forward facing car seats ??!

tiilyy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:23 pm 
Post subject: forward facing car seats ??!
hi, my lo is 7 months old. he is still in his new born car seat at the moment , facing backward , I'm just a little concerned that his feet are against the seat and he can't actually straighten his legs fully. when should i put him in to a forward facing one ?? really really confused ... he looks soo cramped. on the forward facing seat i brought it says 9kg to face forward.. H is currently 8.7kg
any help much appreciated
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Hi his legs are fine if they are bent up..... current advice is to keep your child rear facing for as long as possible.... there are new car seats to the uk that keep them rear facing till aprox 4yrs... these seats are 5 times safter than any forward facing seat....
once his head is at the top of his baby seat(my son was 4mths old when this happened to us) then its time for next size up ...

http://www.rearfacing.co.uk/http://www.rearfacing.co.uk/gallery.php#vids link to explain why ....scared the life out of me .... enough to make me not use the forward facing seat we had bought as part of a package from M&P....

my son is 14mths and very large we have the besafe izi x3 for him... i wouldnt turn him round for a long while yet

best wishes

x x x

Xavier lifes pure joy
mclainpauline
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:46 pm 
Post subject:
In my personal point of view rare facing car seat is the best to use for babies. It is special design for child safety purpose. It is really good to protect your baby during accident. Its help to protect your babies from injuries.
ednahelton
Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:12 am 
Post subject:
mclainpauline wrote:
In my personal point of view rare facing car seat is the best to use for babies. It is special design for child safety purpose. It is really good to protect your baby during accident. Its help to protect your babies from injuries.

I agree with you i have one forward facing car seat.
Bobski1980
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
Most car forward facing car seats recommend you child can sit unaided for more than 30 minutes before they go into this type of seat. Some have weight restrictions and some have age restrictions. I put my son in his next seat at 12 months as they are much safer in the baby seats. I agree I've heard the read facing seats are much safer. I wish I'd got one x

ednahelton
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:09 am 
Post subject:
You can also buy car seat online from cutebabybuy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular