Laproscopic/Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation - chromotubation

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 am 
Post subject:
Well thats good, it being sooner than you thought Very Happy I hope they have got you in with the proper doc, I know where I', going there's only him who does them which is why mines been put back as he's off in September now Rolling Eyes Laughing
I keep wishing I'd get a cancellation so i could just get it done and over with Shocked Laughing
If you watch anything with laproscopy in it it looks horrible Shocked , I actually only saw it after I had my lap and dyes otherwise it would have put me off a bit Laughing , but honestly all you hve is a very small cut in the bottom of your belly button and two or sometimes 3 tiny cuts (about 5-6mm) on your belly, usually one one each hip and maybe one sort of at the middle of your pubic bone Question I had mine glued twice and stitched once and it was just one stitch in the smaller ones and two in the belly button, if they offer glue I think it heals better Question
I had no pain at all from the smaller cuts and only a little bruising a few days later round the belly button one, the stuff they do down below you don't even feel as if anythings been done Laughing
honestly the worst bit is the wind which you can get with any abdominal procedure , i'm more scared about making an idiot of myself coming round from the anaesthetic as i normally talk rubbish and cry Embarassed Laughing
Will this be your first Op ?
I suppose i'm sort of used to them now after the sections, a reversal and two lap and dyes Shocked Laughing so going under the anaesthetic doesn't bother me as i know it's just like falling asleep and literally feels like the next second that you wake up in recovery Very Happy and as its quite a short op too you don't feel so hung over after as you don't get that much anaesthetic Smile
But I know I'll get nervous too when it gets close more because of the chance of it not working more than anything else I think Question
The sooner its done the sooner you can start trying for that baby though Very Happy xx
LHC
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:25 am 
Post subject: Re Op date !
Hello

I was a bit worried but am fine now ! I have to have a blood test five days before the op so will confirm it is the consltant doing it...and also when I check in for the op I will get to meet him hopefully so I know it will be done by him ! The nurse at my pre op said he had written on the form to do mine as I had asked him at my appt so hopefully it should be fine otherwise...all hell will break lose..so really from next week its a month away !

I got my vitamins ...my period was a bit clotty this month and I had a terrible headache lingering on...and I was off work and now back to work but feel okay !!

I find your replies really helpful..so thank you very much...I know they do not have the glue but will ask on the op day if not it will be the dissolvable stitch...ewww...im prepared for the after effects...and yeah...it will prob just be the abdomen area and the shoulder tip thing..lol..interesting...well we will both need lots of TLC i suppose and lots of positive thinking...last night we got round to talking about it myself and the OH as I have been so busy with my own two..and I said I wonder what else I can do to increase my chances...and he said well this is going to increase the chance isnt it...so he said dont worry it will be for about 2 hours that you will be out of it but will be okay and then rest for a few days and he will be there..so..hopefully...........no point thinking otherwise as will cross that bridge when it comes...

I am just wondering they say that give yourself a year to get pregnant after this ? as I remember he said that I will be too old to qualify for IVF...LOL so i do not get it really there is so much conflicting issues on everything rreally....I mean wait for ayear...that means I am back to my normal self after th e tubes are clear but then my baseline tests are okay so then if im still not pregnant then what...i suppose its the chemical things..oh dear look at me panicking..LOL LOL..i think i should shush and carry on working...........lol..hope you are awell and things are going well...xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 am 
Post subject:
Were you looking at private IVF ? As for that there is no real upper limit, it's up to the clinic treating you and what they feel your chances are with your own eggs, they might recommend donor eggs, but I know at least one Czech clinic that does tandem cycles with a donor on standby if you like in case yours aren't great Question
I think personally if nothings happened after about 6 months for us we'll give up actively trying Question we decided a while ago not to go for IVF if this doesn't work as we could well just be throwing money at a problem and still not have any luck Question but we already have two children together so it's different for us than a lot of people I suppose Smile
I was told sometimes even if tubes look perfect inside and out they just don't work Question so I wouldn't want to drag it out too long Question
By that point I'd be getting to a stage were if I got pregnant I'd be 44 when i gave birth not 43 Confused although i don't think you maybe ever stop mentally trying Question
and my gran had my Dad at 49 Shocked , 15yrs after her previous child with no contraception in between Shocked Laughing so sometimes these things just surprise you Laughing not sure how happy I'd be to be starting again at 49 mind you Laughing
But FX neither of us has to wait very long, you might even have your BFP before I have my Op Very Happy 9 weeks and 5 days for me (not that i'm counting Embarassed Laughing )
I'd recommend some conception vits for you and your Oh though if you want to boost your chances and make sure the eggs and sperm are the best they can be, a lot of supermarkets do their own brands now which are much cheaper than the named brands and it can't hurt to try them Smile xx
LHC
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:11 am 
Post subject: Re ; Logic
Yes...thanks...well...

The consultant mentioned that I was too old for IVF for the NHS..as I would be 43 next year but I do know that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE..if we really wanted a baby and with the scientific possibilities especially in other countries..and if we had the money and time...are endless..

we keep playing the lottery and if we win I said I would go straight to the IVF clinic LOL...

I suppose keeping it simple the cannulation should be tried first...if I was of the age to try for IVF on the NHS then maybe they do not bother with cannulation so each person has their own personal way of doing this...

EMOTIONALLY./mentally.. Surprised i FEEL i am letting my OH down if I do not have his baby but at least I am trying...and he is the one that said we already have two even though they are not his...so hes such a sweetheart and anyway I am his big baby at the end of the day ..lol...

without being emotional..i know that im doing my best...hope my body does the same...a colleague of mind told me she was pregnant last week...i was like thats great...wish I could have said the same..!...lol..

I also think six months will be a cut off point...after that if we do try for IVF then thats another headache and a half...but even whilst researching natural ivf..they will not take anyone like me who has a normal hormone profile unless it changes...so i do not get it...I think we will just see..there are freebie ivf fertility clinic seminars in london which we can attend but lets see...

mY MUM HAS MY SIS at 38 ...i think my tubes are blo9cked due to the coil I had in situ for 10 then five years...it could be some deposit or caused an infetion without me knowing..so I do not think i had PID and have so much scarring..AGAIN THE radiologist said a simple op can clear this...so if this is a simple op ...here i go...lol I think again also its mother nature....will she please visit us and also the divine...helping hand...

the other day when we went to one of his places of worship ...he ended up unblocking their sink and he said ...ohw i wish your tubes would unblock...so I said maybe its a sign ...lol...anyway...my two are teenagers so living with a 16 and 17 year old ismore than enough tto put anyone off having kids...OMG...lol..just kidding..it would have been great to have him around when I had them or rather he was their dad..but then he would have been 14 at the time as I was 24 LOL so that was a l il impossible...heheheh...xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:27 am 
Post subject:
Well hopefully it will work for you then IVF won't even be something you need to think about,I think the NHS cut off is 40 and they won't generally do it if either of you has a child from a previous relationship Confused but a lot of the EU clinics are more relaxed about treatments and will tailor things to suit you , and cost a lot less as well, the quote I got was less than half what a london clinic would charge Shocked because they have much lower overheads in terms of rent and staff wages etc. but we still decided to go with the cannulation first and have now decided if it doesn't work we won't bother with the IVF (I might change my mind though Embarassed Laughing )
i have heard quite a few stories of women being told their tubes were blocked and then conceiving so it does happen sometimes, they either get it wrong or whatever was in their works loose perhaps Question Hopefully this Op will just speed the process up Laughing xx
LHC
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:37 am 
Post subject: Action plan
Well yes...and I think an action plan has to be drawn up...take note !!!

1. Conception Vitamins the expensive ones as the asda brand own were not on the shelf - Check

also was taking macca and Shilajit..re start

2. Excersise...to keep fit and healthy before the op and after !

3. Eat healthy keep weight to a minimum and try to lose some ..lol about 7 kgs to go

4. not to worry or stress about anything..

5. rest and relaxation activity once a day...or doing something YOU LIKE..pampering etc

6. Keeping happy ..

7. Think positive..

8. Visualise that baby !! Embarassed

9. HAVE THE OPERATION.....!!!

10. use the ovulation predictors to see...when ovulation is taking place... and go for it...

OH THAT rreminds me...i used the ovulation predictor strips when I first started trying and realised that on some months it showed ovulation and other times it did not...so I wonder if it is because of the blocked tubes and do you definately ovulate from left to right or right to left ...?? also the fluid after the HSG i wonder where that went as my rleft tube filled but di dnot spilll...LOL....I have lots of the strips for ovulation at home and theythrew in some pregnancy tester strips to...hmmm well...well I may just try to see what happens if I put that strip in some coke..whilst im waiting...lol..well...hurry up and get pregnant to everyone trying......I really would love to experience that wonderful feeling again...
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Errm where to start Laughing
Ov strips, first you can miss the surge if yours are short and you test once a day, for example yesterday morning i had practically no line, last night a 5pm I did one on a whim and had a really strong line, so i tested again at 7pm and got a pos Very Happy by this morning it was already fading a bit and by 3pm it wasn't a pos so if I'd only tested at 5pm yesterday and then 3pm today I wouldn't have had a pos on any of them, so when you start to see a stronger line its worth testing more than once a day, of course if you don't get a gradual build up you can still miss it Rolling Eyes Laughing
So keeping track of cm and cp (cervical position) if you're not to squeemish can be helpful too ,I've done that when not using OPK's (ov strips ) and found it works just as well Smile
having a blocked tube should not affect ovulation at all , i was tracking before my reversal and always ov'd and both my tubes were technically blocked then Smile
Ovulation side is totally random, a lot of women have one dominant ovary that produces more follicles and often its the right side and might ov more from that side(just because having more follicles means the odds are better the dominant one will be on that side ), but generally speaking its down to the eggs and which has the most FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) receptors as to which grows fastest and becomes dominant and which side you ov , for me that always seems to be the right side about 8/9 times a year Question But it can go in any pattern Question
even with one tube though it can get the egg from the other ovary, everything is very close together inside not like on the daigrams you see, after my first lap she showed me the pics and the ends of your tubes curl round the back of your uterus and almost touch in the middle and the ovaries are near the ends of the tubes, if one tube missed the egg it falls into a small pouch behind your uterus and the other tube can get it from there Smile
The dye from the HSG would probably have come back out of your cervix when it didn't spill, any left over will be absorbed by your body, its harmless Smile with the lap they use blue stuff and as my tube stump spilled and my body absorbed it i had green pee for days Shocked Laughing
It's very tempting to test once you have those strips isn't it Laughing i still do now even though i know the chances are practically zero Rolling Eyes Laughing
It would be lovely to see though two lines appear on the test wouldn't it , FX for both of us Smile
Oh and if you don't mind me asking which hospital are you going to as a friend asked me for a friend of hers who wants to find out more about this Op, but they're further south than me , i wondered if your hospital would be closer for her ? xx
LHC
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 am 
Post subject: hello
Hi Nat its the QEH Woolwich where I will be having mine done.

I got refused by my gp to refer me to a gynaecologist he said I would have to go private.

I then went to my local STI clinic just to make sure that as my tubes were blocked there was no infection present just for peace of mind, there was not so then i explained to the nurse that i have blocked tubes so just making sure nothing else is wrong, she said you should get referred to a gynacologist they can unblock the tubes etc...but then my gp rang me and said no u can not , then the consultant gynae at the STI clinic rang me and said I WAS CONFUSED but I said no ..i simply want to see if they can be unblocked so she then sent a letter to my GP, LUCKILY the gp was on leave so another gp said that what I was requesting was fair enough i.e. why are my tubes blocked and then referred me to my local hospital...then i got to see the gynaecologist who said IVF, then i burst out crying and said what about cannulation and then he said okay will try to help but this op carries lots of risks and it may not be successful and then that was it am now booked in for this in September...so..boy it was not easy to get there...if I know where she lives specifically I may be able to help more...but really as you know ...you have to fight to get there and as u quoted the NICE guidelines it worked..i suppose me going on and on and crying got me there ..lol..but anyhow...no matter what I have researched this on the net like u and the cannulation does have success rates...we can only try and i suggest your friends friend tries and I hope I can help as much as....xxx what the story of her...i.e. problems...x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
Its a friend of a friend so i don't know all the details but I believe she's had an ectopic pregnancy and lost a tube and the other is partially blocked ? she was told IVF was the only option as well (I think they just say that so they can discharge you and it doesn't cost them any more money Rolling Eyes ) Your hospital will probably be closer for her though as she's down south Smile will pass that on thanks Smile
It is a real drama getting this op isn't it Rolling Eyes considering it should be available to women who want to try it rather than IVF , It took me a total of 14 months from first being told IVF was the only option to actually getting the appointment where I was given a date , not good when you don't have years and years left to conceive Shocked Laughing x
LHC
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 am 
Post subject: sleepless night..
Hello...
Posting this bleary eyed...

I am not sure what is going on but couldnt sleep ....so ended up searching for cannulation success on google..nothing new found... Mad but I know it does carry success rates similar to that of IVF if given a chance and there is no other major fertility factors..next month I will be having my blood test on the 20 Sept five days before the op on the 25th..!!! so Im thinking that on Saturday I will be counting down...hence probably why I couldnt sleep...as well as it being so muggy..i had been looking at IVF sites yesterday and again the prices here are so high its a shock..i thought i found a good three ivf package but then the add ons...you must be kidding.....really relying on these tubes unblocking and mother nature taking her course..when i look back on this year this whole journey started from around November last year when I realised I was ovulating and didnt fall pregnant in December after following the ovulation strips etc..so in January or Marchish I started this whole thing with blood tests and the fsh, lh day 21 , a scan a HSG in May and then finally in Sept this op will take place...its been almost a year concentrating on one thing...I have tried not to stress and am not stressed just a little anxious and now whilst writing..i realise its anxiousness of what if after this surgery its not okay...but then again I keep telling myself one step at a time...right now after my whole year of this and my normal hormonal profile...why cant it happen...the radiologist said a simple op could unblock my tubes so there is a remedy....sorry...just getting it all off my chest...good luck to everyone trying...
MsJLS
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:44 am 
Post subject: Searching For Tubal Cannulation Dr's In Columbus, Ohio.
Is there anyone in or around the Columbus, OH area that knows of any Dr's that perform this? I am looking to get this done, but having difficulty finding any Doctors. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I wish to share something else. Before you resort to IVF. There is another option.

Embro Adoption.

Its half the cost of IVF. This website will give you information about it. But Goggle it, yahoo, bing, whatever search engine you use. There is tons of information.

http://www.embryoadoption.org/
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry hun i'm in the UK , but I believe a lot of radiologists do it in the US might be worth ringing a few and asking Question xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:35 am 
Post subject:
LHC just wanted to say good luck for monday with the pre op Very Happy I've got mine tuesday Smile makes it all feel a bit more real now Laughing xx
LHC
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:09 pm 
Post subject: Re tomorrow
Hi THANK YOU...will be going in tomorrow...i have a lil cold so i hope they dont notice....i have had work related stress last week so was off...OH spermatooza was fine we went to a clinic in london who do IVF..they said well try this and see ...i said sure am....they said its good to try this you never know then i also got a call from another clinic who said this op will work for you but you will never get it on the NHS so blah blah...and she said that even if one tube is unblocked you have a good chance blah blah...

will keep you updated...

there are lots of placed that do the cannulation privately...especially in usa...in fact no GA it is done as a day case....worth the try....i hope they do not notice my lil cold....ive waited long enough....

good luck for yours....lots of luck .............if you get pregnant soon i know i can too...vice versa.........lol..xxx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck for tomorrow Nat. x
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular