Temp and coverline

Kirk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:35 am 
Post subject: Temp and coverline
Hi All

Does anyone know where your coverline on your graph is supposed to be, how do I work it out?

Also my temp on CD20 went to 36.1, 36.0, 35.9, 35.7, then spiked to 36.9, 37.0 and 36.9, it then went down to 36.5 and for last couple of days has risen again to 36.7 and then this morning it was 36.8.

Prior to ovulation my temps have been consistently 36.1 and 36.2, but did have a freak one of 35.9 on around CD 14 I believe.

After spiking is temp supposed to lower, is this a good sign or is it too early as yet?

This is my first month charting so not expecting too much but any help appreciated?

Cheers

Kirk

http://www.mycycle.com/home/ZFFZY
bikini
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject:
it looks to me you OVed when your temp was 35.7 then rose to 36.9. if it drops in your luteal phase it could be possible implatation, but that isnt conclusive. temps are quite irratic. you have to make sure you take your temps first think in the morning, the minute you open your eyes and at the same time everyday.

hope that helps. good luck xx
Kirk
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi bikini
Thanks for your reply.
Yep have been taking my temp at same time like it advises, so am sure I ovulated when it dipped, and then when it spiked I was positive that ovualtion had occurred. I am now on CD 25 and my temp has risen to 36.8, just wondered if the luteal phase is the phase after ovulation and if my temp should have decreased after the spiking, I know the 36.5 dip was an anomalie as it couldn't have been implantation at CD 23, but just wondered why it dipped then rose again.

I thought after ov spiking my temp would decrease ready for AF, so just wondered why it is suddenly rising and if at this early stage it was a good sign or just normal.

If anyone has any advice regarding the coverline I would be most appreciative as I chart at home.
Kirk

http://www.mycycle.com/home/ZFFZY
Doddsy
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kirk
Your temps are supposed to stay high after ov in your Luteal Phase.
You may get a dip at about 4-6 dpo that is an estrogen surge. I get it every month and it is basically to remind your body to keep producing progesterone. It's hard to tell your chart without actually seeing it on paper or online and as it's your first month all these things could be perfectly normal for you./
Click on my charts link as it will show you 4 of my charts and it may put your mind at ease xxx
MissSunshine78
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
I think it is hard to tell from just seeing the numbers, have you thought about using some of the internet software? i think ff is very good, and it puts the coverline on for you.
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular