Laproscopic/Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation - chromotubation

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:56 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Kaz xx
Had the pre op, all routine, had bloods done, no reasons to not go ahead (for some reason I was convinced there would be a problem Embarassed Laughing ), got all advice sheets and now know where to go on the day Very Happy Just got to get through the next 27 days and remember to take the Noresthisterone on time so AF turns up when i want her to and not when she does Rolling Eyes Laughing
Good luck LHC xx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Aww, glad it went well. xx
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:07 pm 
Post subject:
Orr I'm glad to read it looks like it's all going ahead smoothly Nat. xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:14 am 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies Smile xx
LHC
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:01 am 
Post subject: I've had the surgery ....
Hello
Heres mu experience
Went in at 7 am went thru blood pressure n temperature and urine test then was told to change into hospital gown n stockings and told u will do down to surgery 11 am so
Went down into surgery they gave me a pain killer then the ga and off I went to sleep......

Woke up groggy felt cramping so they topped my pain killer.. Kept getting cross eyed lol was snoozy wanted water throat n lips were so dry

I wentt back to the ward was still snoozy but able to talk to oh had lots of water finally got up to pee and was ok minimal bleeding the pain is there but managing it ok usually I'm a wimp with pain it's just like being kicked in the stomach not that I have but just that area so holding belly when walking and stooping
Was waiting for the doc n pharmacy to see me after op but they left so eventually I got in at eight thirty even though they said after one and a half hours u can go home after the surgery
So they did give me two antibiotics
I asked to read my notes but apparently the doc left a message with the ward sister which never got to me so one of the nurses said the tubes have been unblocked but on reading my notes and the gp letter it seems thad I had adhesions
And he's put in the gp form bilateral hydrosalpinx but the hsg showed a differenft result
Left tube spilled but did not spill right tube did not fill
So where did the left blocked tube hydro come from if it filled on hsg also didn't the scans show adhesions or the xray
So apparently I had extensive adhesions too
Okay so did see the notes which said hydrotubation showed no fill but now I think I read it said left tube spill right scanty spill so unless I speak to the consultant I am in limbo I hope this is useful info once I've spoken to cons will reply clearer
I needed my sick note for two weeks so need to chase the ward for that. I have my infertility clinic appt in 6 weeks
I also should get a letter in the post of what they done .. No sex tampons baths only showers for two weeks..am felling moody as I wish the consultant had reassured me ..time for a tea xxxxxxx don't worry what I can say is I'm in a bit of pain my body is saying yeah coz ur tubes are cleaned out pain it's a good pain rest is in gods hands...xxxx
LHC
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:08 am 
Post subject: And
The only post op issue is I keep peeing and it's coming out slowly hope the haven't stiched my pee pipe lol

Glad the pre op was ok hoping
Just to let u know I was heady and runny nosed but still went in I did mention I've a runny nose n bit of a cold theywere ok about it plus I had a headache so bad but that had gone after surgery so has the cold so wrap up well as it's getting colder n stay as fit as ..xxxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 am 
Post subject:
Sorry you're still confused LHC, scans and x-rays etc won't show adhesions, none showed on my HSG but did on my lap Question
Maybe the hydrosalphinx was caused by the adhesions and formed after the HSG Question
It sounds like both tubes had spill when he'd finished though Very Happy my reversal cons said its normal for one to flow slower as most of the dye will often head down one tube over the other Smile Did he remove the adhesions for you as well ?
FX you'll get that BFP before you even go back to see him Very Happy
i hope they don't always say no sex for 2 weeks as i'm planning on pouncing on my OH a few days after the Op if my tube is open Shocked Laughing
Glad to hear you didn't have too much pain though, I've already had two laps and was fine after those so hoping this is the same Smile
I bet you're relieved its done now though Very Happy and FX there'll be a good outcome for you soon Very Happy xx
LHC
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:17 pm 
Post subject: Ok update no 2 lol
Hi spoke to a junior doc
She confirmed what I thought after I read my notes
At first no fill spill from dye at lap so they found both tubes dilated meaning fat right side bigger
Ovaries mobile
After removal of adhesions and cannula and hydrobation
Left side fill and spill
Right side scanty fill and spill

So Very Happy I smile I think they are unblocked lol but maybe not both if one is scanty lol ummm still waitin for another call from consultant and this junior has said I am sending the sick note for one week I was told two so have to go to doc as I have work related stress hope to be off for three weeks
I'm ok just takin pain killers and a hot pad on tummy
So I'm sure that ur op will be fine u and I were right about trying cannulation lol plus we have had babies before I'm thinking at my appt in six weeks will ask for clomid also whilst searching on the net I spotted the fertility show at olympia which has tips for pregnancies over age 40

Well I'm smirking but will be smiling when I'm pregnant ....I'm determined ...
I hope u are feeling positive it works well so far ......lol
LHC
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 pm 
Post subject: I love ur consultant
Actually u have saved the day so has your consultant if he said that about the dye maybe that's why it's scanty on the right u are so well informed .. So far I have informed myself via websites and everyone has said only one thing which was ivf but I've no other issues apart from the tubal so cannulation can unblock them and lap n dye n adhesion removal so one can start to try for pregnancy but boy oh boy didnt it go round in circles one must trust their own instincts as miracles are possible

U have been a great help hoping aka nat so am sure ur outcome will be positive and unblocked u have a great consultant the next thing is egg enhancers and need more conception vitamins Very Happy Very Happy I think I'm happy .....it's taking long for a bit of good news to sink in after so much disappointment looking forward to ur updates after ur op now good luck xxxx I will update once the cons has spoken to me lol waiting for their call.......xx
LHC
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 pm 
Post subject: Message via nurse from consultant
He said he remembers separating the adhesions and is pleased with the left tube the right tube is 50/50 so she said ur one and a half tubes unblocked she said if u do get pregnant u med an early scan so has given me her number as there are kinks in the tube after surgery there is an increased chance of ectopic she said my progesterone was ok 42.1 so she said clomid can increase eggs u don't want lts of eggs coming down n block so will confirm at my appt in six weeks so I said so is there a chance she said due to age and risk of ectopic other than that fingers crossed so v negative but they can't guarantee a pregnancy can they and Im thinking I stand a better chance than before and the surgeon is a tubal surgeon unless someone else has done it Embarassed well for now I'm not thinking negative I'm glad they are unblocked I suppose they said what I already knew after reading my notes wonder wht ur cons will say but he does sound positive ..oh well have got this far........fingers crossed it is ...xxxx Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Aww i wouldn't worry too much you only need one good tube anyway Very Happy thats all I'll have even if things go to plan Shocked Laughing and lots of ladies on here have been told they didn't have great spill but got pregnant, my cons just said the dye's aq luquid like any other so it takes the easiest route, so if one tube is a tiny bit wider it will go through that more Smile sometimes they actually clamp one off to get the dye to go through the other , i watched some great videos of this op on you tube , really interesting stuff Very Happy
nothing we can do about our age though so i'm trying not to worry about that i suppose after the op its out of our hands we just have to try our best and hope we get that BFP Smile
Your progesterone was great so you definately ov on your own and clomid doesn't help with quality, but I suppose if you have 2 eggs released you have a better chance of one taking Question I was told I could have it last year if things had been clear after my lap Question and my reversal cons has said he'll do me a prescription if this op works as well , so hopefully when you go back in 6 weeks they'll give it to you, if not there's something called Soy isoflavones that you can get from places like tesco thats like natures clomid and a lot of women on here have tried Question
Its so annoying though when you don't get all the facts on the day , 6 weeks is a long time to wait for a proper explanation Shocked with my previous laps I had someone come round and explain everything there and then (even saw some photos on the first one Laughing so i now know what my womb and ovaries look like from the inside Laughing )so hopefully they will this time, I'll ask before i go down Laughing
FX we both have our BFP's before Christmas Cool Laughing xx
LHC
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:06 am 
Post subject: Day 2 after lap dye cannulation and adhesion removal...
Hi thanks so much hoping... U are a star....
Today feel sick it's prop the antibiotics x 2 the pain killer plus haven't been for a no 2 since before the op lol
My bleeding has started again I thought it had stopped I'm not sure how to move or sit lol I am worried about my tubes hope they are healing well ... I will miss trying this month so will buy an ovulation monitor for next month n also see a Chinese medicine person maybe ... Bit moody just wanna get pregnant now lol but one step at a time with all the changes and politics going on in the nhs I'm glad I've had the op ...did u bleed for long and how did u rest total bed or sofa I'm feeling tired sick bleeding and have a slight temperature really trying to rest they posted me a sick note for a week it should be two weeks I feel bruised inside ... I am a wimp lol Sad Wink soy isoflones interesting ..snoozy".....".
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
I had a fair bit of bleeding after the HSG , i think its just because the dye can disturb your womb lining Question But none after my first lap even though AF was due 2 days later and then with my second i'd actually started spotting before going into theatre Rolling Eyes i think it depends on how forcefully they put the dye through and what point in your cycle you're at Question hope it settles down for you soon Smile
I know what you mean i was half expecting to go for my pre op and be told they couldn't do it Shocked just glad it was january when i got referred as my GP said practically all referrals are being blocked at the moment Shocked madness really as they still have to pay the hospital staff even if they don't have patients Rolling Eyes Laughing
I'll be testing for Ov when i have my Op as i want to make sure we don't miss a chance Embarassed Laughing after my HSG (on cd 10) i didn't ov until cd 22 Question I'm hoping its not so long this time, but in a way it would be good to have a bit more time to recover Question
You probably are a bit bruised, i had bruising suddenly appear at about 4-5 days after the laps which was a bit tender Sad but it soon went Smile just keep an eye on the temps as you might need some different anti B's if you're coming down with something, of course it could be from the cold you were getting anyway Question
I've been taking Dong quai, thats a chinese medicine thing and it helps me ov a lot earlier Smile can't take it before the op though as it thins your blood slightly but i'll be back on it a couple of days after Wink Laughing I was probably a none believer in that sort of stuff before but it really works for me Smile xx
LHC
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:51 am 
Post subject: Update after lap and dye hysteroscopy adhesion removal
Hello just an update....
After having the op done last tues...I really needed to just rest I found doing more I was bleeding more but reading everyone's experience on the Internet we have all gone thru it different ways but got thru it .. I'm still groggy had a lot of pain last night but my incision is slightly bigger where they punctured me oh took off my plasters...the things they never said at hospital I would like to share ..last night six days after the op I managed to sleep on my sides...they never advised it would be impossible to but this is my experience I had to sleep straight also taking two antibiotics has left me nauseous so have gone off certain foods i hate tea n coffee used to love it the pain killer made me constipated and the psychological effect after an op...its a personal thing so trying to snap out...also to wait 6 weeks to speak to ur consultant is long so it's good to be able to speak to someone helpful whilst waiting then I'm a bit bugged by the e topic pregnancy thing..as one of the risks...but then I'm thinking it's a risk ... The good thing is I just hope I am at a big risk of getting pregnant... Laughing actually really missing the baby dancing and close cuddles that's was making me moody as I cuddle oh with my tummy involved so he's been a star in taking care of me..I would love to return the favour but have to wait until next week which falls on his birthday Laughing but I won't be ovulating ...roll on next month...need to go out this week to see the Chinese medicine ladies and look for an easy opk Surprised ...
Thought of the day I want a baby with my oh soon........ Embarassed
MsJLS
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 am 
Post subject: Laproscopic/Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation
Hello,

I am looking for a Dr in Columbus, OH that performs the Laproscopic/Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation?

So far I am not having any luck. Do any of you know of any Dr's in Columbus, OH that performs this?

Any information that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jennifer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular