just to update I had my pre op and bloods taken today, they have said it will be around 12 weeks time around October so will wait, need to do another blood test 3-5 days before and then follow the normal GA procedures etc once I get instructions on the operation date.

I asked the nurse various questions, they do the dissolvable stiches which dissovle in about seven days ! then recovery time is 1-2 weeks she said and there will be three small cuts in the abdomen !

The nice thing was she said have u started to take folic acid yet i said no...she said well do start i know your tubes are blocked but if u do get pregnant it is very important for the babies development etc I said yes will be taking mine soon. I also said I am thinking of having some more private tests done before this op she said no..leave it until after and six weeks after the op the consultantant will go in more detail she did also say that tubal surgery does have success rates and knows women that have got pregnant but did not have a percentage but that was good enough to know for me...hence im having this op...and then she was like who will pick u up after the op etc...so I am mentally prepared for it..been watching utube videos on it and then will see....I may also go to the natural ivf place as they have open days but not in a rush..one step at a time...I think you may have your op before me...so lets see how it goes...keep me updated...and yes she did say if they find any thing enlse wrong they will sort it she said ur profile hormonal is good for your age but not as good as when u were 20 obviously but its a good start...will get my vits and macca and hope for the best..im suprised its just us with blocked tubes on here..! lol I MEANT TO SAY US TWO ON HERE HAVING THIS PROCEDURE...LOL

PS JUST NOTED YOUR DTE FOR THE CANNULATION great.............and yes FX for summer babies...!! x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah mines the end of October Laughing so could be around the same time , good idea with the folic acid etc. as it can take 3 months to have maximum effect, thats why I started making sure I was taking all mine again now .
My pre op is at the end of september so still a while off ,it's good to hear the nurse knew some stuff about the op though as i have a lot of questions when i go but expected the staff to not be able to answer them Laughing
Does it seem more real for you now ? xx
LHC
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:41 pm 
Post subject: LAP DYE HYSTEROSCOPY CANNULATION
Hi it does seem real now and I am looking forward to it to say at least I tried..the rest will be a total blessing...

anyway...
I had lots of questions written down and the nurse had my appt letter I said ohh i have some questions to answer she said OH I KNOW IVE SEEN THEM !!! so i was thinking hello its your job..but then she explained everything and said she was a fertility nurse but not anymore so was aware of things, she gave me the leaflets all but a cannulation one ! so she said they h ave no leaflets for that..LOL..although it is written down...on the form..also this is what i forgot to tell you

when they do the op they will push the dye in at a greater force than the hsg dye as I will be sedated under GA so that may clear the blockages at the bottom once the cannulation is done if not he will look into it with more instruments as i said I do not want to be half left so hoping it all goes well..

useful info : for the gas aftereffects peppermint cordial from tesco
painkillers at home also tthe surgeon puts a wash down the tubes once finished to help prevent scarring and also more google info shows as u said that this procedure should be given to patients who have blockages proximal...and NO OTHER FERTILTY ISSUES...i suppose hormones etc so that gives me a good indication...if my right tube is just blocked from the top then the bottom may be unblocked if they can have a look and the left tube is blocked fromthe bottom so they sshould hopefully sort that...no other issues I have...

I just need to lose a bit of weight and kep fit so that recovery time is better ...I am feeling excited and hopeful its difficult going through something unknown like this...also im thinking that after this if they want to give me medication to ensure I ovulate and egg health is okay i think clomid they should...but so far i do not know...and after the six week after check I prob will have more questions..right now its best to relax about the issue and take things as they come...there is nothing more I can do right now and stress will not help...its lovely to think summer baby...that would be a total blessing...I think I will just stay positive and not lose hope and wish the same for you...as I said the article I read was a women age 42 who managed to get pregnant after cannulation and failed IVF attempts..the success rates are the same..in those who have normal hormone profiles...so isnt that GOOD NEWS...iM NOT SURE what to tell work but something along the lines nearer the time of gynae surgery..well...action plan

get my vits this weekend...and we still need to do a private sperm test for my OH somewhere in London as the internet one my consultant did n ot trust ...lol..but I know its a goo site..so another 100 or so pounds out of the bank..the nhs tests have ridicoulous long timing the PRIVATE sperm test is no hassle...but its just him finding time from work...and how to explain that..LOL..well fingers crosse ...xx Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:19 am 
Post subject:
My OH had a NHS sperm test done before my reversal, and it was very quick ? i got a form and a pot from the GP and he rang up and arranged it and then the results were back 2 days later (some areas seem to be about a week though) i know quite a few ladies on here who had NHS ones and they were all pretty quick , so it might not be as tricky as you think, it would save £100 too Smile
I know the dye alone won't do the trick for me as they do it under high pressure during the laps,although they can't see where its going exactly and all that happens for me is that my right tube stump opens up Rolling Eyes Laughing as the last doc who referred me said often the dye will try to go one way rather than the other Rolling Eyes and one side could also be prone to spasms which will make it harder for the dye to go in, but with them actually using the camera and the cannular and the wire with this Op they can see exactly where the end of the tube is and make sure the cannular goes into it and give the blocked tube a good "drain rodding " Shocked Laughing then they're more likely to be able to remove any obstacles ,he said it's like the difference between filling a bath with water when the plughole is blocked ,all the water might just stay in, and getting a pressure washer and shooting the water down the drain, chances are then the blockage will move Laughing my only fear is that it could be a tough bit of scar tissue that won't budge Shocked as I have had my tube operated on Question
But it's good to hear that they flush the tube out with something to help stop scarring afterwards Very Happy
I've watched videos too and on one the woman had also had previous laps to try and unblock her tubes , with no success but it took literally seconds with the guide wire and then the dye ran through no problem Shocked , so it does reassure me a bit that there is a chance it can work Very Happy
St Marys had no leaflets either, in fact the registrar who came back and told me i could have the op had to admit she'd never heard of it Shocked good job it's not her who's doing it then Laughing
I got windeze after my reversal and laps, can stomach the peppermint stuff makes me gag Shocked Laughing but moving about seems to help most, the worst bit is the shoulder tip pain I found which i didn't really expect , but even that is definately worth it if this Op works Laughing
I'm with you on the weight loss, my weights crept up to the point that i wouldn't be happy to start off a pregnancy at this point, i'm only just in normal BMI range and feel chubby now so I'd like to lose a stone before the Op, need to get a move on Shocked Laughing
Clomids a good idea if they offer it just to help boost the number of eggs even if you already ovulate, twos got to be better than one Wink Laughing xx
LHC
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:05 pm 
Post subject: Re success after
Hello happy Saturday Laughing
Well coy lent sleep last night so whilst oh was asleep was googling lap and dye success on google and found slot of positives stories just on that ... I love the explanation of filling the bath with water blah blah and unblocking good way of explaining i I forgot to ask about my left tube that spilled but did not fill where did the water from the hsg test go I know after the hsg the radiologist said a simple op should cure that but it's not simple and there are after side effects from this so hope I dont suffer too bad the nhs sperm test lol the said abstain for five days where as private say three maybe that's why plus there was rules and keep it in ur pocket to keep it warm the sample blah blah silly instructions I think he shod be fine it's me with blocked tubes but will sort that I thought I wld be okay but I suppose am a bit scared but it's worth it kind of scared about ur tube n scar tissue I'm sure they can repair it otherwise why wld they have u come in for the op it's just the little hair like structures in the tue that carry the egg they should function you have come this far so think positive mention all your concerns and how they can address them and we could both get so technical on this and feel it's a waste of time but on the other hand it really does carry success rates and I believe in mind over matter so just think positive and see wht the consultants say and yes about the clomid if the tubes are fine and perhaps hormonal help is offered later on then all good funny thing is sometimes when u do give up and think no it won't happen I won't get pregnant you may just find out that u are lol so many possibilities once these tubes are open for business Shocked Enjoy the weekend x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:10 am 
Post subject:
Well I hope so Laughing some things they can't tell you anyway like how well your tube will function even once it's not blocked but thats the same for everyone and there do seem to be success stories Smile .
My OH's NHS SA they said 3 days not 5 days as well Question as after 3 days they start to die off so if you wait 5 days then there will always be lots of dead ones and then when i took it in she asked me when we last had sex to write it on the label ,I was so embarrassed Embarassed Laughing it just had to be there within the hour so we had to get an appointment time but apart from that there were no special instructions Smile
I'm definately keeping an open mind about the Op though, I just want to see what they say on the day and if it can be unblocked then I'll be hopeful we have a decent chance Very Happy and the unblocking rates are fairly high so it looks like we both have a good chance of being unblocked then it's just up to mother nature Laughing xx
LHC
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:25 pm 
Post subject: Omg
Hi got my letter today for the op was not expecting this...... It's on the 29 Sept but I'm going to make sure it is the consultant doing the op n they have not just fit me in as on my card she said the consultant has put his name on anyway haven't told OH yet ...mixed feelings xx and saw the op on tube I'm a bit cringy...not sure wht to say I was mentally prepared for October but what's meant to be will be so once I stop being a wimp I may see the positive ! Embarassed Surprised Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Embarassed I suppose a bit worried but obviously it's a worry worth sorting if I get there in the end........ Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular