Over Active Thyroid :((

yorkie101
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 pm 
Post subject: Over Active Thyroid :((
Hi, I've not been on for a while as my life has been such a roller coaster for the last 3 months..Not sure where to start, cos so much has happened but I will try & keep this short & to the point..

Ok, so the story starts on a cold morning in Feb, when we had that really cold -15 weather our outside tap & pipes decided to burst & spill loads of freezing cold water through our house, it was horrendous. We had over 2inches of water in our kitchen & our lounge Shocked
Later on that day me & DH had a huge row, just as my parents brought back our DD, as they'd taken her out, while we cleared the mess from the flood. Well this row quickly turned very nasty & long story short, we eneded up splitting up for a few wk's & DH moved out.

While we were apart, one day I was grooming my dog & I collapsed in agony on the floor. I managed to get to my mobile & call an ambulance. When they arrived I was rushed to hospital with a suspeced burst apendix & prepared for sugery, but it turned out to be a burst cyst on my right ovary in the end. I also have a small one on my left ovary. I was discharge & told to go home the next day. I have an appt on the 1st May to check how it is, not sure what to expect really cos I've never had a cyct before..

While I was at hospital they took bloods & I got a phone call the next day from my gp saying one of the blood tests have found something wrong, well, it turned out I was aneamic was put on iron tablets 4 times a day & told to have a reapeat blood tests in 4 wks time. When I went to get my repeat from I was seen by a locum dr who happened to ask if my thyroid had been checked so I said " No, but I asked over a year ago if it could be checked, as I've been feeling so poorly for month's".

Ok, so I get this blood test done & the next day I get a another call from the surgery saying they've found out I have Hyperthyroidism, basically an over active thryoid. My level indicated that I have had it for nearly 3 years. Which I have found out since has caused all of my mc's & made me infertile for the past 2years. So basically we have been ttc for 2 1/2 years with no hope of ever getting pregnant. As you can imagine I was very upset, angry & confused at how long they had let me go on suffering for, I'm now on treatment & have been told we CANNOT ttc again till March or April 2013

If your still reading Thank-you very much for listening don't really need a reply just needed to get this out. xx

Last edited by yorkie101 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:21 am; edited 2 times in total
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
oh hun big hugs, youve really been through it the last few months.

hopefully now they have sorted out your problems, when it is time to TTC then you will fall pg easily and have a healthy little bean.

amyxpearce
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my goodness you've had a rough time of it. I really hope you're doing a bit better now. At least now they can control your hyperthyroidism. Hope everything has worked out with you and your partner x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular